AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Old 2013-08-02, 10:13pm
Lover of Life

Default Who has a Hellcat...

... and how do you like it? Pros and cons? I use propane and have one 20lpm and two 5lpm concentrators. Will that do it? I'm wanting to work larger soft glass beads, and marbles and small sculptures in boro.

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2013-08-03, 4:30am
DaveK

I took a class from Deb Crowley and she uses a Hellcat on an O2 concentrator(not sure of the model concentrator). She was very happy with the torch and recomened it. She has been in the business a long time.

I did some research and if you just go by number of jets to $$, then the Hellcat is the best deal, especially if you get a show discount. I went ahead and ordered one. Don't confuse it with a Wildcat though.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You can call me Dave 🎨
Old 2013-08-03, 4:38am
Hobby Junkie

I used a Hellcat at a class with John Kobuki. I LOVED it

Old 2013-08-03, 2:40pm
I'm meeeeelting

I hate them, but I think it all depends on what you're used to and how you work. If you like the mini cc, you'll probably like the hellcat. I prefer a hot, pinpoint flame. The mini cc and hellcats don't have a hot enough pinpoint for my liking and have too much radiant heat.

Did you try the hellcats at Glass Stock last year? What did you think? If you're considering one, you should check with Deb as she can often sell the torches used at Glass Stock at a discount at the end of the event she usually has a table of hellcats.

Looks from the Carlisle site that to run it full out, you'd need 5 psi and 21 lpm, so you could run it almost full boar on your 20 LPM concentrator or you could wye the two 5s together and run the inner fire with it and then run the outer on the 20 and probably have a rip roaring good time.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves: