Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-06-05, 10:21am

Default Esty users, did you know...?

I am fairly new to using Etsy, and found listing things to be very time intensive. So, i wrote to Etsy and asked them about making a couple of things easier, things such as adding the tags to an item.

I got a very prompt response from them, for which I was very impressed, and they told me that they are working on some things but they would be a while. They suggested that in the meantime i try looking into the third party hacks at this site.. http://www.etsyhacks.com/greasemonkey/

Ok, i must say that I am in no way associated with this person, but wholly cow do his hacks rock!!!!!! He has a "copy this item" hack that lets you copy a listed item; a "relist this item" hack that adds that to your sold items page, and a "bulk image uploader" that lets you upload the five images per item all at once. They have made my little Etsy life sooooo much easier!

Do the rest of you know about these???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 20% off for LE members!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[size="3"]Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. - Dale Carnegie

Last edited by Purrpleturtle; 2009-06-05 at 6:59pm.
Old 2009-06-05, 12:09pm
Isinglass Design

Thanks. I didn't know, but then I'm not that good at all that stuff. I'm especially interested in loading multiple pics- great news!

Laurie
Old 2009-06-05, 1:11pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely hate listing my stuff on etsy due to the fact there's no "list similar item" function yet, and I hate addding taggs, it takes a lot of time, and now I can just copy a listing, add taggs just once and voila!

Thanks a million for posting this, you've made my life so much easier!

Old 2009-06-05, 2:05pm

You are very welcome!! I was so impressed that i wrote to the author of the hacks, and i told him how impressed i was. Then he asked me if i had any suggestions for future hacks... my reply was how about one that makes the vacuum run by itself?

[size="3"]Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. - Dale Carnegie
Old 2009-06-05, 2:07pm
Serenity Now!

FAB researching, Joanne (my long-lost friend). I think we've gotta talk... And hey: You never told me your Cricket was purple AND has sparkles!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2009-06-05, 2:35pm
Born Facing Left

Pretty cool, I wonder if they'll run with Opera?? I'll try, anyhow.

Old 2009-06-05, 2:36pm
Storm Queen

I'll have to check that out. What I do now is relist a sold item that's similar and then just change the pictures, title, size if needed and maybe a tag or two.

Old 2009-06-05, 2:37pm

I LOVE Etsy hacks! They're made for Firefox using Grease Monkey Sherry, so maybe there's a Grease Monkey app for Opera?

A fuser trying to figure out this hot glass thing!

Currently using HH w/ MAPP gas - Cricket w/ concentrator is on the way!
Old 2009-06-05, 2:39pm
Storm Queen

Holy crap there's a lot of stuff! I love this idea!

sold orders plus

Search your sold items and easily see repeat buyers.

Old 2009-06-05, 3:47pm

Woops, as always, i only gave half the story, Elizabeth thanks for filling in the other half! Yes, sorry, these hacks have to be used with Firefox, and you have to install the greasemonkey program first. Mind you, I am sure you all figured that one out! And crap, this is well worth the extra 2 mins of downloading firefox!!!

Val!!!! Hello!!!! ... yep purple and sparkles!!! Dont tell the husband the sparkles where extra though!

Old 2009-06-05, 4:29pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

I hadn't seen that one, thanks for pointing it out!

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2009-06-05, 10:22pm
traumaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I'll have to check that out. What I do now is relist a sold item that's similar and then just change the pictures, title, size if needed and maybe a tag or two.
geez....why didn't I think of that. I feel so stupid!!!

Old 2009-06-05, 11:07pm
Creatrixie

Etsy help? That looks interesting, Joanne...I'll have to check it out! Thanks

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2009-06-06, 10:13pm
Lampworkaholic!

Do they make one to use on Ebay? Auctiva is going to start charging not only a monthly fee but a percent of your transaction - bleh. So I am using the Ebay seller template and uploading photos is excrutiatingly slow, one-by-one.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2009-06-07, 12:26pm

I have tried to install this, but I am lost now. When I click install, all that comes up is code, I don't know what to do with it. Any help would be appricated. I will keep trying and maybe I will stumble on something,
I am sooooo lost,
Sandra

face="Comic Sans MS">http://www.adornedintreasure.etsy.com
Old 2009-06-07, 12:39pm

Okay figured out I had downloaded it in Windows I thought I had Firefox up. Got that figured out now need to figure out what I need to do.
thanks,
Sandra

face="Comic Sans MS">http://www.adornedintreasure.etsy.com

Last edited by s38hyler; 2009-06-07 at 1:05pm.
Old 2009-06-07, 1:27pm

Sandra, sorry I didn't see your post sooner to help you out. Once you have Firefox up just to to the link and download any or all hacks that you think will help you. Then you need to close Firefox and re-open it for the new installs to take place. They will have executed themselves, and will just be there the next time you start Etsy.

Post again if you need any more help and I will try to be a bit quicker with my response!

Old 2009-06-09, 6:01am

That is a great site, Another great tip I have seen to make listings ahead of time so you can use them later is to: work on a listing and get to the last step but not hit finish, copy the url in the address bar, send it to yourself in an email. When you are ready to list it copy that url back into your address bar and hit enter, the unfinished listing will show up all information intact, hit finish and it is listed.

Black River Beads

Most Beads Are Here:

Old 2009-06-09, 10:13am

Perfect timing. It is exactly what I wanted....prayers are answered! Thanks so very much for posting this link!

Old 2009-06-09, 10:18am

I am on a Mac using Firefox. So far it isn't working for me. I am going to email the developer. Anyone have the extensions working on their Mac?

Old 2009-06-09, 10:55am

Wow! I am so impressed. Etsy is now easy. "Copy this Item" is a godsend! Thank you Ian!

By the way they were working perfectly on my Mac. I was just looking in the wrong place to find them!

Old 2009-06-09, 12:40pm
traumaqueen

listing my stuff is a dream now, just easypeasy! I am thrilled with these scripts

Old 2009-06-09, 7:27pm
Skeptical Optimist

Yeah I've used some of the etsyhacks, and would like to donate as soon as I can afford to, Ian is awesome! There's a great bulk downloader tool that you can use to harvest all your info into a csv file that you can edit then feed to Google Base. Thanks for sharing this too

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.