Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-08-11, 12:00pm

Default Cotton Candy Boro sticks.

I just ordered some Boro sticks Cotton Candy. Do you think it is close to NS bublegum? My wife really likes the NS Bubble gum pink and wants some figurines made with it. trying to decide if I should still order some the NS or can I get away with using the Boro Sticks.
Old 2009-08-12, 5:44am
ManBearPig

I think the Cotton Candy is more "pink". Bubblegum is sort of a faded pink to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-08-12, 9:27am

TY Chad, I hope she likes the borostick (cotton Candy)pink then. Heck! I hope i like it. have really only used whilte Boro sticks up till now so a new experiance.
Old 2009-08-12, 10:00am
Borovangelist

I've never played with the cotton candy ones, but I use the blush quite a bit. One of the nice things about the borosticks is you can mix them well. I remix mine anyway to get bubbles out and pull into a round rod. But in the process you can add clear to thin a little, add a white to lighten, etc. You might get in touch with Glow Joe and ask for differences between cotton candy and blush, he talks to the folks at Origin probably as much as he talks to his wife.

|
|
Old 2009-08-12, 11:04am
Borovangelist

Gregory, if you're on his facebook list, Joe just posted a picture showing Cotton Candy next to Bubblegum. I found it interesting he had some of the NS color laying around

|
|
Old 2009-08-12, 11:12am
Borovangelist

This is the picture Joe put up, reposted with permission:
Name:  bubblegum_cottoncandy.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  19.3 KB

|
|
Old 2009-08-12, 11:39am

Cool, I will check it out. I ordered my boro sticks from him.
Old 2009-08-13, 1:01pm
Lampworker

TAG pink rocks
Old 2009-08-14, 2:42pm
Skeptical Optimist

The new Momka's Whisper Pink is cool for sculpture so far, just doesn't play well with others yet. I didn't have any luck encasing it with Elvis red on a heart (it cracked), but a fellow glassblower I know had good luck with it on a tube pull.
Anyone else have extensive Cotton Candy experience? I have two sticks I am hoarding till I know I won't waste them getting the hang of them.

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2009-08-14, 3:02pm

They are both pretty pinks.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !