Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-07-05, 3:53pm
Cats & Glass!

Default Momka's Color(s) of the Month - July - Cloud and Whisper Pink

Hi!

If you ordered Violet Medley last month or inquired about it, I've sent you a PM.

For July, we have two beautiful new colors - Whisper Pink and Cloud available to us ahead of anyone else! Well, I believe Cloud is on its way to a distributor, but Momka and I wanted to give you a chance to try this really versatile color.

Whisper Pink - Normally $70/lb. COTM price - $56/lb

Whisper Pink is a beautiful, slightly transparent, but mostly opaque soft pink. There is nothing hard about this color - it works like butter, doesn't boil, doesn't liver out and is really fun to work with. I am including a picture here of some beads I made with it on a Mini CC with a Regalia concentrator/generator. This isn't quite a crayon color because it will go transparent. I worked with a neutral flame. It seemed to go back to opaque more readily when it was encased. Work hot and let cool. Gently flash to strike back to opaque.

and Cloud - Normally $55/lb. COTM price - $44/lb

Cloud is a silver glass and can be worked to show almost white to a beautiful butterscotch color. As you can see by the rods, it's slightly transparent and it can be worked to stay that rich, dark color or to go cloudy, wispy off-white.

Working instructions (courtesy of Denise Koyama) - Cloud is similar to Yellow Pearl and, like its sister, is smooth and easy to use. The colors it yields range from a translucent amber to an opaque cream with a hint of green undertones. The longer it is worked, the more opaque it becomes. Wonderful for all applications. In larger pieces, this color can reveal its beautiful cloud-like swirls or striations.

(Thanks to Denise Koyama for letting me use her images of the marble and beads.)

This time, I've added the colors to my website - which I'm hoping will make ordering easier since you can pay with credit card or Paypal right through the cart.

This is the link to the new colors

I do want to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout last time and I ended up ordering from Momka multiple times, causing her extra work in shipping. This time, I will take orders up to the 15th so that we can gauge interest and I can give her one larger order. It's still possible to order after that but I just thought I'd let you know the new procedure. Orders made before the 15th will ship out on July 16th or 17th.

Let me know if you have any questions! I think we know what the new color for August will be and it's gorgeous!

Janelle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ebay -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-07-06, 9:33am

is the pink air bubbly like bubblegum or smooth?
thanks
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2009-07-06, 5:56pm
Cats & Glass!

Ro, I'm sorry I didn't see this. Yes, it is a teeny bit seedy but not bad at all. I did a solid little torso/figurine and there are no bubble to be seen at all.

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-07-07, 7:34am

cool i will get some to try, thanks for posting
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2009-07-12, 12:05pm

OOOOOOH~I wanna see a Pipyr BEASTIE in WHISPER PINK!!!! (wouldn't that be just DREAMY???)
(I'm not even gonna mention how cool it would be with dichro wings........now Pipyr's gonna hunt me down & smack me...roflmao....)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-07-12, 5:43pm
Bead Obsessed

Hi Janelle,

I got your message. I tried to leave you a PM but your mailbox is full. It's not a problem... So sorry to bother you. I should have read the e-mail better.

Old 2009-07-12, 5:53pm
Cats & Glass!

No worries Sheryl!

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-07-14, 9:57pm
Skeptical Optimist

So both of these colors will be regular colors soon? YAY!!! I've soo been waiting for a color like the cloud one, and don't get me started on finding a good boro pink...

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.