LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-07-30, 12:02pm

Default Silver Fuming Question...

I am fuming. No, not mad just playing with some silver. I fumed some Ruby Gold yesterday, and it turned a plain ol amber color. Does anyone have any suggestions for good 104 colors to fume other than ivory?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-07-30, 5:50pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

I haven't tried it yet but I keep meaning too - I want to try fuming copper green or sky blue and see what happens. Has anyone ever fumed EDP?

Old 2010-07-30, 7:54pm
Karen James

Cobalt blue is really pretty. Don't over fume it or it will get a milky white film. A medium fuming will give it a really nice shimmer. Amber is nice too. Emerald green will also pick up great shine and is fairly easy to fume.

Karen

Cricket, Mini CC, Devilbiss MC84 Oxy and NG
Old 2010-07-30, 8:01pm
Broken

Streaky sapphire, silver fumed!

Carnellian gold fumed!

*edit* you have kick ass ventilation right? Or I'll come kick ass!

Old 2010-07-30, 9:04pm
PyronamixK

Anise white is pretty fumed with silver. Jim Smircich explains how he uses it here: http://www.smircich.com/html/anise_white.html
Old 2010-07-30, 10:25pm

try a light orange, I've done it in 90, and read that it works in 104
Old 2010-07-30, 10:35pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
Streaky sapphire, silver fumed!

Carnellian gold fumed!

*edit* you have kick ass ventilation right? Or I'll come kick ass!
I sure do. I have a little open window right? No, I have awesome venilation or this would be out of the question. Now, no ass kickin', I'm too tired to defend myself.

Last edited by glassactcc; 2010-07-30 at 10:39pm.
Old 2010-07-30, 10:40pm

Thanks for the ideas. I'm going to try and see what happens.

Old 2010-07-30, 11:07pm
I speak Murrini!

I've also seen some lovely pale or medium pink transparent fumed. It's beautiful and fairy-like!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-07-31, 4:45am
Unmedicated since '62

i fumed clear with gold, its the prettiest rose pink with a sort of rainbow shimmer

oh yeah, you were asking about silver - ignore me
Attached Images

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2010-07-31 at 4:48am.
Old 2010-08-01, 6:49am

Coral and Hades both look lovely when fumed with silver. You can get Hades to turn iridescent blue with silver fuming.
This is a base of CIM Hades with ivory caps and ivory and coral decoration fumed with silver

Old 2010-08-01, 7:25am

The pink it beautiful but I don't have any gold. I do have Hades though. I have never used it. That would make a perfect color for what I am doing. I'll try that, thank you

Old 2010-08-01, 7:26am

I did fume ruby gold, and it turned a really boring amber color. Maybe it's the silver instead of the gold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
I've also seen some lovely pale or medium pink transparent fumed. It's beautiful and fairy-like!