Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2011-03-03, 7:12pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

Default Barracuda

I'm thinking about selling my Barracuda. I have 2 Pirahana's & don't really use the outer part of my Barracuda. I originally bought it to do boro, but never got into boro much. I don't need this much heat.

What would be a reasonable price to ask for a Barracuda?

Vivian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-03-04, 10:49am
Boro Brat

I sent you a PM, but in case anyone else is curious too, I've been keeping my eye out for a cuda and in my searches have seen them sell for $500 shipped, almost every time. I'm just waiting to be at the right place, at the right time

Old 2011-03-04, 1:52pm

Well, I've found out that the Cuda's inner flame is not the same as the Pirahna. I unhooked the Cuda & hooked up the Pirahna & there's a difference. The Pirahna has a much more narrow flame & it doesn't get as hot. The Cuda's inner flame is wider & hotter. I've always heard they're the same, but it's not true. They look the same, but aren't.

Vivian

-

Old 2011-03-04, 2:09pm

interesting - makes sense now - I bought my cuda new about 2 years ago for 750.00 which at the time was a great deal. I love it!!!

Lately I have been doing nothing but boro and I very rarely ever use the outer flame. I generally get enough heat to do small sculptural work just from the inner flame.
Old 2011-03-04, 2:50pm

I was always told the Cuda's inner flame was a Pirahna. I have both & trust me it's not the same. I was actually going back to the Pirahna until I saw first hand the difference.

Vivian

-

Old 2011-03-04, 3:07pm
I'm a lilac!

I love my Barracuda! Never used a Piranha but I use the heck out of my 'cuda and don't know what I would do without it.

Old 2011-03-04, 10:08pm

I'm hooking my Barracuda back up on Monday. I can't go back to the Piranha. I guess I'll sell it.

Vivian

-

Old 2011-03-06, 10:30am
Curmudgeon Engineering

The 'cuda' is a nice torch especially with a foot pedal and 4 stud manifold.
Old 2011-03-06, 8:55pm

Aloha Ms. Vivian!

I'm in the market for one in case you change your mind.

Mahalo!

~ Alpha