Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-05-21, 7:05am
In spite of it all!

Still working on the final dates... BUT... they are going to be close to the original June dates that had been posted for 09's camp. Maybe a poll would be good to see if there is preferred dates? Anyone else interested in dates or different dates?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-05-21, 9:52am
Evil Glass Enabler

Thumbs up

June is usually good for us. Angelique

Quote:
Originally Posted by KetchikanSculptor View Post
Still working on the final dates... BUT... they are going to be close to the original June dates that had been posted for 09's camp. Maybe a poll would be good to see if there is preferred dates? Anyone else interested in dates or different dates?

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2009-06-04, 12:03pm
Curmudgeon Engineering

Ruth,
After you told me about the CRAM IT 2010 I naturally read it as 2009 and found the LE thread. Which I then read through. I was so disappointed to fine it cancelled. The biggest reason being that for the last several years I attended AGI in Penn., a week long glass experience. I could not afford to go this year so CRAMIT was great... close enough to drive to with my camper or trailer, inexpensive, educational, and fun. Bet your booty I'll be there 2010.
Some thoughts;
With the new building(s) maybe enough torch stations could be set up so almost everyone who brought their torch & tools could set up.
All who attend are both student and teacher... continuous demos.
I don't do many beads and work mostly in boro nowdays but maybe I'd be welcome??
Establish a instructor/demo list far in advance of signup starting.
PJH
Old 2009-06-04, 2:05pm
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

Hi Ruth! I responded to your note. Hope all is well!

Mona

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2009-06-04, 5:34pm
In spite of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng076 View Post
Ruth,
After you told me about the CRAM IT 2010 I naturally read it as 2009 and found the LE thread. Which I then read through. I was so disappointed to fine it cancelled. The biggest reason being that for the last several years I attended AGI in Penn., a week long glass experience. I could not afford to go this year so CRAMIT was great... close enough to drive to with my camper or trailer, inexpensive, educational, and fun. Bet your booty I'll be there 2010.
Some thoughts;
With the new building(s) maybe enough torch stations could be set up so almost everyone who brought their torch & tools could set up.
I don't do many beads and work mostly in boro nowdays but maybe I'd be welcome??
PJH
So far it is still in forward motion. I like some of your ideas and look forward to talking with you about some of them. Shoot me an email and we will chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarae View Post
Hi Ruth! I responded to your note. Hope all is well!

Mona
Thank you Mona! Yes, everything is going in a good direction!

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Last edited by Ruth Nichols; 2009-06-04 at 6:36pm.
Old 2009-08-15, 9:22pm
In spite of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng076 View Post
Ruth,
Some thoughts;
PJH
We have 4 teachers that have committed for sure and several others that will be talking with me about details when this years events are done. I know they will need time to breath and regroup for next year. This type of thing is NOT in any way to compete with other events and is leaning heavily into learning and camping all rolled into one. I will even have a few vintage trailers to let the teachers bunk up and use gratis in exchange for all the help and time they will be supplying. This event will be at the beginning of the year. The scheduled date is June 25-26-27 2010. There will be lots of vending, and personal (individual) sales and trades. No charge this year for any of the vendors, individuals or bead and supply sales.

Old 2009-09-15, 11:01am

Putting my foot in here to see whats going on!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2009-09-15, 11:07am
Critter Mom

I was just gonna ask for the 2010 dates because in a couple weeks I have to make vacation reservations for next summer and didn't want it to conflict with Camp. Glad to hear that things are still in the works. I'm gonna mark my calendar for the last week of June.

Old 2009-09-15, 11:45am
In spite of it all!

Camp Run A Muck will be June 25-26-27 2010. (Yup, MUCK... a play on words) lol

It is really shaping up to be a great time with people that are asking about the event all the way from New York! Got my top spinning when we got that email. Some folks are planing to fly in. I may go talk with the local trailer place and see about renting a few trailers.... not sure how that will work with this economy mind set. They can't give away new trailers and people want the vintage ones all over the place. I got on 5 different sites for our specific trailers.... man there is a lot to learn! lol

Guess I need to go back to my CRAM IT thread and see what I last posted for details. I am getting calls from vendors again... fun ones too! lol

Old 2009-09-15, 1:15pm
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

That sounds so cool!

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2009-09-15, 1:36pm
In spite of it all!

Hi Mona!

It should be a blast and with all the great stuff getting planned it should be an entire weekend of fun and more fun.

Old 2009-09-26, 7:02pm
In spite of it all!

The list of attendees is growing. We are talking to a few vendors and so far Mike Frantz has agreed to come and be part of the fun. we have several new teachers to add on teh list with Mark McCourt being one. We can't tell you to much yet because we do want some of it to be a surprise. Many of you know (and love we are sure) the many additional teachers we are adding to the list. A list you will just have to wait for to see all the details on.

Trailers are being looked at every day and we now have 7 for teachers and demo artists to be able to stay in.

OK.... stay with us cause this is going to get interesting very VERY soon!

Hugs!

Old 2009-09-29, 6:41am

I'm going to be coming. Thought you might like to know about that. OK! Now off to get some stuff done.
Do you have a tshirt idea already?
Didn't go through every response yet.

Rose Leslie
Old 2009-09-29, 6:54am
In spite of it all!

Oh yes, we have a design done up for a T-shirt. Keep looking through the posts..... you'll see it and who designed it too!

Old 2009-10-11, 9:03pm

Hello Missy Ruth! It has been way way too long since I have chattered at you and am most seriously considering begging you to save two spaces. Will merit beads be given for different catagories? I want to be a bead scout for 2010...

Bead All That You Can Bead,
Sheryll Who Has Been Away So Long I Can't Even Remember My Password

Old 2009-10-11, 10:41pm
In spite of it all!

Awwweee... This is such a wonderful post! I miss talking with you guys and hope you are both well and happy. I will be trying to give you guys a call here soon.

Old 2009-10-12, 7:08am

Love the t-shirt. OH my. I will have to buy two of them. Yup one for me to wear there and then on the way home. So that will have to be changed out some. Oh my. This is going to be some fun.

Rose Leslie
Old 2009-10-18, 11:47am
Creatrixie

Sounds like fun, Ruth...wish I lived closer or could afford to go. I hope that it works out really well for everyone!!!

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2009-10-18, 1:44pm
In spite of it all!

We are planning a lot of fun stuff as well as a lot to learn and watch. It would be great if you got to come.... but I do understand the time and distance thing. So, start saving your pennies for next year! lol Maybe check out Deb Crowley's new deal on the east coast?

Old 2009-10-18, 10:00pm
Curmudgeon Engineering

Default CRAMIT

Ruth,
Been very busy and haven't checked up on this for some time but as I told you at the Frantz Bash I want very much to attend. Where do I send the reservation fee? Still willing to come early and help setup etc. I will be in my little Casita 16 ft. Trailer. Self contained and good for about 5 days of dry camping (no hookups) Is a small generator OK to run in the daytime to charge batteries?
PJHicks
Old 2009-10-19, 11:26am
In spite of it all!

Oh yes.... that is perfect PJ! A self contained trailer, camper or tent is perfect. We moved all the teachers trailers this weekend and are laying out the grounds for the areas for teaching, camping, vendors and other activities. The greenhouse is in the works and the guy will be coming here this week.

Old 2009-10-21, 2:44pm
Critter Mom

Hi Ruth ... When do you think you'll start registration ?

Old 2009-10-21, 3:23pm
In spite of it all!

As soon as all the teachers submit their class proposals. I will post a new thread with all the information then.

You are still working with us on this Bonnie? Been thinking about you a lot lately. Lori is to fault for that!

Old 2009-10-21, 3:38pm
Critter Mom

I been sickly the past 3 weeks. We had water damage to the house in July so we had to demolish the kitchen, one bath and part of my office. We've been doing all the renovations ourselves and I think I just got over exhausted so the bug was able to take hold of me.

Yes, I'm still available to help with whatever you need me to do...kitchen work, set up, paperwork, etc. I can come up a couple of days early if you want me to. We're going to be camping in our 5th wheel somewhere nearby...haven't gotten reservations in yet, but will do that soon.

Sent Lori a PM regarding teaching.

Last edited by Puddy Tat Glass; 2009-10-21 at 4:15pm.
Old 2009-10-21, 6:16pm
In spite of it all!

Bonnie.... That would be so great! Shoot me an email so we can chat.. I have your email addy but can't find it for some reason.

Old 2009-11-06, 12:16pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Hi Ruth, I don't know how I ran into this thread but I'm glad I did! I think we finally may be able to come out and do this! We also have a camper complete with quite generator if needs be. The dates will need to be approved by my boss (who does not like it when I take vacation) and I will work on that as soon as I get DH interested!! I know he would love to come and be around all the glass, torches and women! hehehe He may even be useful to us!
Old 2009-11-06, 12:41pm
In spite of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance_1 View Post
Hi Ruth, I don't know how I ran into this thread but I'm glad I did! I think we finally may be able to come out and do this! We also have a camper complete with quite generator if needs be. The dates will need to be approved by my boss (who does not like it when I take vacation) and I will work on that as soon as I get DH interested!! I know he would love to come and be around all the glass, torches and women! hehehe He may even be useful to us!
Really????? That would be so cool!!! lol

Oh... edit to say bring Sandy with you!!!!

Old 2009-11-08, 2:29pm
Curmudgeon Engineering

Hey Ruth and gang,

I have volunteered to help Ruth with onsite communications. Basically just some volunteers to have family band walky-talky radios and know the basics of who, what, and where things are happening and take care of those emergencies that always come up. Like "HELP! my propane ran out.... do something!!" or "Where's the burn creme?!"

I wanted to say that I don't want to be the only male attending so bring your spouces, boyfriends, or whatever to keep me company so I don't get overwhelmed) And you guys out there, sign up, it's gonna be a blast.

See you there...it's gonna be a great time!
PJ

PS - Ruth, looks like I'll be in Albany in March for the exposition and can swing over to Bend to confer and help out with prep. There are also some good fly fishing places around there I want to check out.

Hey Kinberly, if I bring some fly tying materials would you like to demo some tying just for giggles?

PJ

Last edited by cheng076; 2009-11-08 at 2:33pm.
Old 2009-11-08, 4:42pm

Are you kidding I don't want my husband around my glass fun!!! Just kidding he will probibly be there to lend a hand if we can find a sitter for my grandson otherwise he will be at my moms taking care of him after he drops off the camper for me. But if you keep him out of my hair I might let him stay. My DH knows of some great fishing places up there he could take you to.

Old 2009-11-08, 5:52pm
In spite of it all!

It's great to have PJ as part of the crew!

Everything is really shaping up and I am real happy to say that we will soon have the greenhouse style chosen. This building will be well ventilated and shaded from afternoon sun. We have the ground prepped and ready to get started as soon as it arrives. Thought I had some local help but that turned out to be a bust.... so we may have to wait till next early spring to get all the building done. The plan is for 3 buildings and maybe one pavilion.... the rest of the grounds will be for camping and fun.... oh ya... and chickens! You know we will have plenty of fresh organic chicken eggs for the event!

Last edited by Ruth Nichols; 2009-11-08 at 5:58pm.