Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2009-05-30, 3:15am
Calendar Girl

Default 2010 Bead Calendar--Taking Submissions

Hi everyone--I'm starting earlier this year! This time it will be done in plenty of time for holiday gifts! And keep your fingers crossed-- I was told by Denise Peck of Step-by-Step beads that if I finished the calendar by late August, she might put a "blurb" about it in her "new products" section!

If you are not familiar with my project, and you want to see last year's calendar, click on my link to see how it came out.

Here are the guidelines:

I've decided to do it again through lulu.com. I will be making a few dollars per calendars sold for my time and effort. I'm going to make it 8.5 x11 and it will cost around $19.99 plus tax and shipping.

Again, I'm going to keep the calendar clean and simple. It will have no more than 3 photos per page, with a caption on the bottom right of the page to give everyone credit. The credits will read left to right, top to bottom. You may give me your name and LE name if you wish. There will also be a place for you to have your name listed with your website. Please do not give me photos that already have signatures on them, as this will make the calendar look very busy.

The higher the resolution of your photo and the closest to size in the calendar, the better. You can go to lulu.com to see the template. It is called "Modern Lines". 300 dpi at 8.5 x11 is ideal. To give you an example of a full page photo that the lulu software accepted, 2592 x 1944 pixels seemed to work. You can go to lulu.com to test your photo. If it is too low a resolution, they will give you a warning. I may not have time myself to test all the photos. I reserve the right to reject a photo if it is really poor quality (out of focus, etc). I am not making any judgements on quality of beads.

300 dpi at 8.5 x11 is ideal. To give you an example of a full page photo that the lulu software accepted, 2592 x 1944 pixels seemed to work. You can try it for yourself at lulu.com, do your own "test" calendar.

By sending me your photo, you are agreeing to let me use it for this calendar, and that is it. If you don't like my terms, please don't send me a photo. I'm doing this for fun and a little extra cash (which I'll probably spend back here on LE!).

The deadline will be 7am July 1 EST. If I get 35 good photos before then, I will post and take no more submissions. I do not want to do any judging on beads.

If you are interested, pm me and I will send you my email addy so you can send me your photo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-05-30, 1:00pm
Calendar Girl

BTW, please remember when submitting your photo to include PLENTY of extra background so I can crop easily to fit the template. Thanks!

Old 2009-06-02, 1:23pm

very cool, I will send photos...
Old 2009-06-03, 6:49am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjo View Post
300 dpi at 8.5 x11 is ideal. To give you an example of a full page photo that the lulu software accepted, 2592 x 1944 pixels seemed to work. You can try it for yourself at lulu.com, do your own "test" calendar.
Just FYI, 2592x1944 is not 8.5 x 11. That's about 5 x 6.5 or so. 8.5 x 11 is 2550 x 3300 at 300 dpi.

But, lulu doesn't print at 300 dpi anyways, so it should be fine. Their machines can only hold a resolution of 200 dpi.

Old 2009-06-03, 7:20am
Calendar Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Just FYI, 2592x1944 is not 8.5 x 11. That's about 5 x 6.5 or so. 8.5 x 11 is 2550 x 3300 at 300 dpi.

But, lulu doesn't print at 300 dpi anyways, so it should be fine. Their machines can only hold a resolution of 200 dpi.
Thanks for the clarification. Hey are you going to send me a photo? Puhleeeze?!!!

Old 2009-06-03, 11:49am
ManBearPig

It depends on how much I can get done before the deadline. I'm in the middle of working on my new book and video, so the only photos I've taken recently are of things being made, not finished products...

Old 2009-06-09, 10:17am
Calendar Girl

I received 12 photos so far and 3 folks have asked me to "save" a spot for them. Really nice work so far...Thanks everyone!!!

Old 2009-06-09, 10:20am
Calendar Girl

Also, FYI if you don't have time to take a photo and have something you already like on etsy, I can pull photos off of the etsy site, but will obviously only do so with permission. I found that if I pull from the enlarged version on etsy, the resolution of the image is large enough for the smaller square spots in the calendar.

Old 2009-06-18, 6:02am
Calendar Girl

Default 2 weeks left until deadline!

There are 2 weeks left and there are still some spaces left!

Old 2009-06-18, 8:33pm
ManBearPig

Save a spot for me if you still have one. I'll send you a photo on Monday.

Old 2009-06-18, 8:34pm
Calendar Girl

Cool! Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Save a spot for me if you still have one. I'll send you a photo on Monday.

Old 2009-06-18, 8:46pm
make beads not war

Marjorie, I just sent you some pics.
Old 2009-06-19, 9:26am
Calendar Girl

Hey everyone I need some hearts for February!

Old 2009-06-22, 8:00am
Calendar Girl

Default Deadline Approaching!!!

A week from this Wednesday...

Old 2009-06-22, 8:15am
make beads not war

Do you still need some hearts?
Old 2009-06-22, 8:59am
Calendar Girl

Default Hearts, Halloween and Xmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by villa design View Post
Do you still need some hearts?
Well I have one in and one that's being re-photographed. But I love what you sent me.

A few more Halloween and xmas, hannukah would be cool too!

Old 2009-06-22, 8:18pm

Do you still need some hearts? How about Halloween. Please save a spot for me somewhere, pretty please.

Old 2009-06-22, 8:34pm
Calendar Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalflipz View Post
Do you still need some hearts? How about Halloween. Please save a spot for me somewhere, pretty please.
Yes, and yes. And no one has sent anything really winter holiday-ish either.I still have some room in several other months also. In other words, it's not full, but it's not empty either. Send what you have. Send a variety.

Old 2009-06-24, 4:56am
Calendar Girl

Default One Week to go!

One week to go before the deadline. I know it's a hectic time of year, but your can do it!

The calendar is filling up, there are still some spaces left. Several folks have "promised"...

The work is beautiful, I'm really enjoying this, thank you everyone so far!

Old 2009-06-24, 7:45am

Default Beads for calendar

Hi. I'd love to submit a bead for your calendar. I'm not very advanced but would love to show you some of my work. I've also just recently completed a rosary for a very dear friend who has since passed away, asking to be buried with the rosary that I made...the beads were all the colors of her family members birthstones. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Marcy
Old 2009-06-24, 7:49am
Calendar Girl

pm'd you the guidelines.

Old 2009-06-30, 6:26pm
Calendar Girl

Deadline tomorrow AM!

Old 2009-07-04, 4:18am
Calendar Girl

All photos are in and in position. Now it's time to work on the credits. I'll keep you posted when it goes "live".
Thanks everyone!!!

Old 2009-07-04, 8:39am
Master Procrastinator

Not sure if I should say or not, but I've been to Marjorie's studio & got a sneak peek of some of the photos submitted. I also got to see 1st hand Marjorie's talented eye at showing off everyone's beautiful work in a way that will amaze you. I keep thinking of more & more people/customers that I want to give a copy to. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Old 2009-07-06, 1:29pm
Torchabilitizimator.....

Can't wait!

Old 2009-08-06, 9:56am
Calendar Girl

Default 2010 Glass Bead Calendar--It's here!!!!!

The 2010 Glass Bead Calendar is ready for purchase!!!!!!!!!!!
Click here:
www.lulu.com/content/7175130

Thank you so much to all the artists who contributed to this project.
Spread the word!!!

Old 2009-08-06, 10:06am
Torchabilitizimator.....

Cha-ching! I just bought one!!! Thank you so much for your hard work everyone's beads look fantastic!!!