Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-07-16, 5:27pm
I fart diamonds

Any news on the number of ports on the outer ring?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-07-16, 5:47pm

Good question, Shawnette!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT-Scorpion, Carlisle Lucio Burner / 2x8l 17.5psi concentrators
Old 2009-07-16, 5:52pm
PyronamixK

I'll be able to tell you more this weekend when I have the torch in hand.
Old 2009-07-16, 6:00pm

Thanks Kimberly! Can't wait..... I'm so very curious! LOL!
Martina

GTT-Scorpion, Carlisle Lucio Burner / 2x8l 17.5psi concentrators
Old 2009-07-17, 4:29am

This sounds
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Of course I hear this AFTER I order my Cricket...
Where in the lineup will the Scorpion fall? Is that known yet?
Thanks!

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2009-07-20, 1:55pm
I need more boro stuff

<fingers tapping> <waiting patiently... sort of...>

Old 2009-07-20, 2:10pm
Drea

I ordered my cricket back in April and I still don't have it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Art washes away from the soul the dust
of everyday life. Picasso
Old 2009-07-20, 2:20pm
I need more boro stuff

Quote:
I ordered my cricket back in April and I still don't have it...
Oh, I'm waiting for new info on scorpion

Old 2009-07-20, 2:46pm
Bead Obsessed

What will the cost be???

It is after the weekend so we can ask more questions, right?

Old 2009-07-20, 3:46pm

Well...I THINK I'll be getting my Cricket this week. At least my bank has an unconfirmed debit of the cost of the Cricket and I have not done anything that equals that amount.
I can only hope it will be this week MAYBE next week.

Duane

Old 2009-07-20, 5:25pm

I have to say that I love, love, love my Phantom! Chuck has a Mirage and probably would work just as well on a Phantom... Loving all the GTT torches... Thank you Willy and Wally and staff!

Old 2009-07-21, 4:47pm
Cali4nia baby

Wow That sounds Awesome ! I thought it was a big jump from the bobcat($195) to the Lynx ($435) pricing wise - so maybe it will fall somewhere inbetween This is exciting ! I gotta see a pic .....hurry it up I need a new torch pleeez
Old 2009-07-21, 6:12pm

I'm betting the price is higher than the lynx, maybe somewhere between Cheetah and Phantom. I'm also betting I'm going to have to wait awhile for a new torch since GTT is going to be making these new ones for Gathering orders and then they'll be able to get some Cheetahs out the door. Wonder which I could get quicker - Cheetah or Scorpion?

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2009-07-21, 7:04pm

My Cricket came today!! Its hooked up and I only played briefly with it. It was busy at work today and I'm exhausted plus my back is bothering me (not good combo for torching) But I am excited, honest!

Duane

Old 2009-07-21, 7:56pm
Cali4nia baby

Oh No hope not ! The cricket is the least expensive so it would make sense for it to be economical ! Especially in this economy frankly
Old 2009-07-21, 8:17pm

hey girls

i dont think that you will be happy with the cheetah !!
there is no center fire.... it has just a wide flame ( a really hot one!).... and i really miss the "needle-flame" when i want to work on fine pieces with small dots, thin lines etc. ..... so i always light two torches when i work on the cheetah.... and then switching between `em... not too funny

the phantom would be my choice !!!

i dont know the scorpion... but it sounds good... like a nice little toy for us

greets from carlee
Old 2009-07-21, 8:24pm
Cali4nia baby

It is already tuesday and Kimberly promised she would check Scorpion out on weekend !? Come ON this is TORTURE ! Show pics hurryyyyy

Last edited by FairyVerre; 2009-07-21 at 8:28pm.
Old 2009-07-21, 10:06pm

Kimberly
I placed a order for a torch by calling GTT and having my name put on the short list? I am not after a cricket, but should I also email them to confirm that I want the torch when they are ready? I was told they call me when the run was done. thanks Murf

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.
Old 2009-07-22, 4:31am

Quote:
hey girls

i dont think that you will be happy with the cheetah !!
there is no center fire.... it has just a wide flame ( a really hot one!).... and i really miss the "needle-flame" when i want to work on fine pieces with small dots, thin lines etc. ..... so i always light two torches when i work on the cheetah.... and then switching between `em... not too funny

the phantom would be my choice !!!

i dont know the scorpion... but it sounds good... like a nice little toy for us

greets from carlee
You can actually get a needle point flame, or close, by using the blue oxy knob to help dial it in. I personally LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Cheetah, but it really depends on how you work.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2009-07-22, 10:34am
Enjoying Life

I am new to lampworking. Burnt my first piece of galss on June 1st and took to it like a duck to water, what fun. I went from a HH to a WildCat loaned to me by a new friend made on Lampwork, Etc. I have spent a day on a Minor and have spent a few hours trying to get use to a Cricket. I then purchased a used Cheetah last weekend. While I am a newbie, I found the Cheetah much more versatile than the Cricket (which is similar to the Minor in flame, but hotter) and have made little tiny beads and large encased beads with it. Maybe because I learned on a WildCat so I like the bushy flame that you can get, but when you turn the “blue” knob... wow, you can get a great concentrated almost pinpoint flame. Crank it up and I think this will be a GREAT Boro torch. Bought some, but haven't liquefied any yet.
Old 2009-07-22, 11:22am
PyronamixK

*Original post removed by author*

I'm sorry, but I am no longer providing free customer service for GTT, nor am I doing any more favors for them or defending them or their reputation.

Wally will not acknowledge that I have been of any help. Oddly, he says that I should be providing customer service for free and without any compensation or thanks because I am Willy's wife. Of course, neither of the two girlfriends he has had that worked for GTT have ever worked for free. Oh, he made a rule about no GFs or wives working at GTT in order to keep me out of the company. His rules did not apply to anyone he bedded down.

Please direct your questions to:

570-835-9777

Last edited by kbinkster; 2010-05-27 at 2:56pm.
Old 2009-07-22, 11:27am
PyronamixK

I'm sorry, but I am no longer providing free customer service for GTT, nor am I doing any more favors for them or defending them or their reputation.

Wally will not acknowledge that I have been of any help. Oddly, he says that I should be providing customer service for free and without any compensation or thanks because I am Willy's wife. Of course, neither of the two girlfriends he has had that worked for GTT have ever worked for free. Oh, he made a rule about no GFs or wives working at GTT in order to keep me out of the company. His rules did not apply to anyone he bedded down.

570-835-9777

Old 2009-07-22, 11:43am
I fart diamonds

How many outside ports?

Old 2009-07-22, 12:03pm

I want the purple one, Kimberly! Or the multi-colored one, or.........actually I don't care!!

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2009-07-22, 12:39pm
PyronamixK

Like I told you in the bathroom thread the other day, I am not at liberty to say.

It will be revealed tonight at Open Torch.

Old 2009-07-22, 12:40pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Like I told you in the bathroom thread the other day, I am not at liberty to say.

It will be revealed tonight at Open Torch.

Damn! I thought you'd forget you told me that...

Since I'm not going to be at open torch tonight, can you post it after? Pretty please? Wiff sugar on top?

Old 2009-07-22, 12:49pm
PyronamixK

570-835-9777

Old 2009-07-22, 12:51pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Damn! I thought you'd forget you told me that...

Since I'm not going to be at open torch tonight, can you post it after? Pretty please? Wiff sugar on top?
Yes.
Old 2009-07-22, 1:04pm

Okay, Kimberly, then I want the blue-violet one, please, since it's your favorite!

My Blog
Old 2009-07-22, 1:39pm

Or maybe just whisper to us that are not going to the Gathering.... we won't breathe a word