Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-03-06, 6:14pm
The Venerable Bead

thanks staci, me too that's why I put it on my new mcduck pendant it's a keeper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Paula AKA The Venerable Bead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-03-07, 6:37am
The Venerable Bead

well it's the 7th so I guess these belong here. I'm going to develop this first one. wanted to try the concept and the implosion is a little large but you get the idea. I'm going to try several small implosions on the stone for a "living stone", whatcha think?
Attached Images

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-03-07, 8:19am
Does it come in Purple???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venbead View Post
well it's the 7th so I guess these belong here. I'm going to develop this first one. wanted to try the concept and the implosion is a little large but you get the idea. I'm going to try several small implosions on the stone for a "living stone", whatcha think?
I like it. I also like the boro swirl pendant. It is definitely a keeper.

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2007-03-07, 8:23am
Does it come in Purple???

Here are a couple of my experiments

this one I love the colors - I had an accident with it so the shape is not what I was going for but I still think its pretty

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2007-03-07, 12:01pm
The Venerable Bead

thanks Jodie. I'm digging that flower in the second pendant

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-03-07, 8:05pm
Madmanmarbles

A couple of last marbles from me on the last day....
Attached Images

[color="Red"] Chettah
Old 2007-03-07, 9:51pm
Mandrel Slayer

Default First Mr. Smiley Heart and my attempt at pink

Well this is my first post of pictures so lets see how it goes.

Thanks,
Bonny

Last edited by playingwithfirebeads; 2007-03-07 at 9:54pm.
Old 2007-03-08, 2:33am
Nah, not really...;)

Nice work everybody!

Are we doing a weekly or monthly S&T???

Old 2007-03-08, 4:34am
boro color bender

I have an idea... why don't we edit the title and make it a month long show and tell. I certainly won't mind seeing these for a month.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-03-08, 4:34am
Serenity Now!

Default March 08 - 14, 2007 Show & Tell!!

Fantastic stuff that got in under the wire in our last Show thread! Here's some of what I've been playing with...

Let's see what ya got!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-03-08, 4:38am
boro color bender

Nice Val... that second set it groovey!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-03-08, 4:40am
Serenity Now!

Funny! We posted at the exact same time...since "we" mere mortals cannot edit the title of threads, and this one appeared to be finished - although there IS some awesome work - I started a NEW SHOW!!

Actually, it is also out of compassion for folks like me who live in the forest with no high-speed - those picture-heavy, month-long threads get really long to load - and reload!

Old 2007-03-08, 4:41am
Serenity Now!

Wow! That's even funnier...ahhh...the power to be God, eh Brent??!
Thanks for commenting on my grooviness!

Old 2007-03-08, 4:54am
boro color bender

I was merging and renaming whiole you were posting... weird. Sorry for the merge, I was just trying to be helpful. I'm sure dial up sucks. In the future, I'll keep 'em seperate if that's what people want.

Old 2007-03-08, 5:59am
Nah, not really...;)

Thanks Brent!!!
I'll add a little to the month of March.

SweetMango, I LOVE these so much I had to show them twice, sorry.

Speckled FocalRing Plus

My pics are really really big...sorry about that, but I am too lazy to change them.

Have an awesome day everybody!

Old 2007-03-08, 6:45am
lov'in life!!!

What about a 1st and 15th of the month show and tell...bi-monthly? That way, people that are on dial up won't have to wait as long to load plus, if it gets too long, some peeps may not add to the thread, thinking most people have already seen the S&T. I dunno, just an idea

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

Old 2007-03-08, 6:47am
lov'in life!!!

Sweet beads Val!

Nicely done Carrie

These boro threads are just getting better and better. I wish more people would share their schtuff! I LOVE looking at eye candy.

Old 2007-03-08, 7:42am
Fire Goddess

I would love to see more boro work!
Cher

Old 2007-03-08, 8:37am

crox... now that's different take on boro... I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jodie: nice experiments, awesome colors
CareBear! you're killing me with those discs... holy damn!
Val... that set to the right is etheral... I love your colors!
Paula... I think your idea is original and I want to see more! MORE!!!!
Joebirder... that bottom one really strikes my fancy, nice colors!
Bonnie, ya done good! Nice heart and color!

Jo
Old 2007-03-08, 10:05am
dances with ideas...

Carrie, sweetmango is incredible! Is that the name of the set or a color of rod? Either way, WOW!

Old 2007-03-08, 11:05am

Great work so far everyone!
Cher i just love the colours you got out of those beads
Bonny what colour did you use for that heart? It's beautiful.
Here are a couple from me, The first one is just using silver fume
and clear . The second is a frit blend I bought awhile ago. I love
using frit for implosions and I find it's a great way to learn implosions
because you are not drawing every dot on but can just focus on
watching how the glass implodes(sp?).
Keep it coming guys!
Ash

Old 2007-03-08, 12:45pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by c rox View Post
I would love to see more boro work!
Cher

It looks like someone else is as much a fan of Blue Moon as I am.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-03-08, 1:35pm
mystical cat lover 56

Thumbs up

neat !
Old 2007-03-08, 1:35pm
stacijane on Etsy

Wow you guys - great stuff!

Carrie - those disks SCREAM off the page! POW!

Eric, thanks for answering my question about the color used in the awesome set made by Cher before I even asked it! (Note to self...order some Blue Moon...)

Old 2007-03-08, 4:43pm
Nah, not really...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainygrrl View Post
Carrie, sweetmango is incredible! Is that the name of the set or a color of rod? Either way, WOW!
The brighter discs are NS Egyptian White Sands encased w/ Double Amber Purple (or EWS/DAP for short) and the other ones are Tequilla Sunrise from GA.

Thank you everyone for the compliments!!! I really appreciate them!

Old 2007-03-08, 6:11pm
Serenity Now!

C Rox - Real nice - I am loving the reduction, and
Ashmo - that fume and clear is truly wicked - fantastic!

Here's some more...

I'm slated for a super-fantastic weekend - wish you all the same...

Old 2007-03-08, 6:41pm
Hummel factory reject

Lot's of luscious, lickable, fruity, implosive and sparkley boro lovelies here! Good to see some new people posting too! Off to ANOTHER show this weekend so here is one of my urchins that I photographed today. Each one of these little puffy guys has thier own personality. This one is about 2". Keep it coming! Lori

Last edited by kiko; 2008-11-07 at 1:57am.
Old 2007-03-09, 4:04am
lov'in life!!!

Ooooh Val...look at those drop dead gorgeous colors. Those are fantastic!!! I see some beautiful bracelets out of those babies

Old 2007-03-09, 4:06am
lov'in life!!!

Lori, wow, I love that urchin. You've got such a great way with detail. That is beautiful

Old 2007-03-09, 5:54am

I love the urchin. Is it hollow? Is it a bead?

Sandy