Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-04-06, 11:29am
Gay rights R human rights

I did a couple of butterflies yesterday they were ok but still need work.
However, I did play with electric aloe and amazon jewel yesterday. The turned out awesome. I will take pics later today

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-04-06, 3:26pm

Hi everyone! Long time no see! My winter has been a dreary one because I don't torch in winter except at a friends studio.
But, I'm set back up in the garage and melting like crazy as of this weekend.
Lots of beads cooling in the kiln, but thought I'd show this marble. I'm proud!

HI JODI!!! looking EXCELLENT there!

Everyone's work looks terrific, I love the eyecandy!

Old 2008-04-06, 3:59pm
Playing with Fire!

Nice show, lots of beautiful work already!
Here's my 1st. contribution for April:

Object title: Armed Beauty #3
Object information: Mixed media pendant: Flameworked
borosilicate glass, rose thorns and patinated copper electroforming.
The pendant is suspended on handwoven bamboo and silk Kumihimo
necklace, with oxided sterling clasp and findings. (Thanks to Moonlight Creations for teaching us how to do Kumihimo during our last Maine Flameworkers Glass Jam!)
Dimensions: 75 mm long (with bail) x 30 mm wide x 14 mm thick

-Ed-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Playing with Fire!
Old 2008-04-06, 4:57pm
No Problem!

Howdy gang! Been staying really busy so it's hard to pick just one thing to show...

So how about four?

Three blown beads and a hollow blown pendant.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-04-06, 5:36pm
Bliss Junkie

amazing works!!!! i'll take some pics sometime...

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2008-04-07, 5:33pm
Fire and Fluidity

Thanks for the compliments. Thats "Green Envy" from Momka wrapped on an 8 mm clear rod, and because I'm out of large clear frit, I put a semi-random pattern of dots on from a 4 mm clear rod. Where the green envy is exposed it will turn red in a reducing flame. Last weekend I did the same thing with Momka's "blue lightning" and got some cool effects. Some of this series is going up on ebay and etsy soon.

-Don-

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Last edited by fyrsmith; 2008-04-07 at 6:00pm.
Old 2008-04-07, 7:36pm

Everything is so beautiful!! thanks for posting everyone
Old 2008-04-08, 7:27am

Hi everyone,
thanks for all the compliments and encouragements. Sorry I have taken my time to reply, but at the moment I have very limited computer access. There's some great work here, with great colours, which until now I haven't been able to get with my pre-mix Jupiter ... I say "until now" because I took delivery of my brand spanking new GTT Mirage just a few days ago ... I got them to make it purple, gold and black! .... although I did consider a leopard spot pattern Mirages are sexy beasts with lots of heat and all the flames I've always wanted in my 18 years of flameworking and I've been thrashing it since I got it. I'm playing around with all those sticks you guys use to get all those beautiful colours ... before the mirage I got a kind of rusty brown from most of them
I'm not going to post any of those trials as yet, but here's some blown pendants I did with left-over leopard murrinis ...
the first one is a pussycat collar for girls who like it like that, and the other one is a pendant which will be beaded with peruvian terracotta beads ...
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2008-04-08, 7:30am

Oh man, I think this is fab! Love the colors and the patterns. Nice job!

Old 2008-04-08, 11:08am
No Problem!

Nice work Wicked! I like the look of the blasted frit on those.
Thanks Lori, I had some fun with that one, looks even more fab in person
I always feel a little bit more comfortable with more organized/symmetrical/geometric designs but seem to get a good response when I go out on a limb and get a bit more artsy and playful..thanks for the encouragement to do so more often.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-04-08, 3:40pm

GORGEOUS! Super talent in here.

Weeeeeeee, another marble!

Old 2008-04-08, 8:35pm

You all are so awesome! I'm not just saying that...you really are!

Tried to do this marble with some mili chips...needless to say, I need to ppp with the mili. I can see what I want to happen in my head, but that mili is very trying for me. Errgggg!

Old 2008-04-08, 8:52pm

Don, thanks for letting us know. I only have 2 kinds of frit (Blue Moon and Mystery Adventurine), so are always wondering if I need more frit.

Wicked, those are incredible! And I'm totally in love with that first blown bead by Beau. Between the colors and the scaling, wow! As always, everyone makes beautiful things, and it's always fun to see them!

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-04-08, 9:26pm

This is my first bubble trap implosion using a pin vise...
I'm kinda happy with the way it turned out.

Old 2008-04-09, 5:31am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

just a couple of boro pandora-style beads from me

Old 2008-04-09, 7:17am
Spoiled

Here's a pendant from me. It's about 1 3/16" long including the loop.
Attached Images

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-04-09, 4:25pm
Renee Weaver

Beautiful pendant aimee. Love the pandora beads and Leslie, lets see your butterflies.
The marbles and pendants are great.
Here are my beads for the day.

Old 2008-04-10, 10:00am
Torch junkie

Here's a dragon paperweight that I made the other day.

It's currently up on eBay if you would like to see more pictures.

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2008-04-10, 10:50am

Here is a set with purple lustre and mystery adventurine frit that I am pleased with...

Old 2008-04-10, 1:38pm
Member of the Booger7

This isn't the best picture. I just grabbed a light and shot the pic. Jo showed me how to make marbles on Friday and I did this one at a demo on Sunday. I used a dapping block since I don't have a marble mold yet. It left a funky pattern on the marble, but I got it back in the kiln last night and polished most of that off. This is a picture from before I got it polished, but I was still pretty happy with my 5th marble attempt!!!

Dianna -

Old 2008-04-10, 5:56pm

Great nails!! oh ya.. the marble is awesome, too. I love vortex's

Old 2008-04-10, 8:22pm
Flamewoman

Great work here, very inspiring. That Dragon, OMG! Too many great artist's here to comment on all.
But I do want to see those butterflies too.
Here is how I am coming along on my pendants.
I think I am making progress, I'm very happy with this one.
Of course my photography still leaves a lot to be desired.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2008-04-10, 8:47pm
Member of the Booger7

Very cool implosion.

Dianna -

Old 2008-04-11, 8:43am

Roger!!! Your dragon is spectacular! Just love him!
Renee, those beads are really great...I love the texture!
Very nice, Leslie, especially like the set!
Dianna, very nice vortex! Good job!
Mary, that pendant is beautiful!

A vortex from me as well.

Last edited by hotcoles; 2008-04-11 at 8:46am.
Old 2008-04-11, 10:00am

Wow, more gorgeous stuff! Love it all!

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-04-11, 3:34pm

Very cool work everyone. Glassroger, that paperweight is TDF!!!! yummy!

Dianna, I told you they were addicting!!! you've got the mojo baby!

Jo
Old 2008-04-11, 8:55pm
Spoiled

Here's another pendant from me.
Attached Images

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-04-11, 9:50pm

Beautiful Aimee, Heidi, Mary K and Dianna!

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-04-11, 9:54pm

OMG Dianna!! You're holding a tiny black hole!! love the effect.

Rob.
Old 2008-04-13, 7:31am

Chris Those seriously ROCK!! Do you need a shop slave??
Helen Your Chameleon is cute! Great job on the marble!
Murf The marble is very cool!
Lana Very pretty! Love the beads especially the green one!

Nat I love the ring! The bail is incredible!!
Barbara I love the peachy pink bead! I love the blue ends!
Jodie Those are incredible!! Nice work!
Scott I love the peach yellow tones in there! Awesome!
Leslie! That is a COOL pendant!
Hey Don I LOVE these! Wow! Your hearts have come a long way since that last bead swap!! lol Gorgeous!
Heidi Its very cute! You got really good color and the implosion looks good! The second one is really cool! OMG The last ones are incredible! You just started doing these?
Sleekbeads Very pretty! I love how it looks like it has color coming from the inside!
Ed I love the thorns! The color on this one is perfect! The braid is very cool too!
Beau I love all of them! The colors and designs are beautiful! The pendant is very unusual!
Chris I love animal prints! These are so unique! Love them!
Suzanne I love it!! The colors are awesome!
Aimee Its very pretty! The last one is very cool!!
Renee Those are such luscious colors
Roger He is CUTE! lol Seriously he looks like he is smiling to me! Wonderful! Love the expression!
Diana That vortex is incredible!
Mary Its pretty! So delicate!

I have been playing with bangle bracelets.
I feel a little torn between party bangles and tribal bangles so I have been working on both!

Heidi

~~
~~