Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2012-04-13, 7:28pm
Enjoying Life

Now put the 7 jet inside the 15 jet and you have a Sidewinder. Add the triple mix component and you have a Phantom. Now deliver on time and you have it made.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-04-14, 10:03am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Encase the tubes in a sleeve and run your oxy thru the sleeve before going into the tubes. The oxy flow will cool the tubes and the overall torch. Great work on the torch BTW. And I love your pipes.
PJH

ETA - Is that a Sherline in the background I see? I have one of their mills that I converted to CNC. Though you might have machinist leanings..LOL

Last edited by cheng076; 2012-04-14 at 10:06am.
Old 2012-04-14, 10:34am
DM Pipes

Oh damn, that is a great idea! I will definitely do that if i find the torch is getting too hot. thanks!

And it's actually a Taig lathe, extremely similar to the Sherline. Nice job on the CNC conversion!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-04-14, 1:01pm

Have you ever been to Katy, TX Dan? I was showing the guys down at the shop this thread and one of the mentioned a man coming through that sounded a lot like you. Just curious.

How long does it take you to make those torches? That's definitely a nifty skill to have. Good job.
Old 2012-04-14, 2:52pm
DM Pipes

Nope, never even been to TX, I'm Canadian.

And this took like... 9 hours.. give or take.

Old 2014-11-28, 9:16pm

Dan i just found this forum a few days ago and was amazed by your craftsmanship on your torch. i was wondering if you could share how you built it. i have been trying to get into glassblowing as a medium for calming my nerves by leaning something not that easy to pick up. in order to do that it would be helpful if i didnt have to spend several hundred dollars for the torch alone (+supplies). if you could help out with that i would be very appreciative of it

Last edited by glass_hazeworks; 2014-11-29 at 1:52am.