Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2015-01-04, 11:15am
Fried Cat

Default Color help

I posted this in the tips section. But I do play with boro once in a while. I'm comfortable with it for this project. So posting it here too.

People do not comprehend glass alchemy.

I have an order I would *really* like to do. She however, has thrown a monkey wrench into matters.

She wants University Southern Califormia colors. She sent the Official color code they use in official publications.

I've already made her one bead with my color match. She's not quite happy with it. That's fine. I can send her a sample set of donut beads, and she can pick out her colors. I'll clarify three times over that glass alchemy is subject to change due to the chemistry involved, temperature fluctuations and whether or not I hold my tongue to the left or right.

I'm not too worried about that. But...what's the suggestions for USC red and gold shades? Alumni and fans, I'm looking at you.

I'm going to call Frantz tomorrow. I feel like I can color match close enough with pacific coast artists help. bullseye, 96 or 104 referrals are preferable. But I might poke around boro if necessary.
Old 2015-01-06, 1:41pm

Well in boro...

I'd go with the GA crayon red(or half blood if your needing transparent and NS goldenrod.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2015-01-06, 3:44pm

Its been a while since I lived in CA and looked at USC red but I am thinking one of the Lauscha 104 reds might work if you are looking for a transparent. Thinking of Lauscha radiant red :

For the gold, you might be able to go with a transparent amber - also a 104 color from Lauscha - LT Amber BUT Having just said that - I just noticed Firelady is out of stock on Amber and I checked flamedame.com and didn't see anything like it so......the gold may be more of an issue than the red. Flamedame had a couple other Lauscha reds that may work as well.

Last edited by nevadaglass; 2015-01-06 at 4:08pm.
Old 2015-01-06, 4:59pm
I fart diamonds

COE96 - Reichenbach Coral Red (R-69) & Crown Yellow (R77) or Uroboros Cherry Red (1511) & Marigold (355)

Old 2015-01-07, 3:04pm
Fried Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by untamedrose View Post
Well in boro...

I'd go with the GA crayon red(or half blood if your needing transparent and NS goldenrod.
Thank you! I can mix and match beads so if the boro is a perfect match, I can compliment with 96 and 104.
Old 2015-01-07, 3:07pm
Fried Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadaglass View Post
Its been a while since I lived in CA and looked at USC red but I am thinking one of the Lauscha 104 reds might work if you are looking for a transparent. Thinking of Lauscha radiant red :

For the gold, you might be able to go with a transparent amber - also a 104 color from Lauscha - LT Amber BUT Having just said that - I just noticed Firelady is out of stock on Amber and I checked flamedame.com and didn't see anything like it so......the gold may be more of an issue than the red. Flamedame had a couple other Lauscha reds that may work as well.
You're right. The red has become much less of an issue. The gold is kicking my butt.

However, the plan is to make a nice set of similar colored test donuts and send that to her. So all suggestions are awesome.

The great thing, she's only said USC colors. She doesn't care what it is as long as she can wear it to her meetings. She's on staff or a board, of some such.