AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-08-02, 1:07pm

The cow is my neighbor in the wooded acres, w/o a person living there. I have seen a man in a cowboy hat w/ a notebook in a pick up, counting the cows, recording the new calves perhaps. I think some daisies would look cute w/ cows, whatcha' think? A beadset is born.

Looks great, Carol...way better than my first! How long have you been melting glass? Is that striking Yellow? I have an order for a sunflower today. Thanks, ♥ Love, Helen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Before His throne is a sea of glass like crystal.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by helensharvest; 2008-08-02 at 1:12pm. Reason: curiousity
Old 2008-08-02, 1:10pm

Try again, Amethyst. I'm listing on etsy as they are bought, or you can buy one here in the classifieds. Thanks for liking my Tulip, too. ♥ Love, Helen

Old 2008-08-02, 1:26pm

Thanks, Helen.

Yes, that is striking yellow. I was so excited I forgot to put some of my already made accent cane on the inside of the petals to make it look more realistic.

Maybe next time. Have fun on your sunflower making.

Also, the daisies is a great idea. I hope I get to see that set!

ETA: I've been torching since about Mother's Day of 2006

Last edited by Carols Glass; 2008-08-02 at 1:33pm.
Old 2008-08-02, 1:52pm

I just love your work, Helen. I ogle it and drool over it all the time. Congrats on the success of your tutorial!

Love the cow, and Carol's sunflower too. Pipyr's right,I know you'd rock boro too.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-08-02, 2:03pm

Thanks, teach!

Old 2008-08-02, 2:05pm

thank you so much teachertracey, I ogle and drool over Helen's work all the time too. Then, I make my DH turn around and look when he's sitting here behind me in his rocking chair . Today, I said, Look, dear, this is Helen's sunflower, my sunflower pales in comparison to hers!
Old 2008-08-02, 2:08pm

No fair, Carol! I've probably made 50 or 100 in paint and glass, and fabric, too. I'm moving over for you.

Old 2008-08-02, 2:17pm

Helen, you always bless me with your kindness.

Love,
Carol
Old 2008-08-02, 2:23pm

Would you like to join beadcoach at yahoo? Sweetness nurtures my flowers to grow prettier.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beadcoach/?yguid=35159102

Old 2008-08-02, 2:46pm

I would love to!
Old 2008-08-02, 2:54pm

Ok, I joined and I am pending
Old 2008-08-02, 3:04pm

Well sometimes selling 300 at 20 is more than selling 30 at 100. But it is good to experiment with what the market will bear. More power to you.
Old 2008-08-02, 3:19pm

I got my tutorial Helen, thanks so much!

I have to ditto everything that Carol has said. With all the hours I work with the presses leaves me no time to take classes, and little time on the torch. This tutorial that Helen has written works for me, it's the next best thing to taking a class. Now maybe, just maybe I can drool over my own flowers someday and not just Helen's .

Old 2008-08-02, 3:45pm

Now, if I could just get my DH to cook for me like Helen's DH cooks for her, I'd be downstairs torching right now instead of making beef stew.
Old 2008-08-02, 4:15pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadDesignsByCarol View Post
Now, if I could just get my DH to cook for me like Helen's DH cooks for her, I'd be downstairs torching right now instead of making beef stew.
Helen's dh cooks for her??? Are the directions for making that happen in the tutorial??? If so I got to have it!!!!! LOL

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2008-08-02, 4:22pm

Oh, come on, Y'all. My husband does a lot of stuff I'm not even gonna' talk about because I don't wanna' make you eat your hearts out.
What husband would shoot himself in the foot having his wife cook the food, when she could be making some bucks cooking glass in the studio to buy the food? I look forward to the day he can stay home w/ us all day.
♥ Love, Helen

Old 2008-08-02, 4:23pm

No, but I think that would make a great tutorial! "How to get your husband to cook food for you while you cook glass!"
Old 2008-08-02, 4:36pm

thank you . Helen you're a riot. can't wait to get it.
Old 2008-08-02, 4:37pm
Dangerous Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadDesignsByCarol View Post
No, but I think that would make a great tutorial! "How to get your husband to cook food for you while you cook glass!"
If it is just grilled cheese sandwiches I don't need the tut.

ETA I did my first flower. Whew. I think this could be addictive. But I do think I have a couple of questions I'll send to beadcoach. Thanks so much for providing beadcoach.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.

Last edited by playswithfire104; 2008-08-02 at 4:39pm.
Old 2008-08-02, 5:31pm

I just posted a couple of questions to beadcoach, I hope I see your questions and bead there too Nancy.
Old 2008-08-02, 9:36pm

Default striking yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by helensharvest View Post
The cow is my neighbor in the wooded acres, w/o a person living there. I have seen a man in a cowboy hat w/ a notebook in a pick up, counting the cows, recording the new calves perhaps. I think some daisies would look cute w/ cows, whatcha' think? A beadset is born.

Looks great, Carol...way better than my first! How long have you been melting glass? Is that striking Yellow? I have an order for a sunflower today. Thanks, ♥ Love, Helen
Helen, as I was making another sunflower, (you know PPP) I realized I had told you the wrong yellow and it is actually electric yellow. Sorry about that!
Old 2008-08-02, 9:40pm

I don't hardly know the difference. I think I still have the same yellow from when I first started.♥ NightNight

Old 2008-08-04, 6:33am

I just added some extra pix to our yahoo site, for you ladies who may need a little extra visual explanation, from one who looks at pictures and often skips words...hope they help you, and please post your Flowers! I can't WAIT to see them. Did my work help you? ♥ Love, Helen

Old 2008-08-04, 8:23am
ID10T Problem Solver

With the price of this tutorial vs. others, pictures of what people are doing with your tutorial are going to help sell your tutorial. You have the support group private, which I understand, however you should make the photos public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helensharvest View Post
Would you like to join beadcoach at yahoo? Sweetness nurtures my flowers to grow prettier.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beadcoach/?yguid=35159102

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2008-08-04, 8:39am

I encourage my ladies to show their glass flowers here and in s&t's and everywhere. But the pix we were talking about were additional ones for the ebook instructions, Jana. Thanks, ♥ Love, Helen

Old 2008-08-04, 8:43am
ID10T Problem Solver

Ahhhhh I get it...thank you for clarifying. I thought it was a gallery.

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2008-08-04, 9:12am
da General

Helen - thank you for the additional photos! I didn't get a chance to make another sculptural floral bead (been in Kogure's workshop all weekend learning Satake!) . . . I look forward to playing some more after the Gathering.

Carol - love your sunflower!

Helen - sweet cow!

I have to photograph my stargazer lily/hibiscus hibrid!

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-08-04, 9:18am

I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting, Hayley...just kidding. I have about 3 things going on at once here, but just want to encourage you to post your pictures, at your leisure. ♥ Love, Helen, not afraid of hurricane eddie sposed to visit our land this evening, but little dog has been under the couch all day...

Old 2008-08-04, 9:29am

Thank you so much, Hayley! I really am excited about making flowers now with this tutorial. I should post my "before" sunflower so you can see the difference, hehe. It's just like night and day .

I can't wait to see everyone else's flowers, hint, hint!

My arm is bandaged because I burnt it reaching for a stringer and that cut my last flower session short but today is hopefully a different story, I can't wait to fire up the torch!

I love the extra instructional pics and info, thank you so much and I posted in our beadcoach group also.

Oh, our 5 dogs always want to be on your lap during storms, you're lucky, lol.
Old 2008-08-04, 9:33am

Bless your heart...err, arm, Carol! May it be your last burn! Lavender essential oil is good for burns, too. ♥ Love, Helen