Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-08-04, 9:56am
Dangerous Woman

As soon as DH emptys a camera card I'll attempt to post some pictures. These flowers sure addicting!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-04, 9:47pm

Nancy, you've got that right about the flowers being addicting. I've got 3 in the kiln but I don't know if any of them are presentable, however the last one I almost threw in the water in the middle of it, is kind of cute.

I was really anxious to see your flowers, Nancy and others, where are they? I want to see!
Old 2008-08-06, 2:48pm
da General

I finally took a pix of my pathetic first flower! lol! I made the base too big (I am small beadie challenge . . . ) I am dying to torch so I can fix some of the mistakes I made (smaller base, thinner stringer for stamen, watch out for heating too much of the whitem, etc. etc)! Yet the Gathering is calling. I am actually posting this and then heading over to Oakland!!!

Thank you, Helen . . . I really enjoy doing sculptural flowers!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2008-08-06, 2:52pm

Oh, Hayley...it's wonderful! It's ever so much better than my first 100, for sure. Thanks, Sweety, and have a wonderful time! ♥ Love, Helen

Before His throne is a sea of glass like crystal.

Old 2008-08-06, 3:36pm

Hayley, that really is beautiful, I'm really looking forward to seeing your next sculptured flowers, too.

Helen, I have ordered some of the tools you use and I am believing that will help me a lot, but I just can't help making more flowers in the meantime. Some are terrible and go in the wonky pile and some I would almost wear, lol!
Old 2008-08-06, 3:41pm

I got most of my tools at HobbyLobby, I think. I can't wait to see more, and how is your arm, Carol? ♥

Old 2008-08-06, 3:51pm

I definitely need the micro mashers. All I've had to use were my jewelry pliers.

My arm is not looking good, thanks for asking. The burn itself is only the size of a golf ball but the red area is spreading fast and swelling up and it is the size of a softball. Maybe it's because things are worse on the 3rd day it seems. I've kept antibiotics on it, but probably should have that medicine people talk about that is a prescription? Anyways, every now and then it hurts so bad I have to rest it on something. Feels like the bone was burnt? Probably not but that's how I describe the pain.

I know I'll be ok, thanks for asking. Hey, it doesn't keep me from making flowers so it can't be all that bad!
Old 2008-08-06, 4:02pm

Go to an emergency room, Carol...couldn't hurt, and sure could help. Golf ball size sounds HUGE to me...half a dime and I'm crippled. Please? I'm having sympathy pains for you. No glass flowers are worth THAT much. ♥

Old 2008-08-06, 4:20pm
Dangerous Woman

The prescription is Silvadine - not sure about the spelling. It was developed druing the Vietnam war to treat napalm burns. It is good stuff!

Old 2008-08-06, 4:34pm

Thanks, Nancy, I wrote that down.

If or when I go to the drs. I will ask about it.

For now, though, I'm going to go make some pretties hopefully!

Thanks,
Carol
Old 2008-08-06, 4:35pm

Helen, you are so thoughtful. I promise I won't let it go if it keeps getting worse.

But my torch is calling me!

hehe

Thank you so much for your concern,
Carol
Old 2008-08-06, 6:04pm

Hey Carol, one thing we found out the hard way with burns, do not use peroxide on them it actually eats away the newly forming skin around the outer edges. The cream is also sometimes called silver sulfadene. Hope you get better soon!
Old 2008-08-06, 7:08pm
Dangerous Woman

My Dr. knows I play with fire. So I just called and asked for him to call it in for me and he did. It is a sulfa drug - I think that is what they call it so if you are allergic to sulfer or sulfites (?) you can't use it.

Old 2008-08-06, 8:25pm

Thanks again, Nancy, I'm allergic to quite a few things but I don't think sulfer is one of them.
Bet my doctor won't call anything in for me though without having a peek. Just a gut feeling.
It doesn't hurt to try though!
It's not getting any better.
Tomorrow I hope to wake up and all the red will be gone!
Old 2008-08-06, 8:27pm

Donna,
I just saw your post, thank you.
You know, it's funny you mentioned the peroxide. I thought about putting it on it but decided to wait. Must have been instinct.
Now I know I won't put that on.
Wish I had some ST-37 around here though. I know that stuff works. I wonder if I just have a little, lol.
Old 2008-08-06, 8:34pm
Formerly Fancypants

Carol, now you didn't tell me all this is going on with your burn. Get your fanny to the emergency room!!!! That is an order! You can give up torching for one day. You may have to to it longer if you don't get yourself taken care of (Lucy) lol
Need me to come over there and take you, hey, then I can go too and get taken care of, my problem is driving me insane.

Old 2008-08-06, 8:47pm

Thanks Diane, you have convinced me to go tomorrow if it's not better, lol!

Sure, come get me and we'll go together, sounds like a plan, hehe.
Old 2008-08-06, 8:51pm
Formerly Fancypants

My head and neck is burning sooo bad.

Old 2008-08-06, 8:54pm

You must be a LOT more allergic to red than I am!
Old 2008-08-06, 9:13pm
Formerly Fancypants

Looks like a big time sunburn, oh I hope it doesn't peel.

Old 2008-08-07, 2:14pm

So, Carol...it's tomorrow, and we're awaiting your medical report...♥

Old 2008-08-07, 2:51pm

Default My newest latest flowers

Helen,
My dear sweet wonderful DH, after I showed him my arm and told him I would have to go to the doctors if I didn't get something on my arm that worked.......got up and went to 2 stores looking for something for me. He ended up getting me some Johnson & Johnson First Aid Cream. I put it on with a bandage last night and when I got up this morning the red swollen area around the burn looked and felt so much better.
I'm on the road to recovery, yeah!
Thank you Helen for caring

Here is a couple of pics to show you I am trying!

The light pink ones were from last night. The big one came loose from the mandrel when I was using the Lynx and I'm sure it was operator failure that caused it so my dear sweet wonderful DH hooked the Betta back up and I made the little one with it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Carols Glass; 2008-08-07 at 4:55pm. Reason: to add latest flowers
Old 2008-08-07, 4:44pm

Carol, ain't husbands grand? Mine is my most encouraging fan, thinking ALL my beads masterpieces...we're so blessed!

I'm so glad your arm is better, but still keep an eye on it. I had to go to the store after a bad burn once, and went straight to the frozen food for a bag of frozen broccoli, and held it on my arm the whole shopping trip...did the trick, and then I bought it.

Now, to the flowers...no fair, Gal! Who's gonna' but my next ebooks if they see you doing double layers with the first? They look great, and I'm particularly impressed with the last White one...aren't you? Bravo! ♥ Love, Helen

Old 2008-08-07, 4:46pm
Temptress

uhh ohhh....I did mine with double layers, too
Old 2008-08-07, 5:01pm

Thank you, Helen, you're the sweetest .

My DH rarely applauds me but he does like the flowers more it seems.

I'm still waiting for my new tools. I have been using whatever is handy so far. I've used the Leonardo ruffler lately and of course the Leonardo pullers and pushers, lol. I love those things, but I know these particular flowers will be so much easier with the tools you use and I have ordered from JameyLynn at Howaco. I think she has them all!

Sorry for over-layering! I can't help myself!

Last edited by Carols Glass; 2008-08-07 at 5:03pm.
Old 2008-08-07, 5:33pm

Just kidding...layer on! You're making flowers for future queens and princesses' tiaras.
Julie, please show us yours, too? ♥

Old 2008-08-07, 5:47pm
Temptress

Ran out of time today. Will try to post a couple of pics tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-07, 6:26pm
Storm Queen

I'm not a flower girl...yet at least, but I have to admit that I'm drawn to this thread. Carol, those are freakin' FAB!

Old 2008-08-07, 7:24pm

Amy, thanks! Talk about cheering somebody up, you sure cheered me up.

Just made one that broke from the bead release again. I needed that .
Old 2008-08-07, 8:02pm
Dangerous Woman

I hope this worked. Here are my flowers. What do you think?