Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-06-13, 4:41pm

Quote:
I sent you MO out Thursday Priority Mail. You should have it by now
Warning about Priority Mail they do NOT guarantee 2-3 day delivery. I just sent several CDs priority and they took 6 days - same as first class only 3 times the cost!

-Laurie
Old 2009-06-13, 6:28pm
Renee

Quote:
Nope- Not yet....maybe Monday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"All unattended children will be given an expresso and a FREE puppy!"
Old 2009-06-14, 4:46am
picking Job's Tears

Quote:
I have seen priority mail take 2 weeks. If you pay for priority mail, do it on-line and get the free delivery confirmation. And if you send out a MO in this situation, by all means email the recipient the tracking number.

I was trying not to get into this, but it still looks out of control or thereabouts.
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln
Old 2009-06-14, 8:31pm
Formerly FishBulb

I had someone send me something from the US via Priority Mail and it took 3 1/2 weeks.... Usually this is not the case but that time they did screw up. Hopefully the MO gets to you sooner than that!

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2009-06-14, 9:07pm

If it was sent via USPS Priority, wouldn't there be a tracking number?

Old 2009-06-15, 3:14am
BeadsonCypress

only if you pay the extra (35 cents?).....

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2009-06-15, 2:41pm

Received the money order today. Thank you Jack for allowing me to close this part of my life! I hope that alot of good advice came from the thread and the other threads that were started before this one.
I hope that you continue in your venture and that with all the changes, it helps you overall.

Renee, please update me when you receive your refund as well so can cross that off my list as well.

Old 2009-06-15, 2:48pm
Formerly FishBulb

I'm glad it worked out Reenie! One less thing to worry about.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2009-06-15, 3:19pm

Quote:
Received the money order today. Thank you Jack for allowing me to close this part of my life! I hope that alot of good advice came from the thread and the other threads that were started before this one.
I hope that you continue in your venture and that with all the changes, it helps you overall.

Renee, please update me when you receive your refund as well so can cross that off my list as well.
All I can say is, sorry that it worked out this way. Thank you for the kind words and the same back at you. Good luck in all that you do. jack

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
Old 2009-06-15, 3:21pm

Quote:
If it was sent via USPS Priority, wouldn't there be a tracking number?
I did'nt get a tracking number, just a reciept. The counter lady took my money and put the envelope in a bigger envelope. I thought I was doing the right thing. jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2009-06-15, 3:38pm

The only way you can get a tracking number is if you insure it. You can print the label at home or office and get a confirmation number but no tracking number unless it's insured. Just so you know. Most checks or Money orders are just sent as regular mail so they usually don't insure it
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-06-16, 12:20am
picking Job's Tears

Some POs scan the confirmation number everywhere it goes, some don't.
Is that when it's insured? I watched a package go from one side of a NH town (or even post office) and back for a week once.

Glad this turned out OK in the end.
-
-
-

Old 2009-06-16, 5:49am
Button Queen

Quote:
some pos scan the confirmation number everywhere it goes, some don't.
Is that when it's insured? I watched a package go from one side of a nh town (or even post office) and back for a week once.

Glad this turned out ok in the end.
USPS does NOT HAVE REAL TRACKING...! Anyone who tries to use the delivery confirmation, or any other "number" they get from the USPS as tracking is kidding themselves.

USPS does NOT track its packages. They MAY scan the packages once or twice, but it they do it's just sheer luck.

I get so annoyed by people who blame the sender for "not sending packages out" when the reality is that USPS is NOT TRACKING IT.

Last edited by bclogan; 2009-06-16 at 5:51am. Reason: Hit enter too soon... <heavy sigh>
Old 2009-06-16, 6:55am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
USPS does NOT HAVE REAL TRACKING...! Anyone who tries to use the delivery confirmation, or any other "number" they get from the USPS as tracking is kidding themselves.

USPS does NOT track its packages. They MAY scan the packages once or twice, but it they do it's just sheer luck.

I get so annoyed by people who blame the sender for "not sending packages out" when the reality is that USPS is NOT TRACKING IT.
That's precisely right. USPS sucks
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-06-23, 4:44am
picking Job's Tears

While I agree with Barbara to a large extent, I will only ship USPS unless the other party pays for shipping, and I will only pay for USPS (flat rate priority mail, thank you, or first class) if I'm paying. I got a flat rate box in from Vermont today that was shipped something like last Monday. I have seen one from the same place (insured, it was a lot bigger) take 2-3 weeks and saw it being tracked across the same PO in New Hampshire back and forth for a week. Media mail to here takes 6 weeks, I'm aware of that.

I don't agree with the "USPS sucks". IMHO you get what you pay for, and being in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, USPS works quite well to even here as long as it isn't 3rd class mail. If you want things fast you have to pay extra. "Fast" is relative. And "fast to here" is a "may or may not happen". I remember a barge running aground and sinking and losing that month's supply of cars, some of them bought and paid for. That wasn't exactly the USPS. It sucked for the people who lost stuff, rather big time for some, but we;re in the middle of the ocean, so what do you expect, and do?
-
-
-

Old 2009-06-23, 5:52am

I went back to the PO yesterday. The lady told me that there was no tracking number unless I asked for one. I did'nt know to ask. Then to top that off, she said they wont do a missing item search until 30 days. I can't believe that it has'nt made it there yet. It has been over a week. I can ship a unit to Hawaii in less time.

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2009-06-23, 6:13am

I don't know if this fits in here or not, but I believe that it is somehow indirectly related.

This past weekend I had the pleasure to see, in person, Vittorio Constantini. Absolutely amazing what he does with soft glass, but thats besides the point.

Present also was a rep from a large east-coast vendor. They were selling glass and a bunch of goodies. I asked the rep why I hadn't seen any concentrators on their site for a while. I asked if they stopped supplying them permanently. The rep told me that they had temporarily stopped seeling them because too many were being shipped to them (the vendor) damaged and that it wasn't worth the hassles to try to correct mistakes from the concentrator supplier(s). This certain east coast vendor's rep told me that they were looking into a new supplier and concentrator's should be back by end of summer-early fall.

The rep of this vendor did NOT use any specific names...all he did was smile and shake his head. Therefore, I am not using names. I DON'T know who his supplier is so how could I use names.

I just thought I'd enter this here to show that damged products or poor service doesn't only hurt the consumer, but also the vendors in the long run.

Have a great day

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2009-06-23, 7:50am

Quote:
I went back to the PO yesterday. The lady told me that there was no tracking number unless I asked for one. I did'nt know to ask. Then to top that off, she said they wont do a missing item search until 30 days. I can't believe that it has'nt made it there yet. It has been over a week. I can ship a unit to Hawaii in less time.

Surely there's a way to stop payment on a money order and start over. A paypal transfer would be a lot quicker.

Last edited by beadbroad; 2009-06-23 at 8:05am.
Old 2009-06-23, 8:51pm

This is really disappointing, but not surprising.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

Old 2009-06-24, 6:48am
Lampworkaholic!

There is tracking through USPS but only if you insure. Delivery confirmation gets you nothing except a scan upon delivery. No delivery, no scan, no clue where the package went. Starting a search after 30 days is a joke. Where in the world are they going to look? I believe insured mail is scanned along it's travel path. My mom's theory was to always insure for the lowest amount because if an item is insured at all, more care is taken with it. Of course, back then you could insure an item up to $100 for 50 cents, now I think the miniumum is $1.75. I still think USPS delivers 99% or more of the time. In years of mailing stuff, I recall only one item that went permanently missing and that was headed for Canada.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2009-06-25, 4:07pm

Quote:
Nope- Not yet....maybe Monday.
Renee, if you want, I can cancel the money order and start over. The Money order was purchased thru Citizens Bank in Brooklyn IN. I dont want you to have to wait any longer. jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2009-06-25, 4:10pm
Cheerfully Profane

Amazeballs.
Old 2009-06-25, 8:21pm
giggety-giggety

you'all got that right.

and so it goes.............

My etsy:

Old 2009-06-27, 5:03am

Quote:
Surely there's a way to stop payment on a money order and start over. A paypal transfer would be a lot quicker.

This was the suggestion that I based my earlier question on. If Renee agrees to it, I could stop payment and do another. But, would'nt it suck if she recieved the money order the very nexy day? she would have to wait again.

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2009-06-27, 5:23am

Whether someone is mailing something via USPS regular first class or priority, as a BUSINESS OWNER it should come as 1) common sense; 2) good business practices to get a tracking number. This way if there is even the SLIGHTEST mess up, the company rep can have the number at their finger tips. The company rep should also be willing and able to stop what they're doing and start researching the problem immediately.

As far as mailing and how long the USPS takes, I have a friend in Hawaii. I can send a note out to them, get a response back, send another response and get something back...all in LESS time than the issues with this money order problem!!!

Think about it...It comes down to practicing simple customer service-which isn't too hard.

just my 2 cents

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2009-06-27, 8:00am

Quote:
This was the suggestion that I based my earlier question on. If Renee agrees to it, I could stop payment and do another. But, would'nt it suck if she recieved the money order the very nexy day? she would have to wait again.
Why would you do another rather than instant transfer by paypal?

I agree you shouldn't stop payment unless she agrees, but surely you have her phone number by now. Her post about "not today, maybe Monday" was TWO WEEKS ago, and mine was 4 days ago (and you were on the board when I posted). C'mon.
Old 2009-07-06, 2:15pm

So why wasn't this thing handled with Paypal in the first place? Seems like the whole clusterf**k could have been simplified. Paypal isn't perfect, but mostl they do what they say they will, and isn't that exactly what Irene was looking for?

leebeads.etsy.com, leebeads.artfire.com
Old 2009-07-06, 2:18pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
So why wasn't this thing handled with Paypal in the first place? Seems like the whole clusterf**k could have been simplified. Paypal isn't perfect, but mostl they do what they say they will, and isn't that exactly what Irene was looking for?
Probably due to the ridiculous fees.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-07-07, 2:51am
picking Job's Tears

Quote:
Probably due to the ridiculous fees.
If you can get along/away with checks, it IS a lot less expensive if larger sums of money are involved.

Also, the people who insist in tracking/delivery confirmation: if you ship to e.g. Europe you'll have to pay for express mail (or close to that. I know and deleted the details after writing them down here (NYB, even here - this was in the family, but a rather unfortunate oversight in the side of the recipient of the mail).)
-
-
-

Old 2009-07-07, 3:45am
BeadsonCypress

Tell me this has been resolved......!!!!!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator