Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-02-28, 8:44pm
Master Procrastinator

Made it just by the skin of my teeth. I sent you an e-mail just now Marcy with a photo of the 125 beads I'm donating + 3 butterfly beads. It says on page 1 to post my info to the blog, but I don't see where to do that. Help!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-03-01, 4:20am
StudioMarcy

Hi Lea, you're fine, don't worry. I'll reply to your email next.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-03-01, 8:45am
StudioMarcy

And we have the winners! Congratulations to everyone. With everyone's generosity, you all contributed 13,102 beads. Yikes!!! i'm so proud of you all- big hearts and lots of kindness...
visit the blog for the winner's names and details.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

love to you all and huge thanks,
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-03-01, 9:05am

Congratulations to everyone!

Marcy, a big hug to you for all your hard work! Thank you, thank you!

Old 2011-03-01, 9:13am
Hot Glass Neophyte

I agree - YOU are awesome Marcy!
Old 2011-03-01, 8:41pm
Sucks at being nice

Woohoo! That's alot of beads! Congratulations to all of the winners. Marcy~thanks for lighting a fire under my butt and getting me to send in those beads.

Old 2011-03-01, 8:44pm
StudioMarcy

I'm a pyro from way back. Happy to light that fire.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thanks for your generosity to such a worthy group.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-03-01, 9:28pm

Congrats to the winners!

Old 2011-03-01, 10:40pm

Quote:
Woohoo! That's alot of beads! Congratulations to all of the winners. Marcy~thanks for lighting a fire under my butt and getting me to send in those beads.
And I needed a bigger fire than you did

Old 2011-03-02, 12:27am
Corgi Cult Member

Congratulations to the winners!

Marcy, congratulations to you too for inspiring everyone!! What an amazing amount of beads for the kids!!

Old 2011-03-02, 10:33am

Wooo Hooo - That's a LOT of Beads! Congrats to the winners! Marcy - you are awesome for doing this!

LynieG
Old 2011-03-02, 11:55am
Sheila Davis Designs

Congrats to all the winners! I think we're all winners!

Old 2011-03-02, 12:02pm

Congratulations to the lucky winners!

Big hugs to Marcy for being awesome!
Old 2011-03-02, 12:22pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Thank you Marcy! It was SO much fun... Can't wait for the next special thing we jump into around here!

Old 2011-03-03, 11:50am
specializing in obnoxious

A general BOC question: How many artisan style beads does the BOC typically receive in a month?

__Go Big, or Go Home!__

Old 2011-03-03, 12:40pm
StudioMarcy

Hi Sarah, I have no idea. Perhaps Robert Simmons or Lori Greenberg who are on their Board know the answer. Robert?

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-03-03, 7:41pm

Congrats to everyone who donated.Such a wonderful way to touch the lives of so many children. You glass artist are wonderful!!!!!

Old 2011-03-03, 9:02pm

Marcy, it was extremely generous for you to do all of this & I applaud each and every person that submitted beads. I'm computer illerate, but my main reason for making beads is to give to BOC. I'm so glad you used great prized to get beadmakers to really crank out the bouty of beads!
Sending you hugs for being so generous,

ginger

P.S.
Congrats to all the winners....In my book anyone that donates to BOC is a winner!
Old 2011-03-03, 9:15pm
Angel's Mom

What Ginger said!
Old 2011-03-04, 12:20pm
Master Procrastinator

Popping in to add my thanks to those of the others. Marcy, what a wonderful thing you started. I thank you & also Kristina. I received my critter tutorial today. I've never been much into sculptural beads...prefer to leave that to the experts.
But these look so darn cute that I'm anxious for my next opportunity to get on the torch & try them out. Thank you both & all the others that so generously donated prizes & beads.

& did you all know that Kristina donates 60% of the proceeds from the sale of the workbook to BOC? That's awesome Kristina!

Old 2011-03-04, 1:51pm
StudioMarcy

Yay Kristina. I did not know that. Kristina is a sweetheart. Lea, thanks for pointing it out. And as one who is very partial to sculptural beads, I can't wait to see what you do!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-03-08, 6:36pm
Shelarious

13,102 beads!!! WOW!!!

How cool beadmakers are, just a bunch of giving, giving, giving people!

Old 2011-03-09, 4:24pm
Obsessed Blogger

I think the amount of beads from month to month varies...based on who is doing something special to get the word out.

Last year we received (and used) 41,000 handmade glass beads. This year we will need double that, as it looks like we have doubled our size in the last year and there is no end to it in sight.

Yay!

Thank you everyone!

::
Old 2011-03-09, 4:35pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Popping in to add my thanks to those of the others. Marcy, what a wonderful thing you started. I thank you & also Kristina. I received my critter tutorial today. I've never been much into sculptural beads...prefer to leave that to the experts.
But these look so darn cute that I'm anxious for my next opportunity to get on the torch & try them out. Thank you both & all the others that so generously donated prizes & beads.

& did you all know that Kristina donates 60% of the proceeds from the sale of the workbook to BOC? That's awesome Kristina!

Thank you Lea, that's so kind of you to say. It's a joy to have a small part in what BOC is doing. We all feel that joy in giving to the kids, don't we
Old 2011-03-10, 10:55am
specializing in obnoxious

So, this drive helped push us all to send in over 30% of last year's haul in one month!

That is fantastic!

__Go Big, or Go Home!__

Old 2011-03-20, 8:15am
Uh-oh means it's too late

WOW I have been away for a bit but am amazed at the generosity!!!! Let me know if I need to send a prize to anyone! I have about 50 beads to send into That Frit Girl for the BOC I used her frit samples so I figure I will go through her. Congrats to the winners!!

Old 2011-03-20, 8:43am
StudioMarcy

Hi Michelle,
I am so sorry, I messed up and didn't draw a name for your prize. But I kept everything and went back to the random number generator and Irene Giorgio (Reenie) is the winner of your wonderful murrini prize. Do you need her email addy to contact her and get her snail mail address? Thank you so much for coming back and offering. I really appreciate it. And my apologies to everyone else for missing this wonderful prize.

take care,
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy