Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2007-04-17, 2:41pm

Default JO-DEL out of business???

I've tried phoning Jo-Del Glass for over a week & keep getting the message that the phone is disconnected. Anyone know anything?
Bette
Old 2007-04-17, 3:08pm
Looking for my waistline

There have been a few discussions about the situation with Jo-Del recently. She is having problems. I would recommend you find another supplier at this time.
Old 2007-04-17, 4:10pm

I searched Jo-Del for all forums & couldn't find anything.
Old 2007-04-17, 4:15pm

Quote:
I searched Jo-Del for all forums & couldn't find anything.
On Wetcanvas:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

On LE:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Also, check the forum on The Angry Mandrel (
) under the "bad ones" section.

Candy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-04-17, 4:15pm
Princess Odd . . . lot

If there's information to be had, it would probably be at the angry mandrel. I haven't bought from her in quite a while, but if you're looking for a supplier on the east coast, you could try
. Jamey has great prices and customer service.
Old 2007-04-17, 5:34pm
mystical cat lover 56

I agree with fritobsessed- Howaco and moretti and more are great !
Old 2007-04-17, 6:10pm

Default JO-DEL out of business???

Hi -- I'm A newbie here

I happen to place an small order last week from Jo-Del and it arrived this week-end safe and sound. I placed it over the her website, so I didn't speak to anyone. So sorry to hear your order didn't get to you.

Becky
Old 2007-04-17, 6:33pm
Looking for my waistline

I'm glad to hear she's still hanging in there and trying to keep her business going, Becky. I hope she can overcome the customer service consistency issues and get back on track. There's nothing worse than having unfinished business issues hanging over your head. If she keeps trying, she'll get there!
Old 2007-04-17, 7:56pm
A Splash o' Glass

I hope she gets back there. I wasn't a frequent buyer from her, but every order I did place, including my initial starter kit years ago, she always shipped very promptly. I've always liked Jo-Del. Wishing you well Monique!

Old 2007-04-17, 8:54pm

Wow I was always afraid to say anything for fear of getting bashed.

We purchased 2x from Monique.

The first time my Mom ordered some salmon pink??? I think it was??? But when we got it it looked nothing like salmon pink and looked more like another pink (I forget and don't remember the colors...)
I do all the emailing for Mom and told her I thought she sent us the wrong color. She (knowing we were new I suppose) told us basically we were wrong and she would no way send the wrong color in a snippy (you are stupid) kind of way.
We had another local lampworker look at the rods, and she also said it was not salmon pink.

Then my mom deperately needed some mandrels... spent over $30 for them. Got the thin flimsy envelope in the mail with a slit at the top and nothing inside.
We contacted Monique to see if she would honor a replacement. We were told... "Did you purchase insurance??" if not I am sorry.
We didnt purchase insurance cause I expected mandrels to be packaged in something durable that they wouldn't poke through!
When I wrote back she never wrote me back.

If something serious has come up in her life she needs to let her customers know!
Just like when I was in the hospital recently I had my parents get on and email my co-workers etc.

Silver Mist Studios

High Quality Handcrafted Jewelry

Old 2007-04-17, 9:16pm
Looking for my waistline

Sometimes personal issues are a little too personal to want to share with the public. But your issue should have been handled better. No need for anyone to be rude to a customer when they're trying to resolve an issue like you had with the wrong color. Hopefully the person who answered your email is no longer involved in the business.
Old 2007-04-22, 11:50am
Formerly Fancypants

I just placed an order last week and received it on Sat. Wrapped very well as always. Maybe she was having an employee problem, one filled and did the shipping. I know at one time she had to replace one who took orders. As far as I know she is still doing great and she was still on Ebay the last time I looked there also. I really like ordering from her and she is always ready to answer questions, like this last time, and times before. She's great.
I hope she stays in business. I always receive my orders with in the week.
Diane
Old 2007-04-22, 1:51pm
moth to the flame

I have ordered from Monique many, many times and have never had a problem.

No dirty glass, packed well and shipped quick and everything I ordered was correct.
She even called me once when my CC order wasn't going through and we got it straightened
out while on the phone.

Sorry some have had problems but I have never have had not even one.

Hope she is still going strong

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.

Last edited by BeadMaven; 2007-04-22 at 1:52pm. Reason: spelling probelms here...;)
Old 2007-04-22, 3:10pm

I have never had a problem and have ordered many times from her...Dawn

i hope everything is ok...

Old 2007-04-22, 3:22pm
Entropy increasing....

I've never had a problem either.
Old 2007-04-23, 3:13am

I had an appointment up in the city a few days ago. Since Jo-Del's store in just off the highway I stopped by on the way home. I figured that if it was closed it was no big detour. I bought some boro to add to my meager stash, in fact melted some over the weekend. Maybe whomever said that they drove by and it was empty went to the wrong place? It's definitely not empty
I do think that her hours may be hit or miss, or by appointment....not sure on that.

Old 2007-04-23, 3:43am
used to be Moretti 4REAL!

The hours must be hit or miss, and i have missed every time! Nobody is ever there, and I haven't been able to purchase anything. What time of day did you swing by there, Kim? I work at home on Mondays now (used to be fridays, and I liked fridays a LOT better btw) and would love to pop in and get a quick glass fix!!

-A
Old 2007-04-23, 4:53am

Having a place to swing past and buy things is great. For that I hope things go well for this business.

I'm in the 'won't ever order there again' group. Too many unresolved problems. But if I was on her street and could be sure I wasn't getting a cracked tubes and the wrong colors (brown instead of an odd lot coral for example) I would look her up.
Old 2007-04-23, 4:58am

I bought from her once a few months ago, shipment was very prompt & I am pleased with the product (glasses).

Kim V: I LOVE that bead in your logo.

Old 2007-04-23, 9:41am
Ad astra per aspera

I only ordered from her once. She sent me the wrong COE clear. It took me several beads and much head-banging to figure out what was wrong, and when I pointed it out (OMG, I said it in public, how dare I) she had a hissy fit. I might have given her a second chance, but that was about the time that the streaky pink episode happened. I won't buy from someone who changes color names just to try to bilk buyers out of extra cash.

Old 2007-04-23, 11:16am
Thank God I'm Friendly

I likewise have bought several times from Monique - glass, tools, etc, and have never had a problem with the shipping, the service, or the products. There was one time that I overpaid her without realizing, and she refunded me immediately, and another that I ordered another product that went on backorder - she contacted me within a day to let me know and see if I wanted to wait or just blow it off.

I'm hoping this is just an employee issue, as it doesn't sound like the Monique that I've had the pleasure of working with. I hope all is well with her and her business!

Leslie

Old 2007-04-23, 12:41pm

Some of it has been noted as an employee problem. My e-mails had Monique's name on them. Can't say who was actually handling them.

It is odd some people have flawless transactions. Others can't get the smallest problems resolved. I don't understand it. I hope the store calms things and doesn't compound the problems for people conducting business on eBay or online.
Old 2007-04-23, 8:02pm
Covered in glitter

I won't order from her because things stink so much. I hate opening a package and having it smell like stale cigarettes.
The only problem I had was when I was sent a second pair of diddy's that I hadn't ordered. I emailed and told them about it which I sure didn't have to do. If you send me something I didn't order, hey, it's mine. I sent them back and never got any postage, or even a thank you. Never again. It's just rude customer service.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2007-04-24, 2:50am
Word to your mother

Deb, I have experienced the same thing. You would think, gee, glass isn't porous, how can it hold so much odor. Nicotine is sticky and glass is static. It's Fatal Attraction.

Yea, stinky. Not good.

Old 2007-04-27, 8:37am
I'm not Barbie.

Quote:
Deb, I have experienced the same thing. You would think, gee, glass isn't porous, how can it hold so much odor. Nicotine is sticky and glass is static. It's Fatal Attraction.

Yea, stinky. Not good.
Fatal Attraction!!! Gawd, I LOV E IT!!!!

I won't ever order frm them again. Had nothing but trouble. The glass did stink, it was terrible and it arrived in a zillion pieces. I called and basically got the "it's not our fault" attitude. They were rude and I was cursed at. I refuse to support people like that. There are too many reliable sources that are friendly and supportive. Forget Jo-Del and use someone else like the ones that were already mentioned in this thread.
Old 2007-04-28, 2:26am

I stopped by twice this week and the lights were out and the door was locked. Thursday at 2:30 and Friday at 1:30. I could see a TON of glass in there though, and lots that still needed to be unpacked and cut to the 12" rod size. How frustrating to be THAT CLOSE to glass I need and have to order online and have it delivered instead!!

-a
Old 2007-04-28, 6:07am

Quote:
I stopped by twice this week and the lights were out and the door was locked. Thursday at 2:30 and Friday at 1:30. I could see a TON of glass in there though, and lots that still needed to be unpacked and cut to the 12" rod size. How frustrating to be THAT CLOSE to glass I need and have to order online and have it delivered instead!!

-a
No hours posted on the door? Or a message about why they are closed? I would be ordering from someone else just because of that. (Not to mention about 8 other reasons I could add.)

I'm dying to get to my local supplier (Lampworkingsupplies.com) for Moretti and then try some suppliers of the other glass. I can only imagine how you felt being there looking in. I feel your frustration.
Old 2007-04-29, 1:18pm

Thumbs down

No hours posted on the door. No reply to an email I sent asking about hours. TODAY I stopped by again (it's right near my daughter's softball field). Guess what?!?!?!?! Somebody was in there with the lights on. When I knocked on the door, I saw a woman waving me away (as in, go away now!). So, I lifted up my wallet, and I'll tell ya, I'm in need of significant glass, easily $80-$100. I showed her my wallet, and she still waved to me to leave!!!

I'm done, stick a fork in me!!!

A

Oh, and the vehicle parked at the door was a shiny Infiniti sport utility vehicle.....that blows my little truck away!!!
Old 2007-04-29, 1:59pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Somebody was in there with the lights on. When I knocked on the door, I saw a woman waving me away (as in, go away now!). So, I lifted up my wallet, and I'll tell ya, I'm in need of significant glass, easily $80-$100. I showed her my wallet, and she still waved to me to leave!!!
Sounds like somebody doesn't know how to run a business (ya think?). Luckily, the good glass suppliers are super quick with shipment. Good being Frantz and his distributors...LBSupply, Moretti & More, etc...
But then I'm a bit biased. I'm one of the ones got the "streaky pink".

Old 2007-04-30, 5:23am
Button Queen

Quote:
TODAY I stopped by again (it's right near my daughter's softball field). Guess what?!?!?!?! Somebody was in there with the lights on. When I knocked on the door, I saw a woman waving me away (as in, go away now!). So, I lifted up my wallet, and I'll tell ya, I'm in need of significant glass, easily $80-$100. I showed her my wallet, and she still waved to me to leave!!!
Geez. That reminds me of a local bead shop around here. A friend of mine went over there to get some supplies. She gets there are 10:55, the door is open, so she goes in. They promptly asked her to leave because they weren't Open until 11.

Needless to say she didn't wait around. And I haven't done any shopping there either. I don't feel like driving that far away (it's "local", but not THAT local) for that kind of service.

Barbara