Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2007-04-30, 8:32am

Go to
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or call. You want great service and nice clean glass you'll get it there. Don't waste your time on losers.
Old 2007-04-30, 3:41pm

I also sent an email to Jodel with no response. I am disappointed with the possible closing of Jodel. I never had a problem - always good service, fast delivery, and I never experienced smelly glass. I like Wale Apparatus (
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) and found this one last night - Glass Craft (
. I used to get iris dark brown frit from Jodel but I found it at Glass Craft.
Old 2007-05-11, 6:12am
moth to the flame

Jodel isn't closed.

I placed an order and received it 4 days later (day before yesterday).
No substitutes and packed well - I love their striking transparent corals!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2007-05-11, 8:35am
The Venerable Bead

was there a new telephone number on your invoice Dona? can you post it or PM it to me. I'd love to talk to Monique and find out what is happening with her store.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-05-11, 9:12am
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
No hours posted on the door. No reply to an email I sent asking about hours. TODAY I stopped by again (it's right near my daughter's softball field). Guess what?!?!?!?! Somebody was in there with the lights on. When I knocked on the door, I saw a woman waving me away (as in, go away now!). So, I lifted up my wallet, and I'll tell ya, I'm in need of significant glass, easily $80-$100. I showed her my wallet, and she still waved to me to leave!!!

I'm done, stick a fork in me!!!

A
Oh my goodness... I cannot imagine waving someone away who's at my shop door and with wallet in hand to boot! I have left my home to go and open the door when someone has called and is at my store. The hours are posted there along with my cell number. I have no problem driving over to make a sale to a customer who wants to buy something on my "day off".

Old 2007-05-11, 12:57pm
Ad astra per aspera

It baffles me how anyone who does such selective customer service can manage to stay in business at all. How can you ship promptly to some folks and totally ignore others? It's just weird.

Old 2007-05-11, 2:59pm
Burn baby, burn

Default Left hanging

I bought from Jodel once before reading this and didn't have a problem, so I ordered a little more Bullseye odd rods, and they mixed the order up - she had two different batches of the same color (Pink Peony/Peoni) listed, describing how they were different, and I ordered some of each, but from the labeling they sent me all of one color.
I e-mailed a request for the other color, and have never heard back.

I suspect if you don't complain/post you get better service. I also got horrible cigarette smoke smell from the box
, so unfortunately I will no long be ordering glass from this source. Lisa
Old 2007-05-11, 4:05pm

Quote:
I bought from Jodel once before reading this and didn't have a problem, so I ordered a little more Bullseye odd rods, and they mixed the order up - she had two different batches of the same color (Pink Peony/Peoni) listed, describing how they were different, and I ordered some of each, but from the labeling they sent me all of one color.
I e-mailed a request for the other color, and have never heard back.

I suspect if you don't complain/post you get better service. I also got horrible cigarette smoke smell from the box
, so unfortunately I will no long be ordering glass from this source. Lisa
She does this with ALL of the glass. Besides making up new names for standard colors and calling other standard colors ODD LOTS when they're not, she also takes apart bundles and lists them as 2 different colors. Look at her Lauscha for example... she has almost every color listed twice but calls them by different names. Do you order 2 different pinks, or buckhorn and that other brown she has listed that looks similar, and when you get them they're the same color. These different colors don't actually exist - go look at any other lauscha vendor's website. Oh! And look at the numbers - they're almost the same but she changes them by adding one extra number to the original and calls it a different lot.

And a good example of a fake odd lot - "Moretti Lavender Rose 082A" ($32.00 lb.!!!) that she got people to believe is FAUX AMBER ROSE, is actually, in reality, VETROFOND LAVENDER BLUE 082 ($10.00lb.) which is more pink than Moretti. A BIG hint that something she has listed is NOT really an odd or even an existing color - go look at any other vendors site and you'll see she's the only one that has it. This is the reason she makes up her own names - to confuse you.

Am I being clear here? I feel like I'm not explaining this very well.

Edited: Lisa you're absolutely right about the complaining thing... I havea story that's WAY too long but she was best frined til her other pesonality kicked in one day.

Last edited by Peach Blossom Beads; 2007-05-11 at 4:11pm.
Old 2007-05-11, 4:49pm
I'm a lilac!

I can confirm that though the Pink Peoni rods vary slightly in color, there was only ONE batch and it all looks the same after it's melted!

Old 2007-05-12, 8:32am

Jo-Del is going thru some personal issues right now that require her full attention. We have all gone rough times and we hope that those around us will still support and stand behind us and not jump to the wrong conclusions. I still stand behind Jo-Del and I am confident she will be back on her feet soon both personally and professionally. I wish her well and will be patient and understanding in her return.
Old 2007-05-12, 9:04am
moth to the flame

Quote:
Jo-Del is going thru some personal issues right now that require her full attention. We have all gone rough times and we hope that those around us will still support and stand behind us and not jump to the wrong conclusions. I still stand behind Jo-Del and I am confident she will be back on her feet soon both personally and professionally. I wish her well and will be patient and understanding in her return.
Thank you for posting what I should have.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Old 2007-05-12, 9:06am

Quote:
Monique has been going through “personal issues” since at least 2003! Pah-lease! It’s either “personal issues” or “technical problems.” Monique (or her supporters) always have some excuse for her. I can’t believe anyone, in good conscious, would recommend doing business with this woman!

Old 2007-05-12, 9:13am
moth to the flame

My conscience is clear and I am sorry you had a problem.

I won't argue she has had problems, I think we all have had good times and bad in our lives.

Running a business when having personal problems isn't an easy thing and I speak from experience so I guess I see things from a different perspective.

Old 2007-05-12, 9:26am
Word to your mother

I don't get it. Is one of her "personal problems" making up names new names for glass? Is one of her "personal problems" sending out orders that smell like a nasty ashtray? Is one of her "personal problems" not being able to read her own labels and sending out Moretti clear instead of Lauscha clear?

Blatant bad business practice is NOT a personal problem....it's an ethics problem.

Old 2007-05-12, 9:39am

Quote:
I don't get it. Is one of her "personal problems" making up names new names for glass? Is one of her "personal problems" sending out orders that smell like a nasty ashtray? Is one of her "personal problems" not being able to read her own labels and sending out Moretti clear instead of Lauscha clear?

Blatant bad business practice is NOT a personal problem....it's an ethics problem.
Where's that clapping smiley?

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2007-05-12, 9:40am
moth to the flame

Quote:

If she makes up new names and you know it - don't buy from her.
I choose to so if I think that is what is being done I don't buy both colors.

IMHO, its glass. I don't sniff my rods I clean them with alcohol (all of them from all my distributors) and touch them! Pretty colors!

It burns off but if you don't like that then don't buy from her.
I have never made a bead that ended up smelling like cig smoke.

I don't know about the clear glass...maybe SHE got ripped off too, maybe the glass got mixed up accidentally.
I'm not going to automatically assume she on purpose would sell it as another.
Again, either don't buy clear or don't buy at all, its your choice.

I know from experience (the CS area) in business I/you(general) can not please everyone all the time. There are going to be circumstances that just can't be resolved in the best light so it all comes down to who I/you (general) choose to trade with.

Old 2007-05-12, 9:52am
Storm Queen

Quote:
If she makes up new names and you know it - don't buy from her.
I choose to so if I think that is what is being done I don't buy both colors.
The problem is that you don't know it until it's too late and you've spent your money and gotten ripped off from her. Let's not forget the Moretti dark pink that she renamed "streaky bubblegum pink" and let's not forget the Moretti copper green that she renamed "red copper green". She sold both of those as high price special glass instead of what they really were....plain old regular colors. Really, how can that be good business ethics? How can you continue to give someone your business that treats her customers like that, like morons really. That's not even getting into the fact when I figured out I had regular dark pink instead of streaky pink and contacted her for a refund....she flat out refused. She gets what she deserves in life....what comes around, goes around.

Old 2007-05-12, 10:05am
moth to the flame

See I just saw someone else sell the odd lot of avocado for like 60.00 - I can't remember if it was ¼lb, ½lb or 1lb but they raked in the $$$ on glass that is available right now for about 25.00 a pound so are they guilty of deceptive practices too?

I also saw red copper green sold by other vendors as "special" until it came out that it would be a regular product so did that make them deceptive as well?

She isn't the only one who names the glass different names either. I went looking at Lauscha last night and there are the same colors with different names but since I have been in glass a while I know they are the same colors.

I was a newbie too and yes, I had to learn just like everyone else and it wan't just from Jodel either. They all have marketing strategies - they are all in competition in a pretty close arena so its up to them to market their same glass and get the customers.

I just don't single her out when others are doing the same thing.

Old 2007-05-12, 10:16am
Storm Queen

Quote:

I also saw red copper green sold by other vendors as "special" until it came out that it would be a regular product so did that make them deceptive as well?
No.

I guess you didn't really read my post. She wasn't selling red copper green and calling it a "special" color. She was selling regular old copper green and selling it as red copper green for an inflated price as if it really was red copper green.

Same story with the "streaky pink".

Old 2007-05-12, 10:18am
Storm Queen

Quote:
See I just saw someone else sell the odd lot of avocado for like 60.00 - I can't remember if it was ¼lb, ½lb or 1lb but they raked in the $$$ on glass that is available right now for about 25.00 a pound so are they guilty of deceptive practices too?
No.

Now if they were selling regular avocado and calling it an odd lot then the answer would be Yes.

Old 2007-05-12, 10:23am
moth to the flame

Quote:
No.

I guess you didn't really read my post.
Didn't read it or maybe I just misunderstood?

I do understand now, that was back not long after I started making beads.
I never bought any red copper green until 6 months ago or so. I never saw that much difference in it other than encasing for the red/purple effect.

Old 2007-05-12, 10:31am
moth to the flame

Here is an excellent example of what I was referring to and I just came across it:

Now, what if I as a vendor picked out all the translucent rods and sold them specially and separately from the regular vet ivory rods/batch?

Would that be misrepresenting or misleading?

The vet ivory is all in the same shipment but there are rods that are different.

Technically the translucent rods ARE different and really worth more since they are unique/odd and not expected to be produced again.

Old 2007-05-12, 10:33am

I agree with everyone else...
We were outright lied to about salmon pink, we were cheated, lied to a scammed in some way on all three of our purchases! Then we were also treated poorly in emails... this is an ongoing issue as that was almost 2yrs ago!!
She is like split personality or something... treats some people great one day, others horrible the next.

personal issue to not include lying, deception, poor business over YEARS.
She just runs her own business and she can run it however she wants, and SHE DOES.

Silver Mist Studios

High Quality Handcrafted Jewelry

Old 2007-05-12, 10:37am

Quote:
Here is an excellent example of what I was referring to and I just came across it:

Now, what if I as a vendor picked out all the translucent rods and sold them specially and separately from the regular vet ivory rods/batch?

Would that be misrepresenting or misleading?

The vet ivory is all in the same shipment but there are rods that are different.

Technically the translucent rods ARE different and really worth more since they are unique/odd and not expected to be produced again.
Look misleading, lying and being up front... 3 different things...
*If she sold that batch as two lots but she called them something else and gave them a new name... yes... lying!
*If you sold the whole lot together but in the forefront explained they vary in translucence... that is being up front.
*If she sold them seperate and did NOT give them a new name... but didnt mention they are the same thing up front... that is misleading also.

I feel like I have to explain the definition of LIARS.

Silver Mist Studios

Old 2007-05-12, 10:50am
Burn baby, burn

Default Pink Peony/i

Quote:
I can confirm that though the Pink Peoni rods vary slightly in color, there was only ONE batch and it all looks the same after it's melted!
Thanks Kalera, that's good to know.

Amazingly
I got an e-mail response this morning from Monique -- 12 days after my original e-mail to her. It was a bit confusing, but her explanation doesn't gibe with the information on her website. I don't mind honest mistakes, but overt lying, incompotence, inattention to customer service, or whatever you want to call it make for a buying experience I do not plan to repeat. Lisa
Old 2007-05-12, 11:02am
moth to the flame

Quote:
She just runs her own business and she can run it however she wants, and SHE DOES.
I too started trading with her about 2 years ago (in August) and yes it is her business she can run it how she chooses, I agree with you.

Quote:
Look misleading, lying and being up front... 3 different things...
*If she sold that batch as two lots but she called them something else and gave them a new name... yes... lying!
*If you sold the whole lot together but in the forefront explained they vary in translucence... that is being up front.
*If she sold them seperate and did NOT give them a new name... but didnt mention they are the same thing up front... that is misleading also.

I feel like I have to explain the definition of LIARS.
No you don't I get it but then there are others out there doing the same thing.
I have seen it and knew simply because I was familiar with the new and odd lots as opposed to the regularly produced colors in the different glass makers
I don't hold it against them nor do I not trade with them.
If I find something in question I write and ask before I buy it.

Old 2007-05-12, 11:20am
Shine your bright side!

Fair to say, buyer beware.

Jo-Del has not been consistent with product or customer service.
Buyers have apparently been lied to and cheated just as often as the buyers who have had an honest and fair experience.

After all this information, it's up to each individual to decide where to shop.

I'm such a wimp....I'm sensitive to cigarette smoke and when I open a package and that smike/cig/ashtray smell wafts out it makes me sick and have an asthma attack and in need of an inhaler. I know my beads won't smell like an ashtray....no one said the smell ruins the glass. It ruins the experience of expecting to open a clean package and not be offended by a foul odor.

Website!
"When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it." - W. Clement Stone
Old 2007-05-12, 11:23am

Some people do not realize something is in "question"... and then its too late.
Just because some others do the same thing they are just as WRONG...
I like feeling confident and not "questioning" things I buy from a vendor and there are tons of vendors that ARE ethical.

There are accidents that happen to some people... maybe the vendor made a mixup... if YOU caught it and ask, they answer appropriately and take care of it... no harm no foul.

But when items are being blatantly advertised as something else, and there are obviously from this thread numerous accounts of that and other very poor business practices... that speaks volumes...
I will buy from the vendors that are ethical as I continued and don't have to question.

Silver Mist Studios

Old 2007-05-12, 11:27am
Cancer SUCKS!

How can someone run a business and have personal problems for 2+ years.

Maybe it's time for a new line of work for her. hmmm, she might make a good politician.

I would think that eventually she will run out of excuses.

Old 2007-05-12, 11:50am
moth to the flame

Quote:
Some people do not realize something is in "question"... and then its too late.
Just because some others do the same thing they are just as WRONG...
I like feeling confident and not "questioning" things I buy from a vendor and there are tons of vendors that ARE ethical.

Yes and I thought about that. I know you are talking about the ones new to the love of glass. It takes time to remember all the makers and colors.
Yes there are many out there who are great vendors and mistakes do happen too.

There are accidents that happen to some people... maybe the vendor made a mixup... if YOU caught it and ask, they answer appropriately and take care of it... no harm no foul.

True although I had a bad experience with someone here. It was like pulling eye teeth to get her to make it right to the point she made me think I was wrong and I will not do business with her ever again..all over about 4.00.
So I do understand other's anger at their experiences. I have never come on here slamming her about it though but that is my choice.

But when items are being blatantly advertised as something else, and there are obviously from this thread numerous accounts of that and other very poor business practices... that speaks volumes...
I will buy from the vendors that are ethical as I continued and don't have to question.
Thats true and we all have to make the call on who we choose to trade it.