Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-01-22, 2:59pm

Default Swizzle Sticks with Inclusions Tutorial

I have it up on my Etsy shop now..

The tubing required for this project can be purchased at www.winshipdesigns.com

this is what you want.. 8x2x1500mm Simax Tubing

They will allow you to buy single tubes of glass. You can get about eight swizzles or more out of one of their 4 ft 9 inch long tubes.

I have more than I will ever use and if your are interested, PM me. If you will allow me to cut them down to facilitate shipping, I want $1.40 per rod plus shipping.

thanks so much...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-01-22, 3:03pm
novembersfyre everywhere

This looks really cool! It makes me wish I use boro - but I can't until I use up the thousand pounds of soft glass in my basement.

Good luck with it, Kay!

Old 2009-01-22, 8:48pm

Thanks, Mery Beth.
I found something out doing this... you have to post them more than once on Etsy!! Duh. So for those that went a looking... give it a try again. Sorry for the inconvenience but thanks for the interest...

Old 2009-01-22, 10:42pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

These are really cool! I have to wait to get mine but I definitely will!

Jenny

Old 2009-01-23, 7:59am
Lover of all things color

Good Grief! I bought a ton of tubing sometime back and have had no idea what to do with it. These will be perfect.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-01-23, 8:04am

Hey Kay, can you do me a favor and see if you have a purchase from me? Something happened after I clicked the "paynow" button at PayPal and I got a message that the transaction didn't go through. I'm afraid to start over. Not sure what happened.

thanks,
Jan

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-01-23, 11:20am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I can't find the tutorial .
Post more!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-01-23, 12:03pm

Karen, it should be the first one in her shop. It kind of looks like swizzle sticks for sale and there were 28 left a bit ago unless she has had a run on them....LOL

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-01-23, 2:45pm
Knob Creek Glass

Cannot find them!
Old 2009-01-23, 5:03pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Just checked again. Nothing there.
link?

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-01-23, 8:28pm

Give it a try again, gang. Sorry, I can't keep up but boy I am not complaining.
I just put up 4 more listings there..
Going back in later to post some more. Thanks so much..

Old 2009-01-23, 9:56pm

hello,

I have a tutorial in my checkout but it won't let me pay with paypal as I am a Non US purchaser...can you fix it so I can pay you?

Thanks,
Shauna
Old 2009-01-26, 3:20pm

I think you might be able to now.. I made some changes in Paypal... Thanks for letting me know...

Old 2009-01-31, 9:29pm

I just got a great idea from a friend... honey and she is putting bees on top of the swizzles. How cool is that!! She has a friend that raises bees.

Old 2009-02-01, 2:24pm

Well here are the bees with the honey. Mind you these are my first bees. Putting the honey into the tubes isn't easy. Cleaning the inside of the tube after the honey goes in isn't easy. If you don't it will boil and burn (I have 4 of those). Hope my friend will like them. We have bought our honey from them for years! It is their honey inside.

Here are penguins with salt and coffee.

The sugar inside will melt if left in a hot liquid for an extended period of time or I assume in the dish washer....haven't tried that. The cats have tea inside that has compacted in the past month and a half. I would change many things about these now but they were the 1st.

Just a few ideas! Let's see others!

Barb
Old 2009-02-01, 4:35pm

Barbara, those are sooo cute. What a great gift idea for a friend. I like the honey idea but glad you mentioned the cleanup... hmmm.... so is that catmint tea??? Ha..

Old 2009-02-01, 5:16pm

HAHA No, not catnip but that's a thought since we have so much out in the garden.
Old 2009-02-02, 1:29pm
Dangerous Woman

What would you change Barb? And is there a reason to use coffee instead of pepper?

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2009-02-02, 10:48pm

I would take it slower,I've been doing glass for a year now and still find myself going to fast and not always paying attention to detail.

I think you can put anything in them as long as it's not highly flammable! I am sure cost would have something to do with what you put in it. I put some curry in one I made yesterday. It has a flower and bee on top of a tube of pollen. But assume that would be expensive to do too many.

Barb
Old 2009-02-26, 9:03am

I believe you could use pepper...
Be sure to leave space at the tip before closing. Use a hot sharp flame to expedite matters so the heat will not travel down to your inclusion.
Attached Images

Old 2009-03-13, 2:16pm
Authentic WI Cheesehead

This may be a stupid question....

The tubes are boro (simax). Are the decorations on top that I am seeing (bees, penguins, etc.) soft glass or are they also done in boro?

Thanks!
Old 2009-03-14, 7:59pm

Yes they are boro. Just an example of other things one could do with the Swizzle sticks.
Barb
Old 2009-03-15, 7:06am

Barb, I see why the question was asked. These do look a lot like soft glass. Way to go with the boro....