LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2013-10-28, 7:42am

Default NEW Tutorial - Mixology

Whew! I just finished my very first tutorial. I had no idea what I was getting into when I started. So many other wonderful bead makers make it look sooo easy. Trust me it's not! At least not for me.

The tutorial is called Mixiology Part One and is available in my Etsy store and on my website. The tutorial is $15 on Etsy with a coupon code to get the bonus video for $5 on my site. Due to Etsy's file size limitations I could not offer the Video there. Also, I think some may want the just the PDF while others may want just the video. They are $15 each or $20 for the bundle.

The Mixology Part One tutorial demonstrates a mixing/marbling technique I have been developing over the past several months. Part Two will be more recipes I am currently developing and will hopefully be available early 2014.

Here's the item description from Etsy:

Take your bead designs to the next level with the beautiful look of marble! You will learn how to "mix" different colors of opaque, transparent and silver glass rods together to create a unique variegated twistie cane. These canes can then be used to create the look of marble in your own bead designs.

The 13 page tutorial contains large color photos and step by step instructions for creating the mixed canes as well as two recipes for my favorite mixes: The Singapore Sling and The Hurricane. The techniques are demonstrated using a oxy/fuel torch but can easily be done using a fuel only torch, such as Hothead.

This tutorial is for ALL skill levels and uses common COE 104 glass.

The PDF download contains a discount code for a bonus instructional video that is available on my website www.WhitneyLassini.com. You will get $10 OFF the price of the video making it only $5!!!! You can also purchase the instant download PDF + Video together for $20 on my site.

In the 23 minute instructional video I will show you how I create the swirled canes (twisites) and how I create the final round bead using my CG Beadroller.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-10-28, 7:55am
Melody of Glass

Hi Whitney. Congratulations on the new tutorial! Looks interesting. Do you have any more pictures of beads made with this technique? I'd love to see a few more and see if it's something that I may be interested in trying out!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-10-28, 8:29am

Of Course!

The beads below were all made with same marbling technique that I demonstrate in the tutorial. Only the glass recipes are different. I would tell you what they are, but honestly I don't take very good notes and I have made TONS of these over the past few months. I am working on going back through these and actually writing down the recipes which I will publish in Mixology Part Two!

Old 2013-10-28, 9:24am
Melody of Glass

Thanks Whitney. Those are very cool. I especially like the first one.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-10-28, 1:00pm

Location: 6 month in Ontario and 6 month in either Michigan or Florida

I love the 3rd and 4th sets of beads myself, congratulations on your first tutorial. It looks very interesting.

Micki

Old 2013-10-28, 1:05pm
Angie09

I bought both the tutorial and video and want to make the SECOND SET PLEASE!!! So please, please, please remember what you used. They are gorgeous!!! And the tut looks terrific ... haven't had a chance to see the video.
Old 2013-10-28, 1:23pm

Angie - I am pretty sure that the second set is a marbled twistie with Thai Orchid and Effetre Violet, with some SIS in between.

Old 2013-10-28, 4:44pm
Angie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitneyLassini View Post
Angie - I am pretty sure that the second set is a marbled twistie with Thai Orchid and Effetre Violet, with some SIS in between.
Thanks Whitney .... I'll have to give them a try!
Old 2013-11-02, 8:57am
What was I thinking?

I LOVE this technique, Whitney! Thank you so much for sharing it in this beautiful new tutorial.

I especially like the way the technique lends itself to lots of fun experimentation. These beads have some Terra used in your recipe.

Would love to see what others are doing.

Old 2013-11-02, 9:10am

Gretchen those are AWESOME! I wish Terra and I got along better

Old 2013-11-04, 12:09pm

I love this tut. Can't wait for the second with all the recipes. Sets 2,3 and 4 look yummy.

My Ebay
Old 2013-11-05, 4:13am

Default Great Tutorial!

A fantastic, easy to follow Tutorial with great results. Here is the first bead I made and I'm looking forward to making more with this technique.
I didn't have Thai Orchid and used Efftre Lavender for base bead and stringer. I also didn't have DH Boreas and used DH Ossa instead. I encased the bead to keep some shimmer.
I'm not the greatest photographer and the bead looks a lot better than this!

Old 2014-02-02, 10:46am
Bead me up, Scotty.

Anxiously awaiting Part 2! How is it going, Whitney?
Old 2014-02-02, 11:22am

I am shooting for Valentines Day!!!

It seems that I just can't stop trying new combinations. Every time I think I have enough for the tutorial a new one pops into my head and I think "I need to try that!" LOL

Old 2014-02-02, 8:00pm
Torching since 2004

Hi Whitney, I just purchase this and it looks like White Rose is not available. Do you have a replacement?

Old 2014-02-02, 8:22pm
Bead me up, Scotty.

Awesome, Whitney! Experiment away--just glad it is still in the works.
Thanks!
Old 2014-02-02, 8:46pm

I have the same question about white rose.
Old 2014-02-02, 8:46pm

Yes, you can use Effetre Cool Color Strawberry Shake:
http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....&keyword=shake

Or Cherry Shake on Howacoglass.com:
http://www.howacoglass.com/effetre_cool_colors.html

Old 2014-02-03, 2:29pm

Hey everyone, I have been notified by some they are quite disappointed that the White Rose I use in the tutorial is no longer available. I have listed two alternatives above that produce very similar effects and are currently available. Also, you can use plain 'ol white or even ivory and get some very interesting results.

Part two of the tutorial will be available on Feb 14th and have 20+ pages of photos with different color combinations and how I produced them. It will be available for $5 for those that have already purchased Part One (I will email you a discount code)

This is my very first tutorial and I was really trying to do something different. My intention was to demonstrate a technique that I think is really cool and get others thinking about how they can use the technique with their own favorite colors. I see some of you have posted pictures and listed the alternates that you used THANK YOU!!

Stay tuned for Part Two on Valentines Day!

Old 2014-02-03, 2:33pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlit53 View Post
A fantastic, easy to follow Tutorial with great results. Here is the first bead I made and I'm looking forward to making more with this technique.
I didn't have Thai Orchid and used Efftre Lavender for base bead and stringer. I also didn't have DH Boreas and used DH Ossa instead. I encased the bead to keep some shimmer.
I'm not the greatest photographer and the bead looks a lot better than this!

Awesome! Thanks for posting your photos! I have just started experimenting with Ossa myself sometimes it works for me and sometimes not but I love the built-in sparkle! Effete Lavender is another fave of mine too! try mixing it with Aurea or Clio if you have those the lavender will produce some sweet shades of green.

Old 2014-02-04, 3:26pm

Default Mixology Part Two for FREE!!!

After talking to some people that have bought my tutorial and seeking counsel from some very honest and experienced tutorial writers... I have decided to offer Part Two of my Mixology Tutorial for FREE to those that have purchased Part One! I have 13 new recipes so far!

Did I mention that this was my very first tutorial?

Part Two will be available on February 14th. I will be sending out an email shortly letting people know to be on the lookout for it. If you purchased the tutorial but do not hear from me by the end of the week, first check your spam folder, then contact me so I have your email address.

Thanks to everyone who bought the tutorial. I really appreciate your support and want to give you the best product for your money!!!

Last edited by WhitneyLassini; 2014-02-04 at 3:28pm.
Old 2014-02-04, 3:30pm

Mixology Part Two will be sent to those that have purchased part one... for FREE!!!

NOT $5 as stated above.

Thanks!

Old 2014-02-04, 4:54pm

You are awesome! Thank you so very much

Old 2014-02-04, 6:58pm
ASamples33

Red face Can't wait to try it

I just purchased this tut. What a great job. I can't wait to give it a try. Thanks Whitney
Old 2014-02-06, 1:08pm

Fun tutorial.
Attached Images

Old 2014-02-06, 3:35pm

Yeah! Have been patiently waiting for this. Thank you so much.
I loved the first part of this tut.

Lovely beads Pat.

My Ebay
Old 2014-02-06, 4:36pm

Thanks Kat.
Old 2014-02-06, 9:28pm
Bead me up, Scotty.

Thanks so much for making part 2 free to those who bought part one! What a nice surprise. Love your tutorial and I hope you write more.
Cathy
Old 2014-02-07, 7:19am

I am SO EXCITED for my valentines present!!
Old 2014-02-07, 12:09pm

Whitney, are Strawberry shake or cherry shake going to be needed for the next tut?
I would like to know in advance so I can order. Thanks