Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-07-27, 4:21am

Default Pink?

Is there one that is beautiful in boro?
Thank You, Thank You if it is out there and you can tell me the way...
Sheryll

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-07-27, 4:56am

Gold fume over white makes really nice pink
Old 2010-07-27, 5:00am
Borovangelist

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/se...=5647335&pp=25

You're welcome.

The problem is your question, what kind of pink are you looking for? Hot pink? Opaque pink? Transparent? Translucent? A particular shade?

For me, I like to mix down blush with clear to get different levels of transparency and saturation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Old 2010-07-27, 7:05am
Boro Brat

If you are looking for a gorgeous pale translucent pink, try Momka's Whispering Pink...works like butter and the translucence is stunning:

Old 2010-07-27, 7:09am
The Venerable Bead

the first pink is double amber purple over white (which usually strikes more purple than pink try amber purple over white instead) the second is tag's pink cadillac
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2010-07-27, 7:23am
Pyromaniac

Ah the holy grail . . .
Besides the petal pinks, it seems that mixing your own is still the best way to create pink.
Any red or orange with Extra Light Yellow over it is another way to get pink.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2010-07-27, 11:09am
ManBearPig

Tequila Sunrise gives a nice hot pink.

Old 2010-07-27, 2:35pm
product of the universe

mix white and erbium pink together.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2010-07-27, 4:19pm

Cool Beans. I appreciate the leads. Have tried the Tequilla Sunrise but think I should buy some of Pipyr's recommendation and am going to need some extra light yellow so I can try my hand at mixing.

Not too picky if it's transparent or not - just need a pink that doesn't boil. Or turns brown...

Thank You for the help!
Sheryll

Old 2010-07-27, 4:43pm

Momka's Whispering Pink for a pretty light pink
or here's a picture of Tag Cadillac Pink for the darker Pink a nice Trautman color.
Attached Images

Old 2010-07-27, 8:26pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Booger View Post
Cool Beans. I appreciate the leads. Have tried the Tequilla Sunrise but think I should buy some of Pipyr's recommendation and am going to need some extra light yellow so I can try my hand at mixing.

Not too picky if it's transparent or not - just need a pink that doesn't boil. Or turns brown...

Thank You for the help!
Sheryll
Tequiia Sunrise is a combination of Ruby Strike and Warm Yellow (the two colors that everyone started mixing together to get pink).

Old 2010-07-28, 5:01am
Boro Bum

Boro sticks has a couple different nice pinks, I use them all the time

AcidFly

Old 2010-07-31, 8:03pm

I prefer the borosticks Uber Blush! It works like butter but can boil if over heated TOO much. Always gives a nice deep opaque pink.
Old 2010-08-01, 7:04pm

If you are looking for a transparent... chinese pink is TDF... super clear and melts like butter.