LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2006-11-14, 3:24pm

Default Crazy Woman's Studio

Finally got around to taking some photos of my tiny studio. Last night I realized that I could get more than just a small area in the photo if I took the photo from outside the house looking into the studio..... duh...

Here's the present one chock full in an 8 x 10 area.

We're working on new garage and studio space. We will have 14' x 25' when it's finally completed.

The electricians got the lights on around 6:30 last evening. Whoo Hooo! Plumbers come tomorrow to lay the pipe for gas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-11-14, 3:38pm

Lucky lady Leslie..Congrats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-11-14, 4:40pm
phrit phreak

OOOOOOOO LOVE IT!
xoxo
lori

Old 2006-11-14, 5:40pm

Leslie,
Bet you just can hardly wait! Looks wonderful.

Old 2006-11-14, 6:38pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Okay, Leslie - you know I'm coming over to play in the new digs, right? What are you going to do with the old space?

Old 2006-11-15, 11:05am

Thanks, Melissa, Lori, Johanna and Am! Well three of you are close enough to come by and play when it's done. We'll have to make a play date... Lori, you are always invited... your drive is just longer.

Plumbing for heat is going in today! Slowly, but surely. I'll keep ya updated

Old 2006-11-15, 9:38pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

A heated garage?

I can only dream of such a thing...

Last edited by *Naos*; 2006-11-15 at 9:40pm.
Old 2006-11-16, 5:18am
phrit phreak

thanks for the invite leslie! I still wear my RAOGK from you on my coat! So, I think of you often
xoxo
lori

Old 2006-11-16, 6:13am
Too Hot for my Torch

Ok Crazy that's not fair I've only got a big girl studio for two years. Pluss your twisties are way too good.
The day we understand; everything that's going on, everything we're doing, and all that has come before; will most likely be the day we die. Otherwise we'll tell the world and then what will people do with their free time?
Old 2006-11-16, 11:58am

Hey, Am ~http://www.mrheater.com/productdetails.asp?catid=42 This might be a workable solution for ya! No more freezing in the garage.

Lori ~ That's such a compliment that you are still wearing my ROAK!

Fireflykat51 ~ Thanks! I love making twisties! I've already got so many and I just keep making more. It's great practice to warm up before making beads.

Gas got inspected today

Old 2006-11-17, 9:46pm
Procrastinate Now!!

I use a heated floor mat in my garage.

http://www.allmats.com/site/439205/page/409830

If your feet are warm, the rest of the body follows. Although, here in MN, the electric blanket wrapped around me also helps. Short term. New studio in the works INSIDE the house!!

Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
Old 2006-11-18, 11:54am
MacGalver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Woman View Post
Hey, Am ~http://www.mrheater.com/productdetails.asp?catid=42 This might be a workable solution for ya! No more freezing in the garage.

Lori ~ That's such a compliment that you are still wearing my ROAK!

Fireflykat51 ~ Thanks! I love making twisties! I've already got so many and I just keep making more. It's great practice to warm up before making beads.

Gas got inspected today
I bought one of the Mr. Heater Big Buddy Heaters a couple years ago and I have been very happy with it. It is pretty economical to use and quite effective depending on how much space you're trying to heat. However, DO NOT buy one of these USED~ they had a valve recall a while back and there's no easy way to tell visually if the valve has been replaced or not. When they did the recall they replaced mine for free and I couldn't tell any difference between the two.

~ IMPORTANT NOTE~ If you consider any portable propane heater, be sure to get one rated for indoor use. The tanktop heaters shown on the main page of the Mr Heater site are not safe for use inside! This is the one I got:

http://www.mrheater.com/productdetai...atid=41&id=116

I think it is shown being used with disposable propane tanks, but they also sell an adaptor so you can hook it up to a 20 lb. BBQ-size propane tank.

Nice studio space Leslie, where are you in CO? I'm in Albuquerque.
Old 2006-11-19, 7:07pm

Leslie -the new space looks great. I am looking forward to more pictures when it is completed and you are moved in. I bet you can't wait! Congrats. Bonnie
Old 2006-11-20, 10:03am

Thanks for the input on the Mr. Heater and we will make sure not to purchase a used one. I think we will also use them in the garage area as well. This is what we are looking at using. http://www.mrheater.com/productdetai...catid=50&id=40 We're in Lakewood ~ just west of Denver. Be sure to let me know if you are ever up this way.

Hi, Bonnie ~ Today is finish the layout for pouring the cement tomorrow! It's supposed to be 70 so that should work just fine.

After the final inspection, then we can get to work and do walls etc. I'm thinking realistically ~ Springtime before move in.

Old 2007-01-19, 2:33pm

Talking Progress finally

Well the wall between the studio and garage is in as well as the door. Yesterday they started to tape the drywall. Of course the weather is not exactly cooperating and can't decide to keep the temps even close to freezing. Ran heaters all night to see if we could keep the area warm and dry out what had been mudded and taped yesterday.

Of course the heater ran out at 3:30 and in morning and DH and I were out there changing it..... brrrrr.....

Well, here's what it looked like yesterday. Finally making progress again
Attached Images

Old 2007-01-19, 3:50pm

Looks great Leslie!! I hope the weather starts cooperating for you.. and for me too...

Old 2007-01-19, 4:03pm

Hey, Melissa ! Thanks. This cold is really bugging me... guess I shouldn't complain 'cause we don't have to shovel cold ... lol...

Coming to the meeting on Tuesday? It's at Glasscraft! You must NEED some more glass, don't you???

Old 2007-01-19, 6:42pm

Me too! I am so sick of this snow I could scream! I guess we are too used to snow and then great sun to melt it..This cold is a bit much..and more snow this weekend..YUCK!

I wish I was coming to the meeting! I am my youngest son's cub scout den leader and his meetings almost always fall on the same day.. "sigh"

Pretty soon he will be a boy scout..and his dad will be taking over..YEAH!! Then I will be there...hopefully..

Old 2007-01-20, 7:04pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

I wanted to go the meeting, too, but hubby just got home from being gone for a week so I wanna spend the time with him.

Lookin' good, Leslie! I'm so coming over and playing when you're done! Well, I mean, I'll accept an invitation...heeheee ~wicked grin~

Old 2007-01-21, 5:59am

Always open invites! The more the merrier. We'll have a big party after it is completed and it's warm...... PARTY TIME..... I'm ready!

Old 2007-01-21, 9:23am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiesmom View Post
I use a heated floor mat in my garage.

http://www.allmats.com/site/439205/page/409830

If your feet are warm, the rest of the body follows. Although, here in MN, the electric blanket wrapped around me also helps. Short term. New studio in the works INSIDE the house!!
I LOVE the idea of keeping my feet warm... but is this mat able to resist the heat of a dropped marble or flying rod chips????

Old 2007-01-29, 11:57am

Been busy and finally made great progress. Scubbed down the floors to get rid of all the extra plaster left by the workmen and blew in the insulation over the studio area.

Here's the hopper honey and the guy!

It's finally looking like a real studio! Whooo Hoooo! Next weekend we'll get the sills done for the windows. Then we just have to wait for the moisture to come out of the cement before we can put the laminate flooring down. Getting closer!

Old 2007-01-29, 12:35pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Looks good, Leslie! Looks like that guy needs one of our particulate masks! LOL

Old 2007-01-29, 1:29pm

More like a full gas mask!!! Do you recognize the two 'guys'???

Old 2007-02-09, 11:11am

Update! Update! Floor is in and the moulding is all cut to fit. Just have to paint it tonight when I get home. DH will install tomorrow morning and then we get to start moving in. It will take a while and after most everything is in, we will design the torch area. I just might have to bring my current desk out there until that's done.....

Here it is:

The shelf that you see will go on the left side of the wall in the second photo. This will hold my glass rods ~ there are two additional shelves so I can hold a lot of glass. But don't think that will hold it all. I think the long boro tubing will have to have it's own storage in the garage area.

Old 2007-02-09, 11:17am

You are so lucky Leslie..It looks wonderful!! Gorgeous floors too

Old 2007-02-09, 11:29am

Thanks, Melissa! Do I get to see you on the 20th??? Maybe you can swing by after lunch and see if we've made any progress.

Old 2007-02-09, 2:00pm

I am hoping to..I have an appointment that morning that I am trying to reschedule..

That would be great! I would love to see it..

Old 2007-02-12, 1:50pm

Talking Updated Update ~ Almost done !!

Almost done! We started with a completely empty room early saturday morning and by sunday evening we have most everything moved! There's still a lot of organizing, some containers for fusing glass pieces and outside in the garage some stained glass storage and boro tubing storage. We presently have the Phantom and Barracuda set up temporarily. Still need to design the workstations and hood. That will come but we wanted to work there a while before making that commitment.

Here goes: Whatcha think?

Old 2007-02-12, 3:03pm
reaction junkie

wow - what an improvement! It's so light and airy and wonderful - you should be able to create lots of wonderful things in there

/
/
/