Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2006-11-25, 8:42pm

Default My new studio

Well after months of waiting and making beads outside in the garage I have a studio in the basement. The room is very small but has two windows and enough room for my torch hookup and a table for my kiln. I wasn't able to take a picture of the room because it's so small. I found an awesome Rangemaster hood and external 900 cfm ventilation. I got an awesome deal at Menards it was a custom order that someone didn't want once they got it as it wasn't right. The ventilation is one that goes on the roof however that wasn't going to work so my father got it in one of the window's. He spent about 5 days working on it for me so I'm already to start making beads tomorrow. My father also created the glass stand for me a few months ago, he has been a life saver!!! Here are some pictures, I hope I did this correctly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Join the Army of Women to fight Breast Cancer. Click
Old 2006-11-25, 9:31pm
On A Lampwork Hiatus

Very cool. Looks like a nice space. I love you glass stand..
Old 2006-11-26, 12:14am
Formerly known as LT

Have fun!!!
Old 2006-11-26, 1:02am

Good for you Patty,now you can be in the comfort of your home,nice little cozy area,your dad is wonderful to have done this for you,maybe you'll have more inspiration now,lol.
Mary
Old 2006-11-26, 6:39am

Thanks everyone!!!!!!

Old 2006-11-26, 9:47am
still not Leslie

Location: Home the 2011 Worlds Series Champion St Louis Cardinals

WOW Patty looks like heaven to me! Your Dad did a great job with the glass stand!
Old 2006-11-26, 10:58am

My father used an old drafting table that was not being used along with pvc pipe to make my glass stand. I thought it was very creative. His creative jeans and my Mom's I can't go wrong right. I've been making beads ok a mess with my new setup but I'm having fun experimenting. Thanks again everyone.

Old 2006-11-26, 1:36pm

Nice space and I too love the glass stand.

Enjoy.
Old 2006-11-26, 2:41pm
Procrastinate Now!!

Hi Patty... you lucky girl you!!

What did your father use to create the surround that your ventilation is hanging from? I'm just starting to plan out my basement studio.

Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
Old 2006-11-26, 6:01pm

Denise he used shelving boards not sure what they are called but they are laminated fiber board I think for the surround and under the ventilaton he used a concrete backing board over the shelving boards. The hood rests on pieces cut from the shelving boards. If you don't have a vent system yet, let me suggest you going to visit the larger hardware stores, I got both pieces for only $200.00, they retail for over $900.00 I got soo lucky I just kept checking back to see if they had any returned or any demo units for sale and there it was. The guy at the hardware store was surprised it hadn't sold earlier and you could only imagine the happy dance I was doing when I found it. It was a PITA getting the vent elbow and stuff because of the size we needed I had to go to a local HVAC and get the elbow but OMG it's soo worth it to have 900cfm I hope that's enough for this small space.

Old 2006-11-27, 9:37am
Dangerous Woman

I love that stacked lazy susan thing. Is that something you found or made?

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2006-11-27, 3:48pm

Thanks Nancy, my father picked it up at Harbor Freight, he loves that store and has he found me some awesome stuff there I love it too. It has like 1000screws to put it together, thank goodness he put it together for me I don't think I would have had the patience.