Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-06-01, 7:27am

I used tanked, but every medical supply place I spoke with doesn't resell the machines that are over hours. They say they send them off somewhere, never to be seen again. In this part of FL (old people heaven), I can't purchase a concentrator without a prescription from a supplier. Over hours machines just disappear, it seems. I've spoken with owners of two smaller places that deal with the medical machines, also. They said they'd lose their Medicare certification for selling a machine, even with too many hours, without a prescription.
Old 2009-06-01, 8:07am

Traci, these concentrators are alleged to put out more oxy than a normal medical concentrator.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-06-01, 8:11am
Pyromaniac in training

FYI this is were some medical equipment goes to die/be reborn some require a script others do not but most are for bulk sales without guarantee of function.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-06-01, 8:54am

right...and then you are back to shipping the units.
Old 2009-06-01, 9:33am

Quote:
quote: Originally posted by oxydoc
i dont even file claims with ups. It is completely useless. They never pay out. I had 300.00 insurance on the package. I usually just take the unit back for parts and replace it with another. I am never rude or mean to any of my customers. But a person can only take so much slander before biting back.
************************************************** ************************************************** ********************

looks like oxydoc deleted all his posts. I just need to comment on the quote reenie got in there.

What is being said in this thread is not slander. Slander is words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another. Looks to me like you, oxydoc, are damaging your own reputation by not conducting your business in a reputable manner.

This kind of crap has happened so many times in the lampworking community that it makes me sick. It makes me sick that people are compelled to go to a forum to correct a problem because the vendors just don't give a shit once they have the cash. It makes me sick that people who are ripped off get flamed. It makes me sick that people who have received successful orders feel they need to comment about the great service to diminish the extremely poor service others are given. It makes me sick when people offer to pay up for their rip-off vendor friends. It makes me sick to see vendors, like oxygen unlimited, try to justify ripping people off.
he deleted his posts? Now why would someone do that?

Old 2009-06-01, 9:46am
moth to the flame

Bad publicity...and he knew it.

He had his other thread pulled too. He got mad at me for posting a link to this thread over there, told me he paid to post in there...I remember thinking, if he can't pay back 200.00 to a customer he has bigger problems than me posting in a thread. That was also before Reenie's post of her situation.

For him to remove all his posts makes it look worse to me.

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2009-06-01, 10:25am
Ad astra per aspera

Pam, I understand what you're saying about the economy, etc. However, that doesn't excuse or explain poor customer service or lying about when payments or parts will be sent. He may mean well, but it's not showing in his behavior in this or other threads. It sounds more like he started on a shoestring which began fraying immediately. It happens, certainly, but to continue a marginal business on the backs of the very customers you need to grow your business is just plain stupid. Lying vendors, as we've seen over and over, get exposed and ultimately get exactly what they deserve. It's just a damned shame that they take decent, trusting customers along with them.

Old 2009-06-01, 10:29am

Since this is a complaint thread, I deleted my post.
Old 2009-06-01, 10:29am

Karen, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I just think that what is happening now probably would not have happened had the economy not tanked.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2009-06-01, 10:34am
Ad astra per aspera

I'm sure you're right, Pam. It's interesting (in a twitchy way) how these kinds of difficulties seem to bring out the best or the worst in people.

Old 2009-06-01, 10:46am
Bead Obsessed

Default This is what my units looked like!

This is what my units, all THREE of them arrived looking like! I took pictures also. My units had about three rounds of shrink wrap around them and may one gallon of peanuts floating around inside. The boxes were crushed and looked like they had been run over by a truck. I was sick. I kept quiet after they were replaced. It took two replacements for one of them before they were all in unbroken, working order. Someone here on LE helped me get it all resolved. He shall remain nameless. I am happy with the way they work now but people shouldn't have to send these products back at all let alone again and again. I hope I never have to send it in for service.

Quote:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-06-01, 10:48am
Formerly FishBulb

I thought that when a person deleted their posts the empty box with their name at the top still sat there with no text in the box. His have vanished altogether. Yikes.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2009-06-01, 10:54am
Bead Obsessed

Default Before the economy tanked.

Quote:
Karen, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I just think that what is happening now probably would not have happened had the economy not tanked.
I'm sure things have gotten worse due to the economy, but I bought my 3 from him long before the economy tanked. Bottom line is that he's been sending out units wrapped in shrink wrap plastic in flimsy boxes for over a year!

Old 2009-06-01, 10:55am

Quote:
I would have hoped so but if you go to the angry mandrel where I was directed to ...this has been happening (or at least mentioned in an online way) since 2007. So this has nothing to do with the economy.

I know people are struggling. I have a son that can't find work and a husband that just went on unemployment today. I have no idea what's going to happen in the future, I don't know if we can keep our home, our vehicles or even my business. I basically work 7 days a week. I go to school full-time just in case we lose everything I need something to fall back on and I raise 3 kids.

So yes, I've been a bit touchy. But I have a right to be and I'm tired of being quiet and tired of waiting. Waiting gets me Nowhere! That old saying about the squeeky wheel gets the oil or something like that is true.

I'm just tired guys. I don't have time to deal with Jack and broken machines. I'm tired of stressing over big things and then have little things that pop up that shouldn't even be an issue just adds to everything else.

So there you have it. I don't mind good posts in this thread. I'm so very happy that alot of people have gotten machines that work.
Before I posted on this board I even asked a few people that knew Jack what I should do. THEY knew that I didn't want to hurt his reputation and that I was concerned that if I said anything, that might happen.
Just ask Brent if I contacted him....or even Jack's brother.
Brent told me to just wait. He'd make it okay and I did. But I'm still waiting and it's not happening so that's why I finally let it all out.

We will see what happens at the end of the week. If everything turns out great, I'll let you all know. I will not apologize for my comments or the thread but I will say, "It's over and all is well"

Old 2009-06-01, 12:07pm

Hey reenie, I deleted my post because I regreted what I posted. I am sorry for saying what I did. You did not deserve that kind of response from me. You have been patient with me and I do appreciate it. I did not mean what I said about drugs. I don't know you well enough to say such things. I will accept the COD and do whatever is necessary to make it right. I have always worked with my distributors to find an even, fair solution. Times are tough for all of us and we need to be working together instead of pulling apart. I do try to please everyone, but I am one little skinny white boy trying to please too many. I have pretty much stopped using distributors and I sell mostly over the phone. Some of the repairs and replacements have suffered because of me trying to fill orders. I will be better equipped to deal with people and orders by skinning my distributors down to a loyal few. Which I have. Victorian art Glass, Eugene School of Glass, Sundance and Blue moon are my Distributors as of now. Including myself of course. I am working to be a better source for O2. I have a new 10 lpm machine coming out and I am also working on a new torch with a friend. So, again I apologize for the rude thing I said. I will make it right with you. Jack

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
Old 2009-06-01, 12:13pm

Quote:
Bad publicity...and he knew it.

He had his other thread pulled too. He got mad at me for posting a link to this thread over there, told me he paid to post in there...I remember thinking, if he can't pay back 200.00 to a customer he has bigger problems than me posting in a thread. That was also before Reenie's post of her situation.

For him to remove all his posts makes it look worse to me.
By the way, I traded an M15 for the right to advertize on the Forum. I did not pay cash. Corrie was good enough to allow me to do this. jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2009-06-01, 1:21pm

Thank you Jack for your apology. I really don't know what else to say except thank you for it. I don't want to see anyone lose their business. We alll work so very hard to keep it going in the worst of times. I hope that it gets better for all of us and thank you for working with me to get this finally taken care of and a little less stress off of both our plates.

Old 2009-06-01, 2:15pm
moth to the flame

Quote:
By the way, I traded an M15 for the right to advertize on the Forum. I did not pay cash. Corrie was good enough to allow me to do this. jack
I think that is a great idea, nothing wrong with bartering Jack.

I am glad you came back, your apology to Reenie was a stand up thing to do.
I didn't read any other stories, I'd rather believe today is a new day and things can turn out differently, in spite of mistakes made in the past.

I do hope things turn around for you and you can get these issues taken care of for the OP and Reenie and you can put this situation behind you.

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2009-06-01, 2:33pm
Formerly FishBulb

I was impressed by the apology as well. I hope you can iron out the wrinkles in your business, Jack. Look at it this way: It's great that you have so much business that it's hard to keep up.

My unit arrived at the studio on Friday and I'll pick it up this week. Thank you for shipping it so quickly.

Old 2009-06-01, 4:21pm

Quote:
I have a question... it's probably a dumb one, but whatever.

What is the benefit of getting one of these machines for premium $$$ and having to deal with the high cost of shipping these, careless UPS drivers, middlemen, etc etc. Why not just go to a place near you and buy a refurbished medical oxycon? I'm sure there's a valid reason, but I don't know what it is...
I don't know about everywhere but in my area they can't sell you one without a doctor's prescription.

My husband rode his motorcycle halfway across the state (in the rain, no less) to get me one. I don't understand why it's illegal in my area but we can go a couple hundred miles away, pick one out and have the salesman stamp "for hobby use only" on the receipt and its on the up-and-up.

I do, however, understand that I have the best husband in the world, lol!
Old 2009-06-01, 4:54pm
Formerly FishBulb

Ditto for my area. We need a doctor's prescription.

Old 2009-06-01, 6:35pm
Tacki

Quote:
I don't know about everywhere but in my area they can't sell you one without a doctor's prescription.

My husband rode his motorcycle halfway across the state (in the rain, no less) to get me one. I don't understand why it's illegal in my area but we can go a couple hundred miles away, pick one out and have the salesman stamp "for hobby use only" on the receipt and its on the up-and-up.

I do, however, understand that I have the best husband in the world, lol!
I didn't know you had to have a prescription. I wonder how I was able to obtain one so easily... I guess I'm just lucky.
Old 2009-06-02, 4:45am

As far as UPS shipping claims are concerned....I have NEVER had to deal with a claim for a large item....I had to file claims for glass that I have received from Delphi glass on 2 separate occcasions....The instructions were always for the consumer (ME) to file the claim with UPS and Delphi would then receive notification from UPS... Long story short....The same BS UPS never notified Delphi so I took it up with them. Delphi was quick to resolve the matter by sending out a refund...

I also worked 3rd shift at UPS while in college...Simply stated THEY SUCK!
They will never change their mentality of loading as much product into the trucks as quick as they can, regardless! GO FEDEX!!

Duane
Old 2009-06-02, 8:53am
Ad astra per aspera

Hehe, my ex has worked 3rd shift for UPS for about 10 years. This is his last week (from what I've heard). He's been in the international division, loading air freight containers, but he's said pretty much the same thing. He's told me for years that if I had a choice, ask for FedEx instead of UPS.

Old 2009-06-02, 1:29pm

I had a driver tell me one time that they were told to not pay any attention to fragile labels. I have a sister-inlaw who works for Fed-Ex and her position is called a "Pusher". She told me that 1 out of 5 boxes actually hit the floor. I used Fed-Ex for a while and they were great at first. But, after a while they were worse than UPS. I have tried to file claims and no matter what you do, they won't pay. The UPS store that I take my stuff to now, puts "center packed" on my boxes and that is supposed to help in claims. Who knows? I wish very much that there was someone on whom we could depend. jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2009-06-07, 8:20am
Renee

Still waiting........................................... ..

"All unattended children will be given an expresso and a FREE puppy!"
Old 2009-06-07, 9:00am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Ok I want to chime in here, I had a machine that I bought from another glass artist that UPS damaged VERY badly in shipping. I filed a claim then you know what UPS does it deals with the person who SHIPPED the item. They have to do all sorts of stuff to even remotely be able to get the refund. The person i bought mine from shipped through a packing and shipping store so I had to deal with the store.

The store was great they mediated and tried to get UPS to pay the claim. I HAD pictures EXTENSIVE photos lots of them of the box, packing, unit and damage and it was VERY obvious that the damage was done in shipping.

The Store had a horrible time with UPS and ended up just filing a claim with their independant business insurance because UPS was SO TERRIBLE and was refusing to pay for their damages.

UPS is a total PITA with claims. I dont think they have EVER paid a claim I have had and I have only had 2-3 instances where I have had to file with them in 15 years. And ALL of the damage and problems I had were 100% from UPS and their handling of packages.

I also want to mention I called and PM'ed jack images of the damage. Jack offered to fix the machine for me as I was going to drive it down but instead I chose to just have him send the parts I needed and did the repair myself. I received the parts really quickly.

I am sorry so many of you are having problems.

As a vendor with a UPS account, my experience was that it was very simple to file a claim with UPS. I did not have to have the item; they would go to the receiver's house and collect it, if they decided to investigate, which they rarely did (perhaps because I had very few claims). I *never* had to have my customer send the damaged goods back to me at their expense; UPS took care of everything, and sent me a check within a few weeks.

I would imagine that if an individual without an account needed to file a claim it might not be as easy, and if a vendor had a disproportionate number of claims, UPS might become more stringent in their investigations.

I am very satisfied with my UO machine, but then, everything went smoothly with my order. It's how vendors handle themselves and their customers when things go wrong that shows their true fiber, IMO.

Old 2009-06-07, 9:08am

In my business, if a package or shipment comes in with any sign of damage to the package, I don't accept it. That way it goes back to the shipper and he has to deal with any problems. However, this will not help if the product is defective...Smithy
Old 2011-09-08, 3:53pm
Learning...

I have to ask this question. Where the heck should I buy a concentrator from if this isn't a dependable vendor?

Old 2011-09-08, 5:37pm
Salt Box Beads

If you will type concentrators into the search box for this forum ( not this thread) you will get a good idea of who is selling what.