Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-11-03, 7:15pm

I hope you get it set up soon. I love it! Got 2 new burns, but they were stupid mistakes that I could have made with the HH. Scariest part is lighting it up, not used to a big flame, but then you turn up the oxygen and it's all good!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-11-03, 9:58pm

I got the call today! Gave them my info and they said it should ship by the end of the week..... I'm excited and a little scared. Will I be able to do it with a new torch? Seems like I just got this one figured out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-11-04, 6:47am
AKA: Noodlesaurus

I will say everytime I have upgrades 4 times now,plumbers torch, hothead, Bobcat, Lynx (and i also have Crickets).... I found my work got better... Better beads better design and just all over better... I hope you all find the same... look forward to a new thread in the gallery" look what I did".... have fun and enjoy you new torches

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2009-11-04, 8:43am
No longer a Member

" Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
I've heard if you run the torch *properly*, you might never even need the "cleaning wire"--or need it in extremely rare cases (and really, it's just a piece of wire...I've got super-fine mandrels the same size...) I certainly wouldn't let the lack of a scrap of wire make me choose a lesser torch come time to upgrade--that would just be silly. I might order from an authorized vendor who had a torch *in stock* vs. placing a "custom order from the factory" (face it, what we've all been doing is ordering "factory direct" & expecting RETAIL STORE TYPE SERVICE)--that's how you get "retail" type service--and you generally pay MORE for that type of service.

Reality is, when you WANT "retail-type" service, you should expect to PAY for it (as in "full price", with "add on profits").
When you want "factory direct price", what you LOSE is the "pretty bells & whistles" that you get from a "retail-type" environment.
GTT is a MANUFACTURER. They MAKE torches.
They've been VERY VERY SWEET & GENEROUS about selling direct to the trade. Amazingly generous. I've been watching these threads for months now & I've been STUNNED at how rude & demanding some folks have been about "bad service" & such. If you want to be fawned over, go to a STORE where there are PAID RETAIL CLERKS & products are MARKED UP to cover those folks salaries. If you want "direct price wholesale" like a VENDOR gets (which is what you've been lucky enough to get by GTT's lovely offer to sell to YOU, small beadmakers) then put your names on the list & wait for your torches. Heck, they're even letting you DESIGN your own torch! And for AMAZINGLY REASONABLE PRICES.

They could DOUBLE the price of the cricket & it would STILL be a bargain for what it does--and they'd STILL have a wait-list--it's an amazing torch--but they've kept it fair--now how about everyone ELSE being FAIR to them & realizing that they've got a great chance to BUY DIRECT if they're just PATIENT--before GTT realizes they can just shut down all "factory direct" orders, go "wholesale to dealers only" & let DEALERS make a HUGE PROFIT on "CUSTOM ORDERS" with FANCY ORDER FORMS & make this a WAY MORE PROFITABLE DEAL FOR BOTH GTT, THE MIDDLE-DEALERS (like Kimberly, all the Small Glass Dealers like Jon, Paula, Grace, Jamey-Lynn, etc--I bet they'd LOVE to rep for GTT & get $20-$50 PER TORCH order for making up nice forms with color/style/etc for "you" & dealing with all your SH*T about "when/where/why" every two days!)

~luna"

Funny that.....
I do the exact same thing for Origin....and as the proverbial "gift horse" have never had my teeth so closely inspected......

anywho.....
Old 2009-11-19, 3:23pm

Well, I guess I was a bit premature being excited because the called.... still no cricket.

Old 2009-11-21, 4:57pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Well, I guess I was a bit premature being excited because the called.... still no cricket.
Debi, Willy said he will check on it for you.
Old 2009-11-21, 8:09pm
And silence is golden

Yeeaah for Debi! Hope you get it soon.
Old 2009-11-21, 9:43pm

Thanks Kimberly! Me too Aleta - I'll keep you posted!

Old 2009-11-23, 3:05pm

They just called and it ships out tomorrow. Woot! Thanks Kimberly!

Old 2009-11-23, 4:02pm
Queen Bee

Quote:
" Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
I've heard if you run the torch *properly*, you might never even need the "cleaning wire"--or need it in extremely rare cases (and really, it's just a piece of wire...I've got super-fine mandrels the same size...) I certainly wouldn't let the lack of a scrap of wire make me choose a lesser torch come time to upgrade--that would just be silly. I might order from an authorized vendor who had a torch *in stock* vs. placing a "custom order from the factory" (face it, what we've all been doing is ordering "factory direct" & expecting RETAIL STORE TYPE SERVICE)--that's how you get "retail" type service--and you generally pay MORE for that type of service.

Reality is, when you WANT "retail-type" service, you should expect to PAY for it (as in "full price", with "add on profits").
When you want "factory direct price", what you LOSE is the "pretty bells & whistles" that you get from a "retail-type" environment.
GTT is a MANUFACTURER. They MAKE torches.
They've been VERY VERY SWEET & GENEROUS about selling direct to the trade. Amazingly generous. I've been watching these threads for months now & I've been STUNNED at how rude & demanding some folks have been about "bad service" & such. If you want to be fawned over, go to a STORE where there are PAID RETAIL CLERKS & products are MARKED UP to cover those folks salaries. If you want "direct price wholesale" like a VENDOR gets (which is what you've been lucky enough to get by GTT's lovely offer to sell to YOU, small beadmakers) then put your names on the list & wait for your torches. Heck, they're even letting you DESIGN your own torch! And for AMAZINGLY REASONABLE PRICES.

They could DOUBLE the price of the cricket & it would STILL be a bargain for what it does--and they'd STILL have a wait-list--it's an amazing torch--but they've kept it fair--now how about everyone ELSE being FAIR to them & realizing that they've got a great chance to BUY DIRECT if they're just PATIENT--before GTT realizes they can just shut down all "factory direct" orders, go "wholesale to dealers only" & let DEALERS make a HUGE PROFIT on "CUSTOM ORDERS" with FANCY ORDER FORMS & make this a WAY MORE PROFITABLE DEAL FOR BOTH GTT, THE MIDDLE-DEALERS (like Kimberly, all the Small Glass Dealers like Jon, Paula, Grace, Jamey-Lynn, etc--I bet they'd LOVE to rep for GTT & get $20-$50 PER TORCH order for making up nice forms with color/style/etc for "you" & dealing with all your SH*T about "when/where/why" every two days!)

~luna"

Funny that.....
I do the exact same thing for Origin....and as the proverbial "gift horse" have never had my teeth so closely inspected......

anywho.....
I'm afraid I can't agree. This is not aimed at GTT, but any supplier in general. Just because a company had chosen to sell direct does not give it the right to ignore customer service. Selling direct is a business choice. The price point is a business choice. A business is supposed to be gratefull for customers, not the other way around!! I buy all kinds of wholesale items from direct factories, and the customer service is generally stellar, and the prices highly competitive. Why should it be different because it's a torch, or glass, or a tool, etc?

Doesn't a customer have the right to be told actual delivery times of the product they are ordering? You can't tell folks the wait for an item is 2 weeks, when in actuality it is 3 months, and it's never communicated. That makes for a very pissed off, resentful customer. It also may make them feel they are being held captive if the item is not avaiable from anyone else. Are you saying the customer should be just counting their lucky stars they they have been graced with the opportunity to purchase something, no matter what?

I think if a company is upfront and tells the true delivery time, and and takes the time to communicate with customers on delays, most will patiently wait. Any business knows their production schedule and capacity, so it shouldn't be hard to get pretty close to an actual delivery date. Just communicate.

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2009-12-02, 8:59pm
And silence is golden

I finally got to use my new cricket today. It's going to take some practice with adjusting the flame. Man the flame is long! I'm just tickled to be able to try it out. It's like being a newbie all over again. My first bead done with it, came out a perfect donut shape with perfect puckered ends. Yahoo! Showing it off in this thread as well as the Gallery.

Debi ~ Has your cricket arrived yet?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.