AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: How many days do you post your ebay auction for...and why?
3 days 5 10.64%
5 days 19 40.43%
7 days 21 44.68%
Other 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-07-20, 4:55pm
Obsessive Torch Disorder

Default How many days to put your ebay auction on for?

and why? Do you have better luck with 3 days vs. 5 or 7 days? or visa versa?

Just curious! Thanks!
~Lynn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
Old 2007-07-20, 5:09pm
William Hagy

I like the three day deals for low end sales.....seems most bidders have short attention spans

50mm & 40mm Herbert Arnold Zenit Burners,Carlisle cc/cc+/mini,Liquid O2.
Old 2007-07-20, 5:12pm
The Crazy One

What I do I would NEVER reccomend anyone do. I start each auction at 69 cents (I like that number!) and 99.9% of the time I list for three days. This is insanity at it's best, but it works for me. I found that most bids on MY auctions were on the first and last day so I figure why torture anyone with all those days in between, BUT I have people who check my auctions regularly, just for a laugh and an occasional bid.

I think when starting out and until you get a following you need to start with the 7 day auctions. You'll have the paid for exposure. In the past I have done the featured thang and when I do that I go for 10 days, bang for the buck so to speak.

I really think it's important for people to start with 7 days and continually assess what works for them... OK OK so I know it works better FOR ME (as well as most everyone else) to always have auctions listed, but I was in a rut and didn't want to. Therefore I suffer because of it! Bwhahahaha the consequences of my actions pay off... or not....
Old 2007-07-20, 6:48pm

I usually do 3 days for the first list and then 7 days for the relist. That's been for the last couple of months, since my sales tanked so badly. This week they seem to be picking up again a bit, and I've actually done a featured for 3 days, and am doing one now-finally happy with the prices I'm getting off of them and reasonably sure they'll sell-plus I'd be ok with a minimum bid sale on them.

It's hard to figure out how to do it, that's for sure.

I've got way cool handmade bags for sale in the Garage Sale area for a buck each!
Old 2007-07-20, 7:17pm

I list for 5 days. I know I have a short attention span when I want something too. And if I'm really desparate for an Ebay fix, I head right to the "buy it nows". I used to start my listings at .99 which makes for cheaper listing fees and also I think it catches eyes when things have lots of bids and starting at those low, low prices the bids tend to really add up. But I start all of my beads at $45.00 as a rule.

Old 2007-07-20, 7:35pm
Catnip Pusher

Three days is too short and seven is too long. Five days works well for me. The most important thing is consistency - however/whenever you list, just keep doing the same scheme. Changing times/days/length of listings will confuse folks who are keeping an eye on your auctions.

Aimee
Old 2007-07-21, 5:09am
Goddess

I list for 5 days. Most bids come on the first and last day for my auctions. I've thought about listing 3 day auctions instead since nothing usually happens on the in-between days, but I've been too chicken to try it yet

Old 2007-07-21, 5:03pm
Storm Queen

Hey Evil...what's that little squiggly thing in your auction heading?

Old 2007-07-21, 5:52pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Hey Evil...what's that little squiggly thing in your auction heading?
LOL, some squiggly thing my husband or daughter found. I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but I like being strange, so I keep it.

I've got way cool handmade bags for sale in the Garage Sale area for a buck each!
Old 2007-07-21, 7:43pm
Storm Queen

I like it...it fits your name and it does make you stand out in a good way...it's cool!

Old 2007-07-21, 7:55pm
Life is change. Love it

I list for three days. I usually get a bid at the beginning, but not always. Over the three days I usually get 16 to 25 people watching. The majority of the bidding happens in the last 20 seconds of the auction.
Edited to add. I thought five days might improve my end prices, but it had absolutely no effect. I guess once you are in someones favourite sellers list, it doesn't really matter how long you list for.

Last edited by Carolyn M; 2007-07-21 at 7:57pm.
Old 2007-07-21, 9:04pm
Stella the super dog!

I list for 7 days. No reason really, just always done it that way. -Jay

Old 2007-07-21, 10:49pm

I list for 7 days cause it is the most convenient for me. I like it ending on a Sunday it is the easiest day to get the auctions ready. If I had it ending during the week I would be doing even more computer work after a long day of staring at the computer, icky poo.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2007-07-22, 9:21am

And I tend to think that ending on a weekend is a bad thing (lower prices for me), so I try to make sure most stuff ends on Mon-Thurs, LOL.

Of course, I have two ending today-with bids!!!-so no rule is hard and fast for me with this stuff.

If what I'm doing stops working, I change it.

Old 2007-07-22, 9:22am

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I like it...it fits your name and it does make you stand out in a good way...it's cool!
Thanks

Old 2007-07-22, 4:34pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilglass View Post
LOL, some squiggly thing my husband or daughter found. I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but I like being strange, so I keep it.
It's called a "Section Sign" -

§ PARAGRAPH SIGN, SECTION SIGN (SECTION SIGN) U+00A7 § octal: 247 help

This character (§) is used as a section sign especially in the US, and as a paragraph sign in some European usage, especially when referring to paragraphs in laws, contracts, rules, etc. (For that reason, § is sometimes used to symbolize law in general.) The varying names reflect the variation in usage. Cf. to pilcrow sign (¶).

Old 2007-07-23, 11:10am
Storm Queen

Thanks for the explanation Lara!