Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2014-02-06, 10:49pm

Don't know much about video, I wish I could help. I would love to see the video. Here is another one, got the colors better I think.

Old 2014-02-07, 2:29pm
Bernhard Riegler

well, I have uploaded the video to youtube. Used sunglasses for a filter (kind of worked), but the quality is very bad, the closeups are totally useless and everything that could go wrong went wrong. Please excuse all this (my very first video) and my horrible accent - I had to learn english . . . but anyway . . . here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Sl7...ature=youtu.be
I hope you can get something out of it - turn the volume right up (way too quiet - sorry)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-02-07, 2:36pm
Bernhard Riegler

and that is the finished jelly from the video . . .
Attached Images

Old 2014-02-07, 3:52pm
Bernhard Riegler

I have changed it to public - hope it works - sorry

Old 2014-02-07, 6:59pm

I could see the video. Thanks for making it and showing the actual jelly here.
Old 2014-02-07, 11:16pm
Bernhard Riegler

here is a side view, that shows the bubbles I was talking about in the video. Imperfections . . . . hiding in the back
Attached Images

Old 2014-02-08, 7:42am

Great Video Bernhard –Thanks for sharing with us!

I picked up lots of excellent tips from your instructions.
Old 2014-02-08, 8:17am
Flamewoman

Yes thanks for the video Bernhard, your jellyfish are amazing, and so are you.
BTW I like your accent. What trouper you are, the punty fell off, and you kept on going,
I'm glad I'm not the only one that happens to, but usually it falls into my lap.
Funny sometimes the pendantsI have the most trouble with can be the best. You cracked me up, more than
once, especially at the end, Oh my gosh this is going to be a shiddy video,
well it's not, it's a really good effort to share some technique with your pals, & thanks Bernhard.
My favorite part had to be at around 29:40 or so when you were fuming the gold,
it was beautiful the way the punty holding the gold lit up, very magical looking.
Good job there.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!

Last edited by Mary K; 2014-02-08 at 1:02pm.
Old 2014-02-08, 12:40pm
Bernhard Riegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial B View Post
Can still see the Jackpot sparkle with the indoor light.

If you put up your jelly video for free, please have a Pay Pal account for donations because folks who end up making jellies like this deserve the opportunity to reciprocate your generosity.
Thank you for that. If anyone feels like supporting the poor artist, my paypal is Onekura@xtra.co.nz

And thank you all for the kind comments - made my day

Old 2014-02-08, 9:30pm
Bernhard Riegler

different colours - gold fume background - no bubbles - woohoo
Attached Images

Old 2014-02-08, 9:58pm

I just watched your video Bernhard. Thanks for sharing. It was interesting to see how someone else makes their jellyfish.
Old 2014-02-08, 10:53pm
Bernhard Riegler

sounds like you make them too - please share in some pics of your work - we need more partisipants - and thank you for your comment

Old 2014-02-11, 5:49pm

Bernhard ~ The last jellies then were straight gold fume with white back to get that pink tone correct?
Old 2014-02-11, 7:23pm
Bernhard Riegler

yes, that's right - heavy gold fume covered in egyptien white (NS)

Old 2014-02-11, 8:13pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onekura View Post
todays . .
post #55

I would buy this one in a New York minute!!! Will you set a price for it and message me? Thank you! Your jellies are amazing! I'd love to look through your boxes of beads!

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.

Last edited by Tillie; 2014-02-11 at 8:17pm.
Old 2014-02-12, 8:50pm

Last year I started making jellyfish pendants, but lately I have been making jellyfish marbles. Here is one of them. Colors are: Bell and Tentacles = Dwarf White (TG), Dots on Bell = Stormy Weather (MK), Background = Brilliant Blue (GA).
Attached Images

Last edited by Doctor Hue; 2014-02-12 at 8:59pm. Reason: typo
Old 2014-02-15, 6:13am

Bell = Loki's Lipstick (NS), Tentacles = Silver Beach (MK), Background = Brilliant Blue (GA). This one has messed up bubbles, but I like the colors. I'll have to try this color combination again. The bubbles I don't mind if they are round, since this this is a representation of water, but this bubble got out of hand. The jellyfish must have moved. LOL. I have to practice my photograph too. This one has too much of reflection. Just need more spare time.
Attached Images

Old 2014-02-26, 4:43pm
Flamewoman

Default jellyfish marble

I got this idea for a jellyfish marble, I made three small jellyfish and then joined them together
around a seaweed compression but I should have added more clear between them as when I rounded the whole
thing up they got flat, but it's still kind of neat, just not what I was shooting for.

and you can see the lines between the
fish, I might try again and try to diffuse
the separation lines with some sparkle frit.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-02-26, 7:51pm

Mary, I like your multiple jellyfish marble. Looks really cool. What color did you use for the seaweed?
Old 2014-02-26, 8:04pm
Flamewoman

I think I used shamrock, that dark indian green and jackpot.
I did about 5 or so big dots of each, gave em a hard push
with a fine pick and then compressed them.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-03-01, 6:25pm

Bahhhh... I so want to see Bernhard's video on YouTube, but it's marked as Private. I've been wanting to learn Jellies, and have tried (lol unsuccessfully) to figure it out on my own but I think a little visual aid would help greatly!! All of the Jellies in here are gorgeous!!
Old 2014-03-02, 11:15am
Bernhard Riegler

I dont know why it does that - I changed it to public 3 times now and it always jumps back to private - just changed it again . . .

Old 2014-03-03, 7:01pm

Thank you Bernhard -- finally got to see it and I think it will help me tremendously! Even tho the work is difficult to see in the flame, your play-by-play descriptions are really helpful to go along with it. I'll try to post pics, but probably won't be trying jellies until this weekend...
Old 2014-03-30, 7:07pm

was playing with jelly fish the other day and this is what i came up with.

Living the dream rocking a GTT Mirage and or 40mm Herbert Arnold J Howard Style with a home fill system in south central Wisconsin
Old 2014-03-31, 4:33am

Bernhard, your jellies are fabulous! I really want to have a go at the exterior decoration, may have to make myself some barnacle murrini, add a few tentacles...

Mary: love the multiple-jelly marble. I had vague plans for a pendant with a couple of tiny jellies in.

I have a new one in the kiln, finally had some time to go back to the boro. Will put a pic up in a couple of days (needs a boro annealing cycle as I was doing soft glass too).

|
|
|
|
Old 2014-04-01, 10:43am

Aloha Bernhard!

Would you mind reposting your video? I followed the original link but it was gone.

Mahalo! - Alpha

Old 2014-04-02, 2:27am

Jelly 24

I used two Momka striped shorts for this, applying them as twisties. The jellyfish is the blue/beige cane. I used the pink/clear one as the background, then put a stripe of cobalt behind it to make it show up better (had no idea before applying the pink how much was clear and whether any of it would strike). I had to adjust the photo colouring a bit in the top 2 pics - the pink-coral was showing up as bright red, which it really isn't in reality!

Cane (the anemone cab is the blue cane)

|
|
|
|
Old 2014-04-02, 8:46am
Flamewoman

Nice Heather. I think those two Momka canes are Aurora trails and palitra orange. I love Momka glass, always my favorite.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-04-02, 1:41pm

Thanks Mary! Very possibly Aurora Trails. It isn't Palitra Orange though - I have some other shorts that match the pics of that exactly and they are far more orange. This is pinker and doesn't have the flower-shape dot pattern in the middle of the rod. I was wondering if it might be Mystic Rose, maybe end of pull so with extra clear in it? I'm trying to find a rod pic of that.

(Palitra orange as shown here is definitely the other rods I have: http://trevsglass.com/index.php?main...rder=7&page=26)

It might even be Gerber pink with absolutely no centre left in the pull.

|
|
|
|

Last edited by Kalorlo; 2014-04-02 at 2:10pm.
Old 2014-04-09, 2:41am

Anyone want a laugh? This jelly has a truly unfortunate colour combination!

The barnacles done like that were always going to be a bad idea. The backing isn't too bad in itself, but needs a bright solid jelly to go in front of it, not a wispy one... One for the fugly pile!

|
|
|
|