Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-03-09, 6:20am
Formerly known as Venesa

Default Where can I find Red Dog Bead Release?

I'm hoping someone out there can help me find "Dr. Ammen's Red Dog Bead Release Additive." I have the flyer in my hot little hand, but it doesn't say where to get it. Arrow Springs and Frantz don't have it.

I haven't tried it, but heard that it was really good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-03-09, 6:38am
Crazy tool making guy....

I have tried it a few times, and it does seem to help with the releasing, but it's an extra step, and I think the newer "easy release" bead releases like Kragg, Zippz, and the new Foster Fire do very well on thier own.

My $.02

-Jeff
Old 2007-03-09, 7:17am

http://www.glasscraftinc.com/product...m?part_id=9049

Old 2007-03-09, 8:02am
Formerly known as Venesa

Default Gracias!

Thanks for your .02 Jeff. I had heard good things about Kragg too, so I might try that next. For now, I have a huge container of Foster Fire that I need to use up first and the Red Dog might be the help I need. (I didn't know there was a new Foster Fire either, so I'll check that out too.) Your two cents may be worth a few bucks now!

Thanks Kim, I just ordered some from Glasscraft!

Old 2007-03-09, 8:06am
Crazy tool making guy....

Vanessa, regular Foster Fire is a very easy releasing bead release as well. Some people think too easy. If you are having trouble with that stuff, something may be wrong.... old bead release?

-Jeff

Last edited by InspirationToolworks; 2007-03-09 at 8:10am.
Old 2007-03-09, 8:12am
Formerly known as Venesa

Jeff, Foster Fire is a piece of cake for soft glass, but when I do boro it seems to hang on for dear life. I use a Red Max torch for boro and I think that extra heat plus the high kiln temperature bakes it right to the mandrel.