Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-07-02, 11:51am

Default Silvered???

Ok I love silvered ivory, but what else can you silver, besides the obvious (everything)?? What combinations have you tried that really worked well, if you don't mind me asking!!! thanks

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2005-07-02, 11:53am
ManBearPig

EDP works well...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-07-02, 8:25pm

Try it over Amethyst and the case in clear, kinda cool.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2005-07-02, 9:12pm
MomOnAMission

I don't have it handy, but Corina's Spotlight on Silver had some AWESOME ideas/recipes
Old 2005-07-03, 5:42am

well duh, thanks Roseanne, I forgot about that!!!
I was going to try it on lt turquoise, but I'm not sure it'll work, since turquoise is kinda funny anyway.

Old 2005-07-03, 6:21am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgg112
well duh, thanks Roseanne, I forgot about that!!!
I was going to try it on lt turquoise, but I'm not sure it'll work, since turquoise is kinda funny anyway.
I would think that with all the silver in turquoise already, it would just turn black. But, I may be wrong...

Old 2005-07-03, 6:25am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
I would think that with all the silver in turquoise already, it would just turn black. But, I may be wrong...

that's what I'm thinking, but it would sure be pretty if it didn't!!!! lol

Old 2005-07-03, 8:18am
Glassy Lady

Silvered turquoise is very pretty.

Other colors that look great silvered: EDP, opal yellow, powder pink.

BHB/PANDORA EXCHANGE IN THE PATIO
Old 2005-07-03, 4:37pm
PELE

just about ALL transparent colors... my favs are light brown and straw yellow, oh! and ink blue. make your flame reducing when you burn the silver off and 'chase' the silver fumes across the glass... you'll get a real sweet blue tint on many colors.

lynne
Old 2005-07-04, 7:16pm
one day at a time

Hey! Thanks you guys!!

I tried posting this question on the 'other' forum TWICE and it sure seemed like not very many people wanted to answer!

I know we should "experiment" and find out things for ourselves, but I for one wanted a few suggestions so I wouldn't waste too much silver playing around and coming up with mud!