Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-07-04, 6:02am

Default Pinks, Purple & Mixing Glass

I have a few questions and was hoping to get some help. I have been looking for a nice pink and haven't had much luck. It's just for dots but I've burned a few when I use Rubino Oro. It sort of looks like a little fire ball when I heat it a little. And when I use purple there are sometimes soot marks in the center of the dot.

Is there a transparent and opague pink that is consistent or am I asking for a miracle?

I was wondering if it is ok to use bullseye stringer on a morretti base. I know the coe are different but I can't remember how much of a difference is ok.

Thanks guys.
Old 2005-07-04, 6:31am
Formerly Travelin'gal

If you are buring your rubino you are using too much propane or getting it too hot. Try turning your flame down and working cooler or further out in the flame. If you do burn it you can just reheat it back in the flame and the marks will go away. Just heat it up to molten. I personanly think the rubino is the best color. There really isn't another pink in that color range.

As for the purples all I can think of is you are getting a concentrated mark when you use it and that is normal. I don't think I have ever burnt it before. But you can try using dark amethyst over white for dots for a purple.

I would not use bullseye for stringer on moretti. The COE are just too far apart and you risk some serious cracking. It is best not to mix COE. You an get away with it in some of the frits, due to the metals used in them, but it is always best to give them the freezer test. I certainly have had some beads crack when using frit. Escpecially the reds and yellows.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2005-07-04, 6:41am

Thanks Deanna. I just need to find more pinks. I'm just getting bored and want more variety.