Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-07-06, 8:46am
sunscreen me baby

Default cz's in beads question

If I put a cz on the outside of a bead can I etch it? Or will the cz lose it's sparkle?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-07-06, 9:17am
koregon

good question, I dont know...but it would be simple to put a drop of elmers or etch resist on the cz table to make sure it didn't...

Old 2005-07-06, 6:36pm

I think you need to encase so it doesn't fall out.
Old 2005-07-06, 8:47pm

You don't need to encase as long as you make sure it's applied to hot glass and is well secured. I make a little indent with the end of my tungsten pick and then set it in there. That gives it the security of glass around it, not just under it. But I've quite often not encased and not had it fall out...unfortunately I have not etched them so I can't help with that, but I'd do what Kaye said, just to be safe...

My Daughter and Husband Wrote a book.

The Car Catch-all...the most useful non-lampworking item ever!
Old 2005-07-07, 3:46am
sunscreen me baby

Thanks! I'm guessing it shouldn't be etched. My Walmart CZ studs did get "matte" after months of constant wear.

~