Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2013-06-05, 6:19pm
Hobby Junkie

Default June show and tell!

Hey! It's already 6/5. Where is the thread?!?!

I've been making some marbles, mostly playing with air traps.

Chrysanthemum
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370481532.755703.jpg
Views: 1339
Size:  67.1 KB

Straw flower
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370481559.413501.jpg
Views: 1313
Size:  45.1 KB

Splash
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370481575.952599.jpg
Views: 1318
Size:  50.2 KB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-06-05, 11:20pm

that last one is especially nice.
Old 2013-06-06, 6:56am

Yes ... I really like the splash one too. Probably mostly because it is so "different". I like unusual.

Old 2013-06-06, 11:30am
Borosapien

I love splash it is like its frozen in time!

Old 2013-06-06, 12:30pm
Hobby Junkie

Thanks! You guys all seem to like splash... The marble collectors page on FB.... Not so much. Lol. The auction ends in 6 hours and it's at $10. Sad.

Old 2013-06-06, 1:52pm
Administrator

Old 2013-06-06, 1:53pm
Administrator

I love the Straw Flower one! I can never trap bubbles where I want them.

Old 2013-06-06, 6:40pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBean View Post
Thanks! You guys all seem to like splash... The marble collectors page on FB.... Not so much. Lol. The auction ends in 6 hours and it's at $10. Sad.
I couldn't find it. I looked and looked! I wanted it!

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2013-06-06, 9:04pm

Quote:
They seem to like fume work and well known artists on that group. You should try the "marbles and things" group. Put the auction up on both.
Old 2013-06-07, 12:54am
Borosapien

I haven't seen your marble either BellaBean i am not a fan of the marble collectors page.

Old 2013-06-08, 8:24am
Hobby Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassAlias View Post
They seem to like fume work and well known artists on that group. You should try the "marbles and things" group. Put the auction up on both.
Thanks. I'll try that. It ended up going for $35. The same woman has bought all three of my marbles. Lol.

Old 2013-06-08, 10:28am
Hobby Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel View Post
I haven't seen your marble either BellaBean i am not a fan of the marble collectors page.
Where do you think the best place to sell marbles is? I've tried some local galleries but they aren't willing to take on any new artists at this point. I've had no luck with etsy.

Old 2013-06-09, 5:46am

marble collectors page would be my first suggestion. there are big name artists selling right next to newbs like me.....it gives ya a warm and fuzzy feeling!

"that woman" that buys all the marbles on MCP, Kathy Christiansen, she buys a shit ton of marbles.
but there's also "marbles and things" on fb.
Old 2013-06-10, 10:34am
Borosapien

Some work i like to show

Old 2013-06-10, 4:31pm

Thanks Marcel, your work is always amazing.

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2013-06-11, 2:27pm

Quote:
I didn't know you could sell stuff on FB. How does it work? I went on there and saw people had auctions but didn't see a place to bid. Do you have to send a message to the person selling?

Beautiful marbles btw

Old 2013-06-12, 2:54am

read the rules on the MCP page, it'll be easier then me typing all of it.
Old 2013-06-13, 6:14pm

You need to become a member of the group to bid or post. The moderators can keep track of the members that way and kick you off if you are bad or something. Helps keep the riff raff out.

Old 2013-06-13, 11:53pm

I bought an arbor press and learned how to core! Its funny when you just want to snug the core up a... little... bit.... mor... CRACK! Bead confetti!
Old 2013-06-15, 10:41pm

There are some nice pieces on here this month. Here are some chains I made for bracelets. I am using the tapatalk photo upload and I hope it works.
I plan to sell one of the bracelets at a benefit tomorrow, any advise on how much I should sell it for?
Dan
Old 2013-06-20, 9:57am
tweetysweetie

Which marble collectors page on facebook are you all talking about? Do you have a link for it? I did a search for mcp and there were a couple of them...i belong to a paperweight page as I like to look at the pretties...bring on the marbles please!

Old 2013-06-20, 11:49am

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/248654881841458/
Old 2013-06-21, 11:43am
tweetysweetie

Thanks for the link...wow, some gorgeous mibs in there, many by artists I'd never heard of before...just amazing the talent that is still to be discovered.

Old 2013-06-21, 5:40pm

Default Blown Beads

Cleaning beads is so much less fun than making them. I thought I would try some blown beads, made from small sections of tubing with multiple color layers on the surface.
I made some inside/out beads as well, but no pictures of them yet.

The beads on the left are all Momka colors. The others are a variety.

-Martha
Old 2013-06-21, 5:59pm
tweetysweetie

My apologies for side tracking the show and tell, Martha those are "sweet" and gives me an idea of how to use up my son's scrap tubing...thanks for the idea, just hope I can get mine to turn out as nicely as yours.

Old 2013-06-21, 7:37pm

Martha, these are pretty pretty pretty. Thanks for sharing!
Old 2013-06-21, 9:32pm

Thanks for the compliments! I've always been a huge fan of Tom Boylan's and Lily Rose blown beads. I suddenly realized I was ready to attempt my own.
On some of them I just used odds & ends from my bucket of things-gone-wrong, but the ones I am most happy with are the pieces started from scratch with the intention of making a bead. It helped with the symmetry of shape and color.
One thing I learned in finishing the ends is that it helps to have a number of flared blow tubes (9.5mm) handy so you can switch sides easily to shape the holes. Put a very temporary cold seal on one end and finish the other end, letting your puntied area cool. Then you can break the tube off almost cleanly if you just flash the seal in the flame for a second, causing enough thermal shock to break the seal but not enough to crack the body of the bead. Then using tweezers or some other tool, reintroduce that side slowly just enough to polish out the sharp edges.
Good luck with it Fired - enjoy sweet freedom from bead release, and please post your results!
-Martha
Old 2013-06-23, 9:36pm

I've been working on new stuff this weekend. It's a terrible pic but what do you guys think?
Old 2013-06-24, 4:07am

Vira

I think it's very cool. Nice job!! Love the octopus.

Old 2013-06-24, 1:34pm

Thanks Laura.