Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2017-02-17, 10:58am

Default black vetrofond

Due to illness I am going to sell off my studio, bit by bit. I haven't even started the process yet, but I wondered if there is a market for Vetrofond black glass. I have several pounds I would like to sell, but have no idea on pricing. Anyone have suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2017-02-17, 2:26pm

If you can figure out a reasonable price, I'm interested. Ernie Wagner
Old 2017-02-17, 2:51pm

If you can give give me the exact amount of black Verto, I could make you an offer. Thanks, Ernie Wagner P.S. I'm also looking for a kiln and controller for a friend who is just starting out,,,
Old 2017-02-17, 4:58pm
Dix Harrison

You can usually find glass prices by Googling the brand, the name, and number.

Yes, even discontinued prices are there. You just have to do the research.
Old 2017-02-17, 5:03pm

Harriet I'm sorry and wish you the best. I didn't know until reading your blog
that this was even a possibility.
I hope you are able to be one of the people who find some relief.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Last edited by yellowbird; 2017-02-17 at 10:01pm.
Old 2017-02-17, 5:17pm

I think Vetro Black has sort of waxed and waned the past few years. I would list some on Facebook as an auction, maybe with a starting bid of $15 per quarter lb? And then see what the market brings. Personally I'd do a trial with quarter or half lb lot.
Old 2017-02-17, 6:22pm

Smile

I've never tried Vetrofond black and would like to buy 1/4-1/2 lb but am not on Facebook.
Old 2017-02-17, 7:39pm
Mebmer

Harriet, I just spent some time reading at your blog and I was very engaged. You've been on quite the journey and hope that you get a transplant and can be there for your family for many years.

There is a market for EVERY glass. You may have some things that are hard to come by and could be highly sought after. Do you have a close friend or relative that could help you along? It would be easy enough to research a lot of prices online, but in the interest of your health it would probably be best to have a good partner for packing and shipping, especially if you have a large amount of things to sell.

Wishing you the best and a continued strong spirit!
Old 2017-02-17, 8:13pm

Thanks SStephen for the info. I do have someone who has volunteered to help me. We also have a local group of beadmakers so I am hoping to sell some things locally.
Harriet

Old 2017-02-17, 11:06pm

At about 10-12 months ago it was going for up to $100 a pound. The last 6-8 months it's dropped drastically as with all these rarer glasses right now and running between $20 a pound and tops $60 a pound. I've been buying as much of vetrofond black as I can afford and find for almost 2 years because it's my go to black. It just appears that a lot of glass on auctions on the destash pages have just really dropped
Old 2017-02-18, 6:38am
Peerless Thread Killer

I'm pretty sure Vetrofond glass will be easily sold here or on Facebook auction pages like Lampwork Supply Destash-LSD, or Destash Supplies for the Lampwork Bead Artist, and there are others.
I'm sorry for your health issues. Big hugs.

Old 2017-02-18, 6:47am

Yes, so sorry about your lungs. You make beautiful beads. Even though your doctors think it is unlikely that beadmaking caused your problem, it shows that we should never take for granted how impactful it could be. I hope you get your transplant.
Old 2017-02-18, 8:24am
Corgi Cult Member

Wishing you only the best as you try to regain good health.

Old 2017-02-18, 3:42pm

Harriet, I am so sorry to read your blog. I had missed you and thought you were just one of those who had decamped from LE, no idea of the trials and tribulations you've been through.

When/if you get a price on the Vetro black, I am also interested in buying.
Old 2017-02-19, 9:33am

Harriet,
What a shock to hear about your illness. I wish you the very best. There is another lampworker, Chuck Pefley, who was just recently diagnosed with this nasty illness. You probably don't know me, but I have been a quiet participant both here and wet canvas, so definitely know of you. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Lots of love,
Stefanie

Old 2017-02-19, 2:51pm

Harriet, so very sorry to hear about you health issues. If you feel up to it, maybe make a quick tutorial on your enamel watercolor flower beads. I have the one by Lavender ? From Germany. I bet many of us would buy.
Old 2017-02-21, 2:12pm
Shelarious

Harriet, I am so sorry. Your beautiful beads were an inspiration to me when I first got started lampworking. I am not too far away to pick up if you want to sell locally.

Old 2017-02-21, 6:27pm

Thinking of you & wishing you were well! Admire you work so much! Carolyn
Old 2017-02-22, 7:58pm

Harriet, I am thinking of you and praying that a lung is found soon for your transplant. On another note, i am very interested in purchasing pieces of your glass studio when you get everything situated and ready to sell stuff. Please keep me in mind! ((HUGS)). Lisa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2017-02-25, 7:05pm
da General

Harriet, I am so sorry to hear about your illness and wishing a transplant becomes available for you soon!

As for Vetrofond black, I have traded silver glass for them and am interested in purchasing some from you once your figure out the price!

Have always loved your work. Your blog posts broke my heart...

|
|
|
|
Old 2017-02-25, 7:37pm
Loving learning

I don't have any input on the Vet. black (never had any, and I do know some people really like it just not how much it goes for), but wanted to just say hugs as you go along your health journey, and hopefully a transplant will be a reality for you soon.
Old 2017-03-02, 6:27am

Harriet,
I have no want for your glass, but I did want to send my caring thoughts as well.
You were a huge inspiration to me in my beadmaking.
Your legacy is in many of our beads....
I hope your health journey will be the best it can be.

joanne

- A work in progress

Tags
black, glass rods, vetrofond