Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2014-05-09, 11:02am

Default Order turn-around times

I have been curious about order shipping turn around times for a while now.
**Before you read any further, please understand that I am in no way pointing fingers at any certain vendor....this is just a general curiosity of mine**

I'll try to describe an example scenario so please be patient with me....If I place and pay for an order early in the morning and select 2-day priority shipping, shouldn't that order be picked and processed at LEAST in 24 hours (if not same day?)

I know some companies are VERY prompt about the turn around times and others not so prompt. If I'm sending ANY particular vendor my money and especially if I'm paying for expedited shipping I expect it to get to the mail facility/be picked up that same day.

I also understand that vendors may or may not have certain policies outlining their shipping procedures and I appreciate that.

Thanks in advance!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Duane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-05-09, 1:53pm
Against the Grain

I don't really expect things to be shipped the same day. It does happen, and when it does, I consider it to be excellent service. I usually don't expect it to happen on a Monday when orders that came in over the weekend may be piled up. Also I don't really consider 2-day USPS priority shipping to be expedited shipping. 2-day UPS or FedEx, yes. There's a big difference in cost, and I wouldn't pay it unless I was really really in a hurry. Nothing irks me more than to pay for overnight or 2-day UPS or FedEx service and have it not shipped for 2 to 3 days, especially if the weekend comes into play.

Old 2014-05-09, 3:27pm
Melody of Glass

What baffles me is Amazon's ship times. It's Friday. I can pay to have it delivered in one day which will get to me Monday or use my Amazon Prime membership (which I also pay for!) for "free" two day shipping to get it to me Wednesday. Um....perhaps Amazon should be ordering themselves a calculator and a calendar.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2014-05-09, 6:50pm

Lynn, Goidelic point! I didn't specify usps or ups. Here's a better example: if I place an order on a Thursday afternoon or a Friday morning and UPS is the only shipping method I might ask for two- day delivery. I know there's a weekend involved, too. If I don't get my delivery ( not just glass but anything) by 7:00pm the following Wednesday I'm going to be a little disappointed.

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2014-05-09, 6:55pm
Against the Grain

Quote:
Lynn, Goidelic point! I didn't specify usps or ups. Here's a better example: if I place an order on a Thursday afternoon or a Friday morning and UPS is the only shipping method I might ask for two- day delivery. I know there's a weekend involved, too. If I don't get my delivery ( not just glass but anything) by 7:00pm the following Wednesday I'm going to be a little disappointed.

Duane
That seems like a reasonable expectation on your part.

Old 2014-05-09, 7:41pm

It sounds like the 2 day thing refers to the clock starting once it has actually shipped. The thing that irritates me is when the package gets handed off to the USPS by FedEx to make the delivery. The ironic thing is that way usually is faster. Go figure...

Andrea
Old 2014-05-10, 3:15pm

Well I have a day job so my orders get done at night. Now that my day job is working for myself they might get done a little faster. So I pack nights and weekends. It takes a lot of time to pull glass, weight it, pack it and ship it. I have had orders take me an entire weekend to pull.Plus I just round up the rod and give it away most of the time. Most vendors have an additional step where they invoice you and that takes time to do too. There's only people at the shipping end not machines. Yet. If you are paying for priority that is the shipping rate only and it is required for over 13 ounces if using USPS. It is not extra money to the vendor to put your order at the top of the list.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2014-05-11, 10:43pm

If I know that I'm dealing with a person working out of their home (not eBay), then I give a couple of days.

If it's a regular store with employees, I would expect it shipped same day or the very next day. eBay should ship the same day its paid for.