Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2021-11-16, 6:31pm
Valparaíso - Chile

Default How to connect an oxigen concentrator to the torch.

Hi, please, I need to know how to connect an oxygen concentrator to the torch.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

@cristallo_perle
Old 2021-11-16, 6:46pm

Just a hose from concentrator to torch. My torch and concentrator both have barbed fittings so I shove the hose and tighten down hose clamps on the hose over the barbs. If your concentrator doesn’t have a barb look for Christmas tree barb on Amazon. You can just screw it on the air output
Old 2021-11-17, 8:32am

You can also make a short 'adapter' hose with B-fittings on one end and cut hose on the other. Then you can run regular B-fitting (both ends) hoses from adapter to torch. Any short length of hose should work, red or green. McMaster Carr or Mountain Glass are good sources for hose and fittings. Good luck!
Old 2021-11-17, 9:17am
Faith Inspired Artistry

Hi. Also after you have connected the hose to both the oxycon and the torch, having tightened the nut & thread, or screw clip, the two fittings up - don’t forget to do a leak test. Oxycon on and torch off - check the hose fittings with a suitable leak-test solution to see if there are any bubbles forming around the joins. If so, apply a little more tightening (a small amount at a time) re-test - making sure that there is a bubble-free line.

Obviously this test also applies to the gas line. (If any of the fittings are nut and thread - remember do not over-tighten)

I trust that you do not mind my mentioning this. When coupling up a new piece of kit - the excitement of wanting to ‘have a go’, the checking that the connections are sound, may slip the mind at that moment.

Last edited by Rara-Flame; 2021-11-17 at 9:21am.
Old 2021-11-18, 5:17pm
Valparaíso - Chile

Thumbs up Thank so much!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeveria View Post
Just a hose from concentrator to torch. My torch and concentrator both have barbed fittings so I shove the hose and tighten down hose clamps on the hose over the barbs. If your concentrator doesn’t have a barb look for Christmas tree barb on Amazon. You can just screw it on the air output
Thanks, thanks, thanks.

@cristallo_perle
Old 2021-11-18, 5:20pm
Valparaíso - Chile

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcktscientist View Post
You can also make a short 'adapter' hose with B-fittings on one end and cut hose on the other. Then you can run regular B-fitting (both ends) hoses from adapter to torch. Any short length of hose should work, red or green. McMaster Carr or Mountain Glass are good sources for hose and fittings. Good luck!
Thank so much!!!

@cristallo_perle
Old 2021-11-18, 5:21pm
Valparaíso - Chile

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rara-Flame View Post
Hi. Also after you have connected the hose to both the oxycon and the torch, having tightened the nut & thread, or screw clip, the two fittings up - don’t forget to do a leak test. Oxycon on and torch off - check the hose fittings with a suitable leak-test solution to see if there are any bubbles forming around the joins. If so, apply a little more tightening (a small amount at a time) re-test - making sure that there is a bubble-free line.

Obviously this test also applies to the gas line. (If any of the fittings are nut and thread - remember do not over-tighten)

I trust that you do not mind my mentioning this. When coupling up a new piece of kit - the excitement of wanting to ‘have a go’, the checking that the connections are sound, may slip the mind at that moment.
Thank you so much!!!

@cristallo_perle
Old 2021-11-18, 5:22pm
Valparaíso - Chile

Thumbs up Thank

Thank you so much to all.

@cristallo_perle
Old 2021-11-22, 8:41am
suechrist

Angry How to connect two 5ml oxygen concentrators to oxy green hose.

My concentrators have no hose fitting. They just have a tiny nipple on a base about the size of a penny. How do I get the clear host to stay on here??? Should I use super glue? I do have a t fitting to attach both hoses from concentrators to a single screw on hose.
Please help. I have been out of luck for over two years with equipment pr.oblems. Now I’ve replaced everything and I have two concentrators that were just n ewly reconditioned.

etsy
Old 2021-11-22, 5:04pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by suechrist View Post
My concentrators have no hose fitting. They just have a tiny nipple on a base about the size of a penny. How do I get the clear host to stay on here??? Should I use super glue? I do have a t fitting to attach both hoses from concentrators to a single screw on hose.
Please help. I have been out of luck for over two years with equipment pr.oblems. Now I’ve replaced everything and I have two concentrators that were just n ewly reconditioned.
Sue, can you post a photo of your nipple on the concentrator?

Tags
concentrator., oxigen., torch