Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2012-08-19, 4:36am

hey i just had a GREAT idea.
yall know how the hippies (and some religious sects) sometimes have a self reliant community?

we should all band together, buy a town, and make it a lampworkers commune. i'm in.
Old 2012-08-19, 5:29am

I'm in! But just for the record I think we already have one, it's called LWE-Boro Room
Old 2012-08-19, 8:29am
Progression in progress

Location: please ask for where i live to send items thank you

NO!!!!!!!! Ours will be much more grand!!!!! There will be clear glass growing straight from the groumd and feilds of color as far as the i can see. A infinite array of tools for every person on their own personal peg board. Kilns that never run out of space and that do not require electricity. Waterfalls of liquid oxygen and bottles of propane that never run dry. Torches that will be as you wish them. Ahhhh that would be our place yes that would be our place............. *twitch*
Old 2012-08-19, 8:59am

well now your just getting silly!

lol, that's quite a fantasy though. that would be heaven!
Old 2012-08-19, 9:19am
Progression in progress

Ya i have quite the imagination lol
Old 2012-08-19, 4:58pm

James you do have quite an imagination lol
Old 2012-08-19, 6:58pm

I don't know anywere that has liqued oxy rivers is going to be cooooold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#C-151
Old 2012-08-19, 8:53pm
Progression in progress

Thats the glory of it i would feel like spring every day
Old 2012-08-20, 9:33am
funny mofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lewis View Post
NO!!!!!!!! Ours will be much more grand!!!!! There will be clear glass growing straight from the groumd and feilds of color as far as the i can see. A infinite array of tools for every person on their own personal peg board. Kilns that never run out of space and that do not require electricity. Waterfalls of liquid oxygen and bottles of propane that never run dry. Torches that will be as you wish them. Ahhhh that would be our place yes that would be our place............. *twitch*
That would make me so happy! I'll join!
Old 2012-08-20, 11:23am
Oh my!

Well what part of the world are we looking at for 'our place?' I live in SoCal and it really gets too hot too often here.
Old 2012-08-20, 11:24am
Oh my!

I actually got a fix in yesterday.
Old 2012-08-20, 11:37am
Lampworkaholic!

Mike, if you don't want the soft glass you were gifted, you could do a giveaway for other newbies. I hope you at least try the Striking Color before throwing in the soft glass towel. If you don't mind some mystery boro colors, lots of blues, greens, and some crayon colors, I can also do a trade. Just give me an idea of what you have and weight. No alabasters, please, I draw the line there, lol!

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-08-20, 11:54am

oh, i'm actually sending out a suprise package for glassactcc this afternoon, so let me see what's left after that....i'm sure there's plenty.

the Striking Color and other reactives you'll have to pry out of my dead cold fingers, because i'm right in love with that stuff!
i for sure won't stop using soft glass...today i made a few soft frit beads and twisties for fun, then working on my boro pipes. i finally pulled off a couple that didn't crack! i've decided to make 10 pipes (that don't crack) w/o color in order to get the tech down more, then i'll start adding color and fuming. i know i can do it, pipes are just too new to me to have any confidence in.
Old 2012-08-20, 8:34pm

I am a boro addict too. I just got back from my glasscation. A whole week of boro goodness at the Art Glass Invitational (AGI aka glass camp) in Hilliards, PA. A week of demos from the masters, a torch set up of my own, and lots of friendly folks who share their knowledge and passion for flameworking. I got to use a lathe for the first time and flared out a beer bottle. I learned how to use my blow hose and made sea shells. Bought glass out of the back of Roger Paramore's truck. Used a phantom for the first time and want to buy one.

They provide all meals so you don't have to leave, the gas is on at 830 am and shuts off at 130 am. I'm signed up for next year already. I plan this further in advance than I do my family vacation. This is the fantasy world described above but it's only one week a year.

PS - some of these posts were hysterical.
Old 2012-08-20, 10:09pm
Progression in progress

You must lead us to this promised land lol haha. We have found our place lol. *In all honesty i am beging to scare myself* twitch only two more days till i can get my new studio setup
Old 2012-08-21, 3:37am

oh boy, i can make it to PA in 6 or 8 hours, so next year i'm in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchgirl View Post
I am a boro addict too. I just got back from my glasscation. A whole week of boro goodness at the Art Glass Invitational (AGI aka glass camp) in Hilliards, PA. A week of demos from the masters, a torch set up of my own, and lots of friendly folks who share their knowledge and passion for flameworking. I got to use a lathe for the first time and flared out a beer bottle. I learned how to use my blow hose and made sea shells. Bought glass out of the back of Roger Paramore's truck. Used a phantom for the first time and want to buy one.

They provide all meals so you don't have to leave, the gas is on at 830 am and shuts off at 130 am. I'm signed up for next year already. I plan this further in advance than I do my family vacation. This is the fantasy world described above but it's only one week a year.

PS - some of these posts were hysterical.
Old 2012-08-21, 3:37am

Quote:
You must lead us to this promised land lol haha. We have found our place lol. *In all honesty i am beging to scare myself* twitch only two more days till i can get my new studio setup
you need to call in sick to work and get your studio set up.
priorities my friend!
Old 2012-08-21, 8:42am

Hi my name is deb t and I am a BA. I have been feeding the need constantly for the last two months and it has been affecting my social life. (I haven't been to this forum) for a couple of months.) So good to be back and hear that my friends are still all here. I am heading to Glass Stock West next week and I don't think it will help curb my boro addiction, but it will help with my social skills.
You guys have made my morning, especially you James, too funny....

Old 2012-08-21, 8:44am

welcome, grab a coffee and join us.

you've made the first and most important step...admitting you have a problem!
Old 2012-08-21, 8:55am
No Longer an LE Member

I reeeeelllly llike the idea of a glass commune - share tools, learn lots about glass together IT WOULD REALLY BE FABULOUS ! somewhere like N or Central California - someone has to start a non-profit probably ....hmmm must look into this... there was a place in Harmony Ca ( just outside of SLO) small town only like 20 residents but they dint commune it ......great idea tho
Old 2012-08-21, 1:49pm
Progression in progress

I have ran out of witty things to say however i would like to get that studio up and running i seem to have developed a rash and some sort of boils were i keep rubbing my chin from the constent ponderings of my glass condention. It has made me come to the conclusion that i have some how gained sodium boronix cancer i must do glasswork within the week or i may possibly slip into a glass deficiencies coma. Not good *twitch*
Old 2012-08-21, 10:21pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyregallerie View Post
I reeeeelllly llike the idea of a glass commune - share tools, learn lots about glass together IT WOULD REALLY BE FABULOUS ! somewhere like N or Central California - someone has to start a non-profit probably ....hmmm must look into this... there was a place in Harmony Ca ( just outside of SLO) small town only like 20 residents but they dint commune it ......great idea tho

Next time you are in Harmony, look on the wall in the bar and you should see a check from "Yoshio USA". That was my late DH and I-we used to love to go to Harmony and the town was for sale once when we were there. Some great memories.

All my children have paws
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2012-08-22, 12:53am

Quote:
I have ran out of witty things to say however i would like to get that studio up and running i seem to have developed a rash and some sort of boils were i keep rubbing my chin from the constent ponderings of my glass condention. It has made me come to the conclusion that i have some how gained sodium boronix cancer i must do glasswork within the week or i may possibly slip into a glass deficiencies coma. Not good *twitch*
lol very funny
Old 2012-08-23, 5:53pm

Smile I love this thread

The boro room has some great posts and this one is funny, I love it. Jamie keep pushin us older farts and we will give you feed back
Old 2012-08-23, 7:02pm
Progression in progress

I just write what pops into my head at the time.
Old 2012-08-24, 5:30am

Hi. My name's Duane. I mostly play with soft glass but have some boro. I wouldn't say its an addiction (denial ) Its not an addiction if you don't get caught, right??

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2012-08-24, 6:12am
Progression in progress

My friend do not *play* with these dark forces i *played* with them and now all think about is glass its madding i tell you madding hehe hahaha *carried in a straight jacket*
Old 2012-08-27, 12:35pm
Oh my!

Hello fellow addicts (twitch), it has been days since my last torch time (twitch). I do not think I will get any in today (twitch). Withdrawal is a bitch (twitch).
Old 2012-08-27, 1:32pm

w/d does suck, not so much as mucking up the mouthpiece of the best pipe i've made yet. it's still usable, but not so much sellable.
Old 2012-08-27, 1:57pm
Progression in progress

It cant be all that bad. At least not as bad as the shed was suppose to be cleared out last week. And you just getting a ton of new colors to play around with but you cant even do that now. This is really driving me up the wall.