Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-12-26, 2:04pm
Feuer,Flamme and Tattoo's

Default Picasa 3 versus 2

The other day I got the update to Picasa 3 without thinking, and realize now it got more complicated to transfer pictures for me that is.. Is anyone out there knowledgable fow to get back to 2?
Katja
Old 2008-12-26, 4:33pm
burnin' glass just becuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutti-frutti View Post
The other day I got the update to Picasa 3 without thinking, and realize now it got more complicated to transfer pictures for me that is.. Is anyone out there knowledgable fow to get back to 2?
Katja

i wouldn't downgrade, version 3 has some really nice and much needed new features. i just stopped using the transfer (since v.2). i find it simpler to upload the pics directly to the specified "My pictures" folder in windows, then i open picasa, wait a couple seconds while it updates its folder view and then begin editing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland
Old 2008-12-30, 4:11am
Feuer,Flamme and Tattoo's

Thanks I wil look into this.
Katja
Old 2008-12-30, 8:32am
burnin' glass just becuz

no probs. if you do decide to go back to 2.7 here's a link to the downgrade instructions: http://www.google.com/support/forum/...2b886d97&hl=en

unlike the person who posted that it didn't work, if you save the download file to your desktop (rather than hit run/open), disconnect from the internet and then install picasa2 and change the automatic update function, it should work. don't forget to uninstall picasa3 and reboot your computer first though... good luck!

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland