LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-09-28, 10:13am
Mary Lockwood

Default Companion kit to my Jellyfish Tutorial.

Want to make jellyfish beads from my tutorial but don't want to make the canes? I can help you!

Sometimes we don't like to make the canes, don't have time to make the canes or just simply need to see finished samples of what the canes should look/feel like.

I listed a kit in which you get the tricky canes listed in my Jellyfish Tutorial premade!

They are in my etsy shop.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/59511305/jellyfish-lampwork-beadmaking-canes-kit

There are 5 left!

Thanks for looking!
~~Mary

marylockwood.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Moth; 2013-02-05 at 10:31am.
Old 2010-09-28, 11:02am

Who, hoooooo, thanks Mary

Gotta love this

Val

Old 2010-09-28, 11:17am

Default Skill level

Hi Mary.
I would love to give this a try! Seeing as I have never done anything like this before I am concerned about whether I would be able to make anything recognizeable
So I am wondering if you can give me an idea of the skill level required!
Again, I really want to give this a shot especially because of your wonderful offer!
Thanks so much.
Karen
Old 2010-09-28, 11:38am
Against the Grain

Brilliant idea Mary!

Old 2010-09-28, 11:39am
Mary Lockwood

Karen, if you visit my website and go to the tutorials page you can see sample pages of the tutorial to help you determine if you think you can do it or not.

I would consider this an intermediate tutorial, however, I wrote the instructions at a beginner level. aka- I didn't leave anything out at all. It's surprising I don't remind you to blink. LOL

Beginners might think it is pretty challenging, but even if all you can do is learn to make the canes it is a good building block and will teach you quite a bit about heat control.

Honestly..at this price you can't go wrong. This is more than $10 worth of supplies and the first ten sold get a tutorial to boot. I'm really hoping these are popular so I wanted to kick them off big.

Thanks so much for asking and for everyone who has purchased one (or several) already.

Have fun.
~~Mary

Old 2010-09-28, 12:04pm

Mary,
I just want to say that you are a real jewel!!
So giving and caring!!
I wish I had the skills to take advantage of this, but I know it would be wasted, but I wanted you to know how great I think you are!!!!

granny
Old 2010-09-28, 12:54pm

Default Skill level

Thanks Mary.
I'm going to give it a try.
Can't wait!
Karen
Old 2010-09-28, 1:04pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Dang, they appear to be sold out.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-09-28, 2:45pm
Wendy

Well, I got mine squid. Neener neener! LOL! Hey, I'll let you come look at it when it comes, k?

(I hope you know I'm teasing.... but I did get one.)

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2010-09-28, 7:01pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Ha - what a meanie!!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-09-28, 8:00pm
Cancer SUCKS!

bummer, they are gone~

Old 2010-09-28, 8:37pm
OY and Psyche Junkie

Darn it, always late on these great deals!

Cheers
Kathy

Minor with one concentrator

Old 2010-09-28, 9:04pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Rats, me too.

Old 2010-09-29, 5:26am
Wendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Ha - what a meanie!!
Oh yeah.. that's so me!

I'm hoping that buying the kit will push me to try the bead since I've read the tutorial at least a dozen times and never tried it.

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2010-09-29, 9:50am
Mary Lockwood

Yeppers, sorry that these are all gone for now guys. I've just never sold or shipped anything just like this before and I want to get these ten delivered and find out they all made it safe and sound before I list a bunch of them.

I've done my best packing them safely, and Lord knows they are going all over the place so this is a good test run. Canada, California, North Carolina, Arizona, etc. We should get a pretty good idea of how well these delicate canes travel.

I don't mean to concern anyone who ordered one of these. LOL Just wanted to explain why I don't have 20 more listed yet.

Well...that and because I don't have any more ivory or transparent blue glass to put in the packages. LOL

Each set of canes is carefully bundled together, wrapped first in tissue, then in a texture rubberized sheet, then in bubble wrap. The silver leaf is folded in a sheet of paper and taped to the inside of an index card. The pixie dust is in a tiny zip bag taped to the outside of that same index card. The murrini are in a tiny zip bag and taped to the other side of that index card.

All of it is bundled up together in more bubble wrap, the invoice and the 'getting the most from your kit' sheet is wrapped around it. It is put into a priority mail shoe box sized box and padded up.

If every single one of these don't make it in perfect shape I'll be devastated, but I can't move forward until I know for sure.

Hugs.
~~Mary

Last edited by Moth; 2010-09-30 at 5:21pm.
Old 2010-09-29, 9:25pm

LOL! After reading all the kit contents I'm even more envious that I missed out

Crossing my fingers for better luck next time around!

Marianne.
Old 2010-09-29, 9:44pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

....and I shall be stalking this thread. Hurry up packages, get there already.

Do you see me stalking? Like a wolf. A glass wolf. Stalk stalk stalk.

OK, I seriously need to go to bed, LOL.

Old 2010-09-30, 2:48am
Favorite color is shiny

darn doodly dooo!!! how did i miss this? grrrr*

okay, stalking with other stalkers

*to all beginners out there leery of purchasing due to skill level. I'm a beginner too but I bought the jellyfish tut awhile back. I would go ahead and purchase the "kit" even as a beginner. Once my skill level progresses I'll have everything I need to make beautiful jellyfish beads.

***JMO (just my opinion)

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!

---> LE
Old 2010-09-30, 10:48am
Mary Lockwood

I made beads from one of the kits I put together just as testers and wanted to show them!

This green one contains the ribbon twisty, the kelp cane, the urchin murrini and the tentacle cane from the kit:

This blue one only has the tentacle cane but you can see it better on the plain background in the image.

~~Mary

Old 2010-09-30, 12:29pm
Master Procrastinator

Those beads are amazing Mary! Stalking this thread too!

Old 2010-09-30, 1:35pm

I bow to you Mary, simply amazing! I three am stalking.

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2010-09-30, 2:59pm

Yes I missed it also. Darn.

Rose Leslie
Old 2010-09-30, 9:04pm
OY and Psyche Junkie

Those beads are awesome Mary! Count me in as Stalker #4!

Cheers
Kathy

Minor with one concentrator

Old 2010-10-01, 12:44am

I am a stalker too!
Old 2010-10-01, 6:25am
Formerly FishBulb

You should take names for a waiting list Mary! What a fantastic idea.

If a person only has money for one glass tutorial, your jellyfish tut is the one they should buy. This could be a book unto itself and is chock full of useful info.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-10-01, 6:42am

Wow - I'm sorry I missed out too! I would happily pre-pay for a kit if you would ever consider doing that...
Thanks for all you share with this community Mary!
Jenny

Old 2010-10-01, 7:46am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Prepay...yes, Jenny...great idea....don't you think this is a great idea, Mary??????????
Ready to tackle the bead with a kit,
Pat
Old 2010-10-01, 8:34am

Default The Eagle has Landed!

Hi Mary,
I wanted to let u know that I received my package today and all is well. That was quite the packaging job! . I can't see how anything could have broken even if it wanted to! Thanks so much.
Now I just need the tut. If u would PM me please.

Thanks again,
Karen
Old 2010-10-01, 8:55am
Wendy

Mary, I'm sending you a PM as well but the kit got here today and everything is in absolutely pristine condition. My daughter is home on a teacher workday and her and her friend have ooohed and ahhhed over all the pieces completely amazed. Thanks so much for offering this!

Quote:
Old 2010-10-01, 11:22am
Mary Lockwood