These are my favorite beads ever!
Old 2009-09-18, 10:03am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadDesignsByCarol View Post
Thank you, Amy.

These are my favorite beads ever!
That makes them even extra special.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-09-18, 10:23am

Default favorites

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
That makes them even extra special.
well.......I do have lots of favorites! These are at the top of the list.
Old 2009-09-18, 10:35am

Thank so much for this wonderful tutorial Amy. The layout is excellent, your explanations are great and the photos are just gorgeous! Can't wait to play!
Old 2009-09-18, 10:39am
Storm Queen

Thank you Patty!

Old 2009-09-18, 10:53am

I just bought the tut and can't wait to start reading it over. I also bought some of the Olympia Rain from DH. But I have other DH colors I can use till I get the DH.

I'm a bit of a novice (only 1 yr. torching) so it will be interesting to see how well I'm able to comprehend it.

Thanks Amy!!!!

Old 2009-09-18, 11:00am
Storm Queen

You're welcome Barb....and thank you for your purchase. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Old 2009-09-18, 12:13pm

Amy, what other colors work well other than Olympia Rain? Looks wonderful!

May the love of animals inspire you, teach you & heal you...
Old 2009-09-18, 12:27pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrina View Post
Amy, what other colors work well other than Olympia Rain? Looks wonderful!
Just about any reduction glass can be stormed. In the tutorial I had to select just a few or I would have gone on for another 15 pages. I used Aurae, Triton, Psyche, Zeus, Golden Emerald and Taxco as well as Olympia Rain. There is a resource section on the last page of the tutorial with all the glass used and where to purchase it.

Old 2009-09-18, 2:50pm

I just printed your tutorial, can't wait to give it a try this weekend!
Thanks so much!
Shirley
Old 2009-09-18, 3:00pm
Storm Queen

Thanks Shirley! Hey....now did it look printed? I didn't really do high res pictures so I was curious if it looks okay.

Old 2009-09-18, 3:19pm

Smile

Amy, the printed copy looks great and the colors are pretty vivid - I guess the printed copy results may depend upon each person's printer.
Thanks again for sharing your wonderful techniques and giving us such a well written and photographed tutorial!!!
Shirley
Old 2009-09-18, 3:22pm
Storm Queen

Cool Shirley, that's good to know. And you're very welcome!

Old 2009-09-18, 3:32pm
Ready to hit the road

OK, Amy, I sold some beads today, so I bought your tutorial. I've always been an admirer of your beads, and thanks for sharing how to make such lovely creations.

Old 2009-09-18, 3:34pm
Storm Queen

Thank you Betsy.

Old 2009-09-19, 6:15pm
Ready to hit the road

Such a simple technique for such lovely results!
Here's my first one (Aurae):

And here's the second one, howl of anquish, my propane ran out in the middle of it!

Amy, thanks again for sharing. Monday I'm going to spend the entire morning making storm beads and playing with different colors. Yum!!!

Old 2009-09-19, 6:37pm
Storm Queen

Oh Betsy those are just gorgeous! Be sure to show them in the Gallery thread too!

Old 2009-09-19, 7:41pm

The bead I made today was better but still not good enough for the gallery. I need to get my bubbles to spread out bigger!

Beautiful beads, especially that first one, Betsy!

ETA: I know you weren't asking me to post my stuff in the gallery, LOL!

Last edited by Carols Glass; 2009-09-20 at 12:39pm.
Old 2009-09-20, 9:21am

Well........last night's bead was shaped pretty good but I changed the kind of red I used and the colors look bad to me. I might take a pic of it and see what you think.
Old 2009-09-20, 12:36pm
Heal with Steel

Holy Crap Amy, simply amazing!! I purchased your tut and within seconds "I had Mail" I have always admired your creations. Thank you so much for sharing this technique with us, the tutorial is fantastic with great pics, descriptions and color suggestions. I had to put down my sewing project to go out to my torch and give it a try!

Again, thanks so very much!
Old 2009-09-20, 12:40pm

I just can't stop looking at Betsy's beautiful beads here!
Old 2009-09-20, 12:42pm
Storm Queen

Thanks Eli! I'm so glad this tutorial is inspiring people!

Old 2009-09-20, 2:53pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I got mine...just downloaded it after purchase. I've kind of glanced through it and it looks like even I can make these with some effort! Everything is (so far) very clear, even to my newbie brain!

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2009-09-20, 10:55pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

After looking at all your beads, I gotta have this tute too.

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2009-09-21, 5:34am

I just bought the tut and it came through so quickly, thanks.
Spent my lunch time reading it and its all really clear and nicely laid out.
I am sure I will have no problem and thank you for sharing this technique.
I think its a great tut and I personally recommend it as good value.

Plus I had a couple of "oh and what if I tried that" moments so its got me thinking.

"Every time you act on your imagination a thought gives birth, this is creation" (Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy shop:
Old 2009-09-21, 9:23am
Storm Queen

Thanks you guys!

Old 2009-09-22, 12:49pm
KAS Lampwork Beads

Just bought the tut! Brilliant! I would have never guessed the technique. Thank you! Kas

My ETSY STORE:

Old 2009-09-22, 1:45pm
Storm Queen

You're welcome Kas and thanks for purchasing it!

Old 2009-09-23, 7:58am
Puddy Cat Lover

Amy,
I'm only half way through with reading this and I'm sooo excited! You did a wonderful job explaining things. Having written a tutorial myself, I know how hard you must have worked on this. Getting the pictures right is half the battle, and you did a great job with the all the photos. I can't tell you how happy I am that you decided to do this tutorial. It is worth every penny and more. Now I'm off to buy some hades.
(((Amy)))

J.

Old 2009-09-23, 10:39am
Storm Queen

Thank you Jeanette! I'm so glad everyone is finding it easy to understand.