Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-06-18, 3:36am
BeadsonCypress

Default What happened to John Winter??

I met John at the opening of the new school in MD a couple of months ago ust after Beadfest Philadelphia announced their schedule. He was giving a metals/glass class and we discussed it. I just went to sign up for the class (he had 2 metals/glass and 2 others) and they are GONE!!! Not full, his bio has even been removed!!

Anyone have a clue??

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2009-06-18, 5:22am
Still makin' flowers...

His schedule changed after an issue at the Santa Fe Bead Fest, and he's not doing as many classes.

I just spoke with him yesterday. He's just completed an artist-in-residence position, and sent me some photos he had taken. He's a fantastic photographer - I'll ask him if I can post some of them next time I talk with him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2009-06-18, 6:11am

That's too bad....John is a lot of fun in his classes! I took my first class from him at Arrowmont.
Old 2009-06-18, 11:30am
BeadsonCypress

Well darn.....

Old 2009-06-22, 7:08am
ManBearPig

I talked to John not long ago, and he told me the story behind it. I probably shouldn't post the whole story here, but basically his classes were canceled without his knowledge.

However, if you are looking for some classes to take at Beadfest, I can recommend a couple...

Old 2009-06-22, 7:23am
Still makin' flowers...

ROFL! Aren't you teaching, Cosmo?

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2009-06-22, 8:18am
ManBearPig

Yeah...

Old 2009-07-06, 8:23am
AKA: Noodlesaurus

John will be here at my studio Sept 5-6. If you are still intersted. He will be teacheing the metal/glass class. Drop me a line if intrested!!

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2009-07-06, 8:52am
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I talked to John not long ago, and he told me the story behind it. I probably shouldn't post the whole story here, but basically his classes were canceled without his knowledge.

However, if you are looking for some classes to take at Beadfest, I can recommend a couple...

That just sucks. I have some of his videos - He's very talented and such a gentleman with dry wit.
Old 2009-07-06, 11:43am
BeadsonCypress

too bad Palmerton was so far in western PA.....I did check the beadfest classes and not too many lampwork classes in soft glass and i am still a "newbie" due to vision issues. I know from watching him demo, this would be a good glass for me (abstract, not detailed stringer work)... Susan

Old 2009-07-06, 12:31pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadsoncypress View Post
too bad Palmerton was so far in western PA.....I did check the beadfest classes and not too many lampwork classes in soft glass and i am still a "newbie" due to vision issues. I know from watching him demo, this would be a good glass for me (abstract, not detailed stringer work)... Susan
If you want to learn borosilicate, take my pendant class. I have had a lot of people take it who have never taken any borosilicate classes before. I've even taught it to people as their first glass class ever.

Old 2009-07-09, 1:56pm
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Susan, Palmerton is 1 1/2 due north of Bead fest. not ion western PA at all, drop me a line.

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....