Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-02-12, 6:44am
Gay rights R human rights

I tried out the tutorial in the newbie thread for one of Don's hearts....here is how it turned out...
It was a great tutorial, very easy to follow. Thanks Don!

Leslie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-02-12, 7:42am

Beautiful heart, Leslie - I've been making hearts too for Val Day. Here's one using the Parramore pink (nice and smooth and easy to use)... and a lentil...

Sandy

Old 2008-02-12, 10:39am
Flame Dame

Sandy,
Gorgeous lentil...mind asking what you used to make it?

Leah

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-02-12, 10:55am

Thanks, Leah. I am guessing here but I think it might have been: GA Blue Luster base, GA Amazon Jewel and GA Silver Strike 5 Frit and some NS Extra Light Yellow large frit on top of that and then striped diagonally with clear. It caught some really nice metallic luster - I always love when that happens!!

Sandy
Old 2008-02-13, 10:03am
Gay rights R human rights

I am having a great time trying out the tutorials in the newbie thread....
Here is my version of Paula's wishing stone pendant.

Leslie

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-02-13, 11:28am

Here are some from me. I've been playing with color and focals:

Old 2008-02-13, 12:53pm
Flame Dame

I've been experimenting with more frits!

Leah
Attached Images

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-02-13, 1:01pm

So have I Leah! Here's one of the latest (ignore the dime, it's one of my Etsy pics )

Old 2008-02-13, 2:35pm

Doing the fuming thing.

Old 2008-02-13, 3:01pm
The Venerable Bead

there's alot of beautiful boro here I have been busy with the keys.
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2008-02-13, 5:58pm

I would like to show a bit this month....all just Caramel and Clear!

Thanks for the inspirational pictures in Feb.

Brenda
Attached Images

Old 2008-02-13, 6:57pm
Fire and Fluidity

You are welcome Leslie. I love the colors in that one.

-Don-

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Old 2008-02-14, 6:41pm
No Problem!

Loving all the goodies gang! Those blues and greens are super vibrant Leah, I really like those colors, I'm a sucker for cubes too, neato.

Here's my pride & joy for this past week..a whole set of blown boro spheres..appropriately named..
"Orbits"

While I'm at it here's a focal (blown of course)..
"Fire Garden"

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-02-14, 7:05pm

Excellent work EVERYONE!!!!

Leah, I especially love that stunning blue set!!

Paula, spectacular implode!

Beau... well what can I say? I'm a FAN!

Brenda, deliciously dreamsicle!

Wonker, way to go on the fuming! It's ethereal!

Kim V... nice new color combo! Perfect for spring!

Dawn, terrific job, I'm LOVING the middle one!!!

Leslie, way to go, you're getting a fantastic organic feel to those!! and love the heart too!

Sandy, fantastic sea colors in that first one, and the heart is nice and pink!

Thanks for showing the goods, everyone!
Jo
Old 2008-02-17, 3:45am
Mummy to 3 Little Elves

There's some seriously fabulous stuff shown on these three pages. Wow. The colours are amazing. Wow!

Old 2008-02-17, 10:41pm
Boro Brat

You all rock!!

Old 2008-02-18, 1:11pm

I love all of this!!!

The round beads are awsome! Every time I make something I intend to make round I squish it into a lentil!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-02-18, 8:52pm

Beau's incredible blown beads have inspired me to get my butt in gear and practise. I have a long way to go before I reach his level of talent. This was intended to be a bead, however, I went another direction...as you can see

Old 2008-02-19, 12:01am
No Problem!

Aw Pshaww.. Looks like you're on your way Heidi, it became a beautiful vessel instead of a bunch of shards in the can..that's always a good thing when it's worthy of the kiln and not the can...

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-02-19, 4:30am
See my quote!!

Trying my hand at crosses. Loving all the inspiring work here.

Old 2008-02-19, 5:32am

That is very purty Shelly

R-118
Old 2008-02-19, 2:33pm
sunscreen me baby

I think I'm ready to show you something I'm proud of

only I'm not sure what colors I used, lol.
Attached Images

~

Old 2008-02-19, 2:35pm
sunscreen me baby

I love seeing what people have done.

~

Old 2008-02-19, 2:42pm

Great stuff everyone. New to Boro, I can't make a bead on the mandrel with out cuting through the mandrel LOL But I love the off mandrel stuff.

Scott

ESTY
Old 2008-02-19, 2:45pm

ok, now I HAVE to try that sunflower cane!
Old 2008-02-19, 2:55pm
sunscreen me baby

I agree! Gorgeous Scott.

~

Old 2008-02-19, 2:59pm
Serenity Now!

Beautiful work everyone!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2008-02-20, 12:34am
See my quote!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathie View Post
That is very purty Shelly
Thank you

“The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions not our circumstances”. - Martha Washington

Old 2008-02-20, 12:35am
See my quote!!

Scott those are gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Love what you have done with the Momkas Sunflower.

“The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions not our circumstances”. - Martha Washington

Old 2008-02-20, 12:37am
See my quote!!

Another cross from me.