Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-12-09, 10:07am
Obsessive Torch Disorder

Default Which Cattwalk press should I buy?

Does anyone have the Button and/or the Pastille press? Which one do you prefer and WHY?

I'm a Zoolii press buyer, but want to step into the Cattwalk arena and see what they have to offer...

Thanks very much!
~Lynn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
Old 2006-12-09, 10:26am
sunscreen me baby

I have both and they are different enough I wouldn't live without either.

The pastille is a more delicate bead. It takes less glass than the button and feels very soft in your hand. Your finger likes the little indentation on the flat sides of the bead. Until the button came out it was the press I grabbed first.
The button takes a significant amount of glass, and offers four cavities. The extra one over the pastille is a bigger cavity. For that alone, I would choose the button. The edges are straight and the top and bottom swell up in a gently dome.
But honestly, whichever one you choose I think you will be happy.

~

Old 2006-12-09, 1:12pm
A True Woofer

I love them both, but prefer the button.

Old 2006-12-09, 6:33pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
I have both and they are different enough I wouldn't live without either.

The pastille is a more delicate bead. It takes less glass than the button and feels very soft in your hand. Your finger likes the little indentation on the flat sides of the bead. Until the button came out it was the press I grabbed first.
The button takes a significant amount of glass, and offers four cavities. The extra one over the pastille is a bigger cavity. For that alone, I would choose the button. The edges are straight and the top and bottom swell up in a gently dome.
But honestly, whichever one you choose I think you will be happy.
Ditto.