Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-12-12, 10:25am
On A Lampwork Hiatus

Default Installing a Kiln Controller... ??

Hiya,

I just purchased a used Arrow Springs ASC/3 kiln controller.. I have an AIM 84BD kiln with the pyrometer and infinite switch.. It looks like all I do is put the controller pyrometer into the kiln and plug the kiln into the controller and the controller into the wall.. There has to be something more complicated than that.. That just seems too easy, like wires or something..

And if it is that simple.. What do I put the manual on and off switch to? Like do I set it all the way up to 10 and then let the controller do the work..?

Help..
Old 2006-12-12, 10:49am
What, Me Worry?

Yes Virginia there really is a Santa Claus ... it really is that easy.

Just set the AIM's manual switch to max (10) so it's contacts stay closed all the time... and let the Controller do all the work.

Me
Old 2006-12-12, 11:50am
Storm Queen

How did you know which controller to buy? I have an Arrow Springs AF99...guess I should call AS and ask which controller to get....when I have the $$.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-12-12, 1:00pm

Yep just like bhhco said. It is just that easy with a pre-wired plug in controller.
Plug the kiln in to the controller, Plug the controller in ,insert your thermocouple,set the dial on the kiln to 10 or HI and your done.

Quote:
How did you know which controller to buy? I have an Arrow Springs AF99
Basicly wich ever kiln you have. You just need to know what voltage your kiln work on 110v-120v or if its a 220v-240v kiln. and how many amps or watts it draws.
then you need to decide if you need one that can do ramping and soak programs or if you just need one that holds a single setpoint.