Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-06-01, 8:55am
yukue fumei

Default Stormy Weather

This is a continuation of the Stormy Weather discussion from Jo's thread. Didn't want to hijack her thread any more than I did--sorry Jo!

That is Stormy Weather from Momka's glass
The sculpture shows the color that blooms just from making the sculpture(I did twist as I put the color down, but didn't do any striking). On that photo, the flattened area is where I patted the glass with a graphite marver. It bloomed green.

On beads I got the dark brown spots that need to be struck to purple
These are Stormy Weather base with Blue Treasure twistie decoration and topped with Antique Beauty murrini, Gerber Red and Sunflower....

here is another test bead that came out too dark for me, but it shows you just how deep that opaque purple can get.

it is awesome as stringer....here it is on a base of Almond Nugget:

And here is my preliminary test for it encased. I am going to assume that it will be tan in large marbles. This marble is small and worked very quickly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-06-01, 9:07am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

I just mailed Momka about this color lol' I'll bet she's going nuts over all of us hoarders

Old 2007-06-01, 9:22am
yukue fumei

LOL!!!

nagi

Old 2007-06-01, 9:25am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I emailed her last night and she said it was in production - sounds like it is going to be a regular color?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-06-01, 9:58am
yukue fumei

WAAAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nagi

Old 2007-06-01, 10:16am

Thanks for posting the marble Nagi.
Old 2007-06-01, 10:18am
HourGlass Studio

Nagi...any pics of mystic rose. Sounds like a wonderful color.

I hope that stormy weather becomes a reg production color - its awesome !!!
Old 2007-06-01, 10:29am

I just got off the phone with Momka and the Stormy Weather is going to be a production color. This means that now is the time to order. It is currently $50/pound, but she said that in the next one or two weeks it will be priced as a production color and will run $70/pound.

They also have sample packs available of the new colors. They are $40 for 5-inch rods or $75 for 10-inch rods.

Cheers,

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2007-06-01, 10:34am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightCat View Post
Thanks for posting the marble Nagi.
sure thing NightCat!

nagi

Old 2007-06-01, 10:38am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie L View Post
Nagi...any pics of mystic rose. Sounds like a wonderful color.

I hope that stormy weather becomes a reg production color - its awesome !!!
I will post if you like...maybe in a separate thread so there is no confusion.....I have a marble I made with it but I was in a rush and doesn't showcase the color much.....I'll make another one and post pics, maybe tomorrow. Thanks!!!

nagi

Old 2007-06-01, 10:40am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ewing View Post
I just got off the phone with Momka and the Stormy Weather is going to be a production color. This means that now is the time to order. It is currently $50/pound, but she said that in the next one or two weeks it will be priced as a production color and will run $70/pound.

They also have sample packs available of the new colors. They are $40 for 5-inch rods or $75 for 10-inch rods.

Cheers,
WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmmmm maybe I shoulda gotten more than I got.....that is a $20 per pound difference....what a deal!

nagi

Old 2007-06-01, 11:57am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

I sure hope she got my mail since two out of three bounced back....

Old 2007-06-01, 11:59am
Megra Farbot

Those are amazing, nagi! Momka's colors rock!
Old 2007-06-01, 12:03pm
yukue fumei

thanks Darcy!

it's all Momka! I love her colors--so nice!!!

Suzanne-hope it goes through...if you are worried, I can call her for you and ask her to check for your order?

nagi

Old 2007-06-01, 2:44pm
Gay rights R human rights

have a pound on its way. wish i could afford more. At least its going into production even at a higher price. PSSST anyone wanna buy a book or two? then I can buy more!!! LOL

Leslie

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2007-06-01, 3:29pm
yukue fumei

YAY Leslie!
I wanna see what you make!!!

nagi

Old 2007-06-01, 3:38pm
HourGlass Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
I will post if you like...maybe in a separate thread so there is no confusion.....I have a marble I made with it but I was in a rush and doesn't showcase the color much.....I'll make another one and post pics, maybe tomorrow. Thanks!!!

That would be awesome !!!

Thanks
Old 2007-06-01, 5:29pm
mystical cat lover 56

sweet !
Old 2007-06-01, 5:31pm
yukue fumei

HI dragon myst!
Just FYI, I still am working on the Dragon Eye ring Tut! There is a part that I need DH to take pics for me, so I am waiting for a day he is free

nagi

Old 2007-06-02, 7:29am
I'm too sexy for my shirt

I have 2 pounds of Stormy Weather coming!!! Yahoo. It will be waiting for me when I get back from Illinois.

#K58
Old 2007-06-02, 7:50am
yukue fumei

YAY!!!!

nagi

Old 2007-06-02, 6:17pm
yukue fumei

ok...the June Showcase is not the proper place for horsie butts, so I will post here
Stormy Weather cased over clear. Work in Progress, but so far I am very happy!
please cross your fingers for me that he doesn't crack!!
thanks!

nagi

Old 2007-06-02, 6:26pm
ID10T Problem Solver

Breath-taking!!!!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2007-06-02, 6:26pm
Midnight Torcher

WOOHOO!!! Look at that COLOR!!!

Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed for ya! LOL!!!

Old 2007-06-03, 12:40am
yukue fumei

thanks so much!!!!!

nagi

Old 2007-06-03, 12:59am
Boro Brat

wow, nagi!! Great start!!! My fingers are crossed for you too!!!

Old 2007-06-03, 1:06am
yukue fumei

Thanks Pipyr!!!
PS: I LOOOOOVE your sculptures--soooo gorgeous and inventive!!!!
you are truly an inspiration!

nagi

Old 2007-06-03, 1:18am
Boro Brat

Old 2007-06-03, 8:14am
Megra Farbot

Default Dibs!

Nagi, I WANT that horse! Talk about gorgeous!

(picture me holding a gun to my head) OK, hand it over or the white chick gets it!

Darcy
Old 2007-06-03, 8:23am

Nagi,
I love your horsie. It's beeeeeautiful!