LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2015-06-05, 6:16pm

I am enjoying your progress. Seeing it finished and then hopefully the lovely beads you will make in it! I still enjoy the tutorials I bought from you years ago.
Old 2015-06-05, 9:29pm
Detail G-Mama!

Thanks! I can't wait to be making beads and hopefully getting back to sewing in it also!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2015-06-13, 9:40pm

Thanks for the support! I dug in and took some deep breaths then talked more with my slumlord....oops I mean landlord. He just wants more money, no now I am paying an extra monthly fee and damage deposit. Ugh. But I get to keep it in the yard and work on it (while I pare down and pack up so I can move).
Time to get ripping into it. First off I need to hook up power to test appliances to sell.
Old 2015-06-16, 8:13am

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpryde View Post
Thanks for the support! I dug in and took some deep breaths then talked more with my slumlord....oops I mean landlord. He just wants more money, no now I am paying an extra monthly fee and damage deposit. Ugh. But I get to keep it in the yard and work on it (while I pare down and pack up so I can move).
Time to get ripping into it. First off I need to hook up power to test appliances to sell.
Got started gutting it!

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1434467389292.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  45.7 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1434467476418.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  31.0 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1434467526669.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  36.6 KB
Old 2015-06-16, 9:58am
Detail G-Mama!

Good luck! Your's is in better shape than mine but has the same walls in it!

Old 2015-06-16, 10:00am
Detail G-Mama!

Here's the colors I think I want and the floor sample that I want to put in. The toilet and tub are outta there along with more pipes, just have a little bit of the floor and a couple spots of wall left and then we can start re-building!
Attached Images

Old 2015-06-16, 12:15pm
Slogan Challenged...

yay, more pics. Keep 'em coming, love to see how it turns out

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2015-06-16, 1:20pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Ricketts View Post
Here's the colors I think I want and the floor sample that I want to put in. The toilet and tub are outta there along with more pipes, just have a little bit of the floor and a couple spots of wall left and then we can start re-building!
Oh Anne, those colours are beautiful! I really like them and get a good vibe from them. Not soothing but restorative i guess is the word I think of. Regenerative. I dont know. I'm addled right now, just taking a lunch break and hydrate again. Ripped out the shelves, carpet, lino. I'm kind of thinking this is at least a two person job. Maybe I will add it to my online dating profile....lol.
Old 2015-06-16, 1:33pm
Slogan Challenged...

hahaha : Wanted, hunk with tools

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2015-06-16, 1:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohn View Post
hahaha : Wanted, hunk with tools
Sounds good!
Old 2015-06-17, 9:32pm

Made more progress today and the rain didnt cause too many new problems. I realized that the two ends where the bed was on one side and the table at the other end...are both raised 4 or 5 inches higher. Makes it more challenging to find flat space for torch station and chair. Looks like its not removable though. I really wish I could find an owners manual to this thing. Lol.
Old 2015-06-17, 9:50pm
Detail G-Mama!

What I look like working in the trailer (which is why I can't work for very long at a time!). Hoping soon I won't need the mask anymore!
Attached Images

Old 2015-06-17, 9:53pm

Nice! You look great and being careful!!
Old 2015-06-18, 6:34am
Slogan Challenged...

Face mask is a good idea! loving your tuts btw, thanks

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2015-06-18, 11:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Ricketts View Post
Nope, not putting a bathroom in. I'm not gonna be living in this, just using it as my studio space. Keeping the kitchen just for the storage and the sink for cleaning my beads.
I keep my two concentrators in the bathroom. They fit perfectly. My husband ran the hoses under the trailer to my torch from the propane & the concentrators.

Back in my day, we had nine planets.
Old 2015-06-18, 11:38am

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameonglass View Post
I keep my two concentrators in the bathroom. They fit perfectly. My husband ran the hoses under the trailer to my torch from the propane & the concentrators.
Thats a great idea!
Old 2015-07-07, 8:46pm

Lots more work on the trailer. Got stuck inside when a major hailstorm came through. ....very very loud! Still tearing stuff out. I'm wondering if any of your trailers have an uneven floor. Mine has a 5" rise along the edges that comes out about 2 feet from the wall. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get around it. At the very least I will need to have a 2 foot deep worktable and my chair will have to sit lower and farther back.
Old 2015-07-07, 10:07pm
Detail G-Mama!

I've been slowing down on my trailer, between the heat by the time I get done on the torch an my back and hands not wanting to cooperate, I haven't gotten much else done yet.

Old 2015-07-31, 5:12pm
Sam I Am

Did you take the heat from Texas with you? We miss you! Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Sam

Old 2015-07-31, 6:24pm
Slogan Challenged...

hey, we want some more pics from you guys!

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2015-07-31, 6:54pm

I am stuck with only two hands and a bunch of jobs that require more! Lol. Pics soon.
Old 2015-07-31, 7:37pm
Detail G-Mama!

I've got it almost ready to start the rebuild but now I have to wait till my cousin has time to get the materials and time to do it! The heat has been awful! They aren't used to the heat up here!

Old 2015-08-02, 9:56am

Wow, Anne - I am impressed with your progress. It's going to be a wonderful work space. It's nice to see you!