Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2010-01-04, 3:56pm
Lover of all things color

Default Names on photos

I see that a lot of people include their names on their photos. Is there a special reason to do this or is it just to keep track of progress.

If I decide to do this, what is the easiest way to add the name and say year? Do you create them as separate documents and then past over each photo or use the letter tool to type it in on each one?

Sure wish I was smart enough to create a macro to do it as a batch process. Although none of my photos end up being quite the same size.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2010-01-04, 8:14pm

Jan it's done in your photo editing software. You make your own stamp or brush. It's then in your brushes and you just use whenever you want. I learned how to do it with Kevan's tutorial on taking better pictures and learning to use Photoshop. I highly recommend the the tutorial. It's done wonders for my pitiful pictures.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2010-01-04, 9:06pm

Oooh, shamefully I have the tutorial. I must have missed that little gem. I'll go check it out. I only have Photoshop Elements so it's a bit harder to figure out how to do the same things. I rarely use it, I use something else. I'm sure I can use her tutorial to figure it out though.
thanks,

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2010-01-09, 3:19pm

One of the reason people 'brand' the pictures of their work is to prevent other people from using (or stealing) the pictures. It's just too easy to copy a picture off of the web.

For example, I've taken almost all of the photos of the tools on my website, and I've found several instances where other people have used 'my' pictures.

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978
Old 2010-01-09, 3:35pm

How do they use them Malcolm? Maybe to describe a piece or do they sell them and use your photo instead of taking their own.

I would think that unless the name is a water mark that someone with enough know how could just either crop out the name or use tools to get rid of it. I guess I just don't think I have anything worth stealing yet...LOL

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con