LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2011-05-29, 4:44pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I'm getting an error when I click on the link.

www.keepandshare.com/doc/2835...trated-2-8-meg is not a valid KeepandShare page. #929,483a

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-05-29, 4:58pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwgrant View Post
Regarding the visual reference addendum in the first post. I registered and signed in, then got a warning that I was trying to access a file that wasn't shared. Are the file settings set to public access, or am I the only one that can't access it?
Darrell in Ontario
Nope - I can't access it either. I think it needs to be set to public.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-05-29, 7:25pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadia View Post
Darrell try this link:
http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/show...=1681383&cat=0

Sorry I guess this link is a work in progress, some people seem to have gotten right in others not. It's my first experience with this site so please be patient while I figure it out. Til then please pm me your email addy if you are having trouble downloading. I'm in and out but will try to send asap, and will post better links when able, but please try this new one first ( I cant try the s Im auto sign in)
Thanks
I still can't get in with this link. I added you as a friend so if there is something that gets sent to you asking you to friend "novembersfyre" thats me

I'm thinking if you add people as friends we will be able to see the download.

Old 2011-05-30, 9:47am
birdergirl ~o~

Implosion Flower Illustrated PDF file

Part one and two back to 2 separate files, you may have to sign in ~ I'm not sure but at at least this site seemed to work! please pm me if you have trouble.

http://pdfcast.org/pdf/implosion-flower-part-one-pdf
http://pdfcast.org/pdf/implosionflower-parttwo-pdf

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2011-05-31, 7:48pm

Okay the pdf visual part one cleared up what I was doing wrong. Thanks so much! Will be trying these again.

Old 2011-06-04, 6:44pm

Thanks so much Joan for this super tutorial and Sally for the visual download. I was browsing and found this treasure- thanks so very much for sharing! Can't wait to try this technique!
Shirley
Old 2011-06-05, 11:31am
birdergirl ~o~

Glad the link is working!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Old 2011-06-06, 3:14pm
Dynamic Duo

With permission from Joan -

I have taken the original instructions, the original photographs, and the two seperate pdf files by Sallie and combined them into one document - I kept losing all the pieces when I wanted to refer to these beads. It came out pretty good.

http://flamingfools.com/Joan Implosion Petal Beads.pdf

Old 2011-06-06, 3:56pm
birdergirl ~o~

Cool ! Thanks!

Old 2011-06-22, 8:29am
Confused as usual

wow Joan those blue and purple beads are stunning !! I don't know if I will ever be able to make some as pretty as that but I sure would love to use them in my next jewelry design . I have been designing jewelry for years but have just started with lampworking my own still gathering all my supplies as it costs a fortune I imagine it will take some time , But I have a Dream : ), Thanks for sharing the beads are awesome, MelANIE
Old 2011-06-22, 9:52am

Dear Joan, I stumbled across this at 11.30 (supposedly just checking emails) and I am so inspired I feel like waking my daughter who's sleeping in the study/studio, so I can try it right this minute. It's only the fact that she's just finished exams that keeps me from making her get up!
This is a wonderful tute and I can't wait to try it.

Regards

Suzanne in Oz.
Old 2011-06-22, 11:33am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

Thank you Jazarra and Suzanne!! These beads are NOT hard to make - just time consuming. I hope you both have fun! Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about them!!

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2011-06-30, 10:28pm

wow, you guys are amazing. thankyou Joan for being so generous and thank you also to Cadia and flaming fools for their work and time. I thought I would post this set. It was my fourth or fifth attempt and still needs work (got one bead too hot and the petals gravity swirled - Doh) but I was really happy with the end result.

I'm in Oz but I hope you all enjoy your holiday weekend in the US.
Jennie.
Old 2011-07-01, 2:27am
thecoralcat

WOW Jennie!!!!! Great Job!!!! I love the color combo you chose and also the shape of your focal!!!! I also like the swirled feathers/petals - it adds interest and movement to the set! You can make the glass do anything you want once you understand how it moves and what it takes to make it move heat/gravitywise - it is such a fascinating medium to work with. I think your set is STELLAR - you REALLY Aced it!!! In fact - your gravity swirls are giving me some ideas for bird wings......hmmmmmmm....

NEW TUTORIAL!

Last edited by j2canoe; 2012-02-19 at 4:30am.
Old 2011-07-01, 2:32am

Thank you Joan for this great tutorial! Very generous of you!
Verena

Fritblends in COE 104:
Old 2011-07-01, 4:07am
thecoralcat

You are all so VERY welcome!!! It makes me very happy that so many of my glassy peeps are enjoying it!!!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-07-31, 10:31pm
Dynamic Duo

More beads made using this great tutorial:

MANDARIN

SURFSIDE

Old 2011-08-20, 10:41am
beads....mmmm

Joan!

You rock! I am playing with this tutorial today and having so much fun! Thank you so much!

Woot!

::
Old 2011-08-27, 9:58am

Thanks Joan

Changeable Ring Tools for Sunset Blvrd and RingDing system
Old 2011-08-27, 1:08pm
grama punky - class junky

lovely!

Old 2011-09-05, 9:06pm

These are my favorite beads I'm very greatful for instructions on how to make them hopefully someday I will have a drop of the talent you guys have you all are so wounderfully gifted
Old 2012-02-17, 9:14pm
Heart of Flame

Thanks so much for this tutorial, the pictorial explanation and the great pdf file that puts it all together!

Old 2012-02-18, 2:27pm
Lava Maker

Thanks for the tutorial. I'm not the most patient, so this bead is a good challange for me.

Ann DeHoff
Old 2012-03-11, 10:53am
grama punky - class junky

thank you for posting!

Old 2012-04-08, 1:46pm

It took me three ugly beads to get it right but thank you for the demo.

Steve
Old 2012-06-12, 7:28pm

Off to have a go as soon as I've read the instructions properly! Thanks for sharing this info

Old 2013-01-25, 3:19pm

bump!

This is a fantastic tutorial!
Old 2013-03-07, 8:19pm
Got Honey?

This thread has been around a while but since I just read it a few weeks ago I wanted to say thank you so much for this awesome tut!

Here are some I made They are a bit big so I need to work on getting them smaller but overall I am really pleased!
Attached Images

Old 2013-03-07, 8:26pm
birdergirl ~o~

Those are beautiful Lezlie I love the soft colors and your findings are elegant!

Old 2013-03-07, 8:36pm
Got Honey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadia View Post
Those are beautiful Lezlie I love the soft colors and your findings are elegant!
Thank you so much!