Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-10-20, 9:24am
Melting

Default Barefoot Arts

Anyone heard from them? I sent them a message asking about my order, but I haven't gotten a response. The order was supposed to take 4-6 weeks and I am going on 8 weeks now. I was just hoping for an update.
Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-10-20, 9:26am

Have you called them?
Old 2009-10-20, 10:00am

They're running behind. It took me longer than 8 weeks to get my order.
Old 2009-10-20, 11:09am
Melting

Fanny, I have had a virus and it is difficult to speak clearly over the phone. My voice sounds terrible. I was hoping to avoid calling.

Glowbead, thanks for letting me know they are running behind.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-10-21, 9:25am
Melting

Just spoke to Scott at Bearfoot Arts - he was fantastic! He is waiting for a shipment of bearings to finish my order, and it will go out next week. Scott really was great! We even talked about the marver for a bit. Now, fingers crossed that once it arrives I have some warm weather so I can try it out!! I don't want to have to wait until spring to try this fabulous tool!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-10-21, 11:04am
Calendar Girl

Once I had a longer than expected wait from them and they sent me some freebie stuff! They are really great folks, doin the best they can!

Old 2009-10-22, 5:06pm

Sorry to say I have a small rant coming on!

I ordered mine on June 27th and at that time the wait was 6-8 weeks. I'm going on ... 4 months now (about 15 weeks I think although I've given up counting) and yes I've spoken to the wonderful Scott twice - agreed very nice person to talk with. Both times it was put on the "top of the pile", last week I received my first email reply (no other email replys since I placed the order) saying it was waiting to go ... Don't hold your breath!

I know of one other person who ordered earlier on in June than I did and they don't have theirs either.

Sorry to say Theresa you could be in for a much longer wait!

Mine was a birthday present ...

Old 2009-10-22, 8:05pm
Just Me!

Arrow

BIG PRAISES COMING........

I've ordered a lot of the tools they have to offer over the years and granted the wait is long, but they have always been really nice and have kept me in the loop as to when my tools would be done.

Best thing to do is keep on top of it and you will not be disappointed.

Dealing with really nice people goes a long way.......Valerie
Old 2009-10-22, 8:15pm

I ordered from them June 18th and just got the email telling me they'd shipped it.... so, I guess that was 17 weeks for me?

They have not been unfriendly, but I was trying to "stay on top of it" all of this time, including calling them (never got a return call), and rarely got updates over email. If I hadn't heard glowing reviews of their products, I would have demanded my money back several weeks ago.

I'm sure they're good people, and I know they must have a lot on their plate, but seriously, communication could be much better...

Sadie, I'm sure your spinner will be on its way sooner than later!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-10-22, 8:46pm

Oh good news!

Yes, had it not been for the great product reviews I would have been a demander of my money back but I seriously doubt I would have got it - I was just saying to DH tonight that I really hope there's not a problem with it when it comes as getting that sorted out seems to be an extremely unlikely proposition.

LRH - would you be so kind as to pm me when it comes please? I'd really love to know that someone has theirs and that mine will be here soon! If they were waiting for a part perhaps a whole bunch will be going out?

Old 2009-10-22, 8:56pm

I had similar trepidation about asking for my money back-- boy am I relieved. I'll let you know when I get my package!
Old 2009-10-23, 6:01am
Melting

Oh....oh no. Darn. I will stay on top of it then. I was concerned when I didn't get a response to the email. I'll call Monday and see if the bearings came in; it will hopefully be a little reminder. I hope everyone else gets their tools too. I ordered a rolling marver; I'm not sure what anyone else ordered - maybe it makes a difference? At this point I am just going to try to stay positive and cross my fingers. I was really hoping I could use it before it got too cold.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-10-23, 7:44am

I was thinking of ordering but why do you have to "stay on top of it" I would think that would be their job. I have very little tolerance for being ignored in not getting call backs, or return emails. That is just unacceptable. Nice is wonderful and will stretch out my patients a bit longer, but in the long run, it is customer service that is the most important thing. I hate to have to beg for something I have paid for. The best thing to do is to not have the item up for sale unless it's in stock.

It really makes me not want to order. Who wants to wait 17 weeks for something. Did you pay for these items when you ordered, or when they let you know it's was ready to ship?

Old 2009-10-23, 8:44am
Melting

Oh, it is most definitely a "pay when order" deal!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-10-23, 8:59am

Default response

I would like to assure anyone who has an order in with Bearfoot Art that they will get their tools and not be left hanging. I would also like to explain what has caused us to be behind schedule with some of you and why our communication with some customers has been missing.
There are of course many contributing factors and this could sound like a lot of excuses when I'm done explaining. But, I don't want to make excuses. I want to give reasons. So let me start by saying that I would probably feel the same way a few of you do about our service lately.
We want to deliver our goods in a timely fashion and provide our customers with service matching the great reputation of our tools. I would like to remind you that Bearfoot Art consists of Monica and myself and we intend to earn back the complete satisfaction of our customers. That includes customer service of course.
Since the tools are handmade by me, there is a limited number that I can produce. With a surge in orders over the summer and also my mom moving out here and needed to be cared for by us, I got behind on some of the orders. The posted wait times used to be 4-6 weeks, but we changed it to 6-8 weeks back in June. I'm not sure where Theresa still saw the 4-6 week wait when she ordered. Perhaps there is a page on our site that Monica missed changing. A surge in orders and an overall increase in tools ordered has put a tremendous pressure on us to increase production. We are working very hard. Long hours and late nights to get to a better position.
The work we have been doing will soon be evident as we are catching up. I will try to see to it that everyone ends up satisfied. We have not adjusted the current wait/build time on our site right now as we see it to be an accurate estimate. Some of the people that were in that surge of orders are still waiting, but won't be for much longer and the rest of you look to be right on schedule.
As far as communications goes, Monica handles most of that and says that she recently had too much on her plate all at once and that she did her best to stay caught up with communication, but it did lapse with some of you and she is very sorry. She too is working hard and feeling a lot more caught up these days, so she apologizes failing some of you, but is right back on track right now. The two young kids, caring for my mom, and running the business. My mom is doing a lot better now and needing less care and the surge has slowed because we are holding off on marketing to slow sales so we can get right back on track. Customer service is so very important to us and we really want to make things right and be there professionally for all of you with top notch service.
Production is obviously an area that needs real attention and I need help with that. I have the answer and the production issues will be behind us soon. I am working to have the tools manufactured locally. Their production will start next week I think and then we will see a real change. I am personally setting up the shop and training the people who will be making the tools. They will still be hand assembled but more parts will be machine made. This is an exciting time.

The increased popularity of our products, a few changes in our life, and a couple of computer issues (including a big e-mail bounce back issue) have made a bump for us, but it is all being taken care of. Soon there will be no wait times once these are manufactured and this can be a thing of the past. I stand behind my tools and know that they are very helpful to us glassworkers. I want to continue to bring them to you and for us all to feel good about it.

I'm sorry this has become an issue, we will remedy it the best that we possibly can and thank you for your patronage and your patience.

Scott

Old 2009-10-23, 9:02am

That's ridiculous, especially if they know that the time frame for the order to be filled is months. I think a couple of weeks is reasonable to make a payment, but not 4 1/2 months.

Quote:
Oh, it is most definitely a "pay when order" deal!

Old 2009-10-23, 9:07am

We posted at the same time. I understand if you are having some difficulty, and it was great of you to come and explain. I still think that expecting payment on items that will not be ready to ship for months, is wrong. I think a waiting list would be a better way so folks can hold on to their own money until there item is in at least a two or three week time frame for being completed. If it's even a YEAR wait, so be it, but no one should have to pay at that time. This is just my opinion though.

Old 2009-10-23, 9:16am
Melting

Quote:
[snipped...] The posted wait times used to be 4-6 weeks, but we changed it to 6-8 weeks back in June. I'm not sure where Theresa still saw the 4-6 week wait when she ordered. Perhaps there is a page on our site that Monica missed changing.
It was here, where it now says 6-8:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It said 4-6 when I ordered, and then a few days to a week later it was changed to 6-8. I wasn't sure where I fell, so I waited until right around the 7 week mark to email and ask for an update, and at this point I am going on 8 weeks. Assuming I receive my order next week, that is a three weeks over the original time frame when I ordered, and just a week over the new time frame; I understand that there can sometimes be delays. The combination of the delay and the lack or response to my email (technically two emails) made me concerned about my order. Now that it has been cleared up, I am looking forward to receiving my marver next week, and very hopeful that I will still get a chance to use it before the spring. I am glad I posted, because hopefully other customers can feel reassured as well.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-10-23, 9:30am
da General

I am waiting for the bump to be ironed out before ordering mine! Thank you, Scott, for the lengthy explanation. I do agree with Cynthia that if something has a lead time of 6-8 weeks, "pay when order" really isn't the best customer service (since you mentioned that being very important to you). Perhaps a 50% deposit when order is placed and 50% when item is ready to ship will make your customers happier? Just a thought.

|
|
|
|
Old 2009-10-23, 9:40am

Very fair and good idea!

Quote:
Perhaps a 50% deposit when order is placed and 50% when item is ready to ship will make your customers happier? Just a thought.

Old 2009-10-23, 9:53am

Default half down

Half Down and half when we ship sounds ideal to me, but I have just not been able to figure out how to do that on our shopping cart system. I would have implemented that, but I am open to suggestions. I use Pappashop. I don't see how I could take half down without people thinking that the price is half of what it is. I will revisit the thought of that and research it again and hopefully I can come up with a solution regarding that.

Since June when the surge happened and the wait time had to get extended, we have known that a remedy needs to happen. And beleive me, we are going to get this wait time diminished and extinquished. To get these tools manufactured has taken a lot of detailed work for Scott to get into this partnership with our manufacturer. We need to be very precise in all of the details and costs. We do not want to have to raise the prices, so research was also done and renegotiations for parts, etc. We had an excellent meeting last week with our manufacturer and things are now agreed upon and we can move forward and finally begin to get all of this going. With such finely engineered products, things have to be just right, so rest assured that Scott is the project manager of this new manufacturing venture and will be training and overseeing the guys that will be helping to make these.

Like I said, I am open to suggestions about how to acutally do the half down idea, but at the same time, it will soon be a mute point, so I'm not sure what to do. I want to do the right thing and we are good people doing our best and will always honor and consider your thoughts.

Best Wishes,
Monica

Old 2009-10-23, 10:27am

Since you seem to have many folks who want your tools, would it put you into a bad position, to have orders come in and be put on a waiting list, and then when your about to build or make the tool, ask them if they are still interested and maybe at that point, have them pay? I would think that by the time their name comes up on the list, you would still have a couple of weeks to complete the tool and ship it out. I don't know how long it takes you to actually build your tools so I'm kind of speaking without knowing details. And even if someone bows out at the last minute, I'm sure there will be someone else in line to buy the tool so you wouldn't be stuck with something that you cannot sell. Maybe just until you get things going the way that you plan.

It is though, very nice of you to understand and take into consideration the wants of your customers.

Old 2009-10-23, 10:55am
I need more boro stuff

I like the way GTT handles the order. Place an order, they build it and we pay when the items about to be shipped.

But... that's me.

Old 2009-10-23, 12:07pm
Meow.

Scott/Monica:

I'm chiming in. I have several of your tools and love them all. It's my first stop at B&B every year. That being said, I've been wanting to order an EMS Deluxe for a month now...but knowing the issues and delays was hesitant. I knew I'd get it eventually - but now I need to focus on spending my money on things that will help me produce for the holidays. This is always the worst time of year for me financially (I sell retail, but also work fulltime at an office job) - I feel like I'm putting out large chunks of dough in hopes of seeing a return in Nov-Dec. I sent an e-mail (through the website) three weeks ago asking if I could count on the 8-week turn around being the worst case scenario. That would've put my tool here at the end of November/early December - still in time for holidays. If it couldn't happen I explained I'd understand but I have to spend that money elsewhere until after the holidays because I just can't afford to have someone else holding it right now. I've still not received a response, three weeks are now gone and even if you guys really are catching up sad news for me is that I could've had it in time at 8 weeks then -- but now I can't. Seriously, not being able to get the tool in time is not going to kill me (it won't even make you anything other than my first stop at B&B). I've always received awesome service and the tools are second-to-none...but this lack of communication has had me in limbo on other things too and it's quite frustrating all because I don't want to (can't) tie up an extra few hundred dollars going into holiday season. I currently have a quite sizeable order on hold (for a couple of weeks) with one of your distributors as I've waited to see if they were able to get some answers - because I really was *hoping* to get the EMS in time to make it useful, but also need to stay within my spending budget.

I'm not griping even though it may sound like it - I'm just trying to point out where taking that money up front really does cause significant problems for someone like me.

I think most of us have long lists of wants and needs - and I need to be able to prioritize where the money goes is all -- and timing at this time of year is the biggest factor.

Life gets in the way sometimes, that I certainly get (I'm the primary caregiver for my 91-year old grandmother and her 90-year old brother) - and I really am only speaking up in an effort to give you a look into the customer side. I do think that when things get so far behind that people are waiting 4 months for a tool it might be time to temporaily close the store or even offer a waiting list option reminding folks at *that* time that you guys are a small (and GREAT) operation and find the need to play catch-up before adding to the commitments with addition commited and paid for orders. But that's just me.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2009-10-23, 2:54pm
Melting

Just got the message that my marver is on its way - so happy! Thank you

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-10-23, 3:30pm

Default thank you

Thanks everyone for the advice and feedback. I really appreciate it. We'll do some thinking and and see what will work out best.

Old 2009-10-23, 5:45pm

I think everyone needs to walk a mile in each others shoes.
ginger
Old 2009-10-24, 3:27am
Knob Creek Glass

My box is coming, my box is coming. Can't wait. Thank you Scott and Monica!

Old 2009-10-24, 4:33am
Melting

Yea Barbara!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-10-24, 9:26pm

I also got an "in the mail" email on Friday ... thank you! At least it has some hope of arriving in the next week??? Can I believe it????

I have waited 15+ weeks (will be 16+ ) - but I understand it is a wonderful tool and I understand family issues (believe me I have my own here). However ... communication is the key - emails - don't blow them off, reply immediately!!! If there's a problem let the customer know ... at the very least that's what we deserve - we will understand (unless we're idiots and there are some out there). Sending emails with no reply is simply rude!

In the mean time I have purchased a second hand ems ... as I had hoped to go through the learning curve in my least busy time (over the summer), but that was not the case. I have been practicing on the second hand ems ... which is all good. Great tool... I love it, but it's not the one I ordered!

Scott and Monica ... you lose sales with your customer service. It's a shame ... I wanted to add something but didn't dare in case it slowed the order. I hope this has changed? In the future I will order with ABR - if they don't have it they don't show it, but I wanted to give the artist the extra sales.

I put a lot of money out of my pocket out front... however I look forward to receiving my ems this week????
Sadie