LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2011-10-23, 6:09pm

Default 8x12 shop finally up

DH & I had to downsize to cheaper place & my only option was the 8x12 shed as we no longer have a garage.

I went "up" allot with pegboard to utilize all wall space. I use an old medical "file" cart to hold my boro (within the fench railing). This works great as it is on wheels & can be moved, if needed.

I added better windows & a cheap small AC. Am so glad to have a dedicated space again!

I have gotten many ideas here over the years. I appreciate you all!

Old 2011-10-23, 6:27pm
Formerly Thetabird

Didn't see your other place, but seems cheaper may be better. Looks great! Enjoy!Donna

How I lost 50 lbs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-10-24, 2:27am
Cherine Perrin Glass

Perfect place. Love the pegboard idea!

My Etsy shop: https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2011-10-24, 8:19am
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Looks like a really nice space to work, ..but even with it being in an out-building your lp tank should be outside and piped through the wall.

~
~
~
~
Old 2011-10-24, 8:38am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Ditto on the propane tank.
Nice space otherwise.
Old 2011-10-24, 8:44am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Adorable! I *want* that old chart cart, where ever did you get that, it's awesome!

Old 2011-10-24, 9:28am

Question

Thanks for the comments.

I got the old "chart cart" from a discount used office furniture place called "City Liquidators" in Portland ,OR. One of those places with lots of old desks, junk, something different each time you go!

As far as the propane.....my understanding is that it should NOT be indoors a house or garage (because if leak it sinks to low level and can ignite a pilot light; ie; water heater)

Since my small space is shed & I have no pilot lights etc, thought I would be OK? Plus I check connections with bubbles & also propane has an odor if it leaks.... so why outside ...seems like overkill.

Guess I will have to research this further.
Old 2011-10-25, 5:05am
old fart

nice studio, but it would be real easy to put your propane outside and you should do it

Old 2011-10-25, 6:52am
Gentleman of Leisure

Building codes stipulate propane tanks stored out side of a residence for a reason - SAFETY. Same common sense safety procedures should apply to a out building for propane storage.... A out building is just as capable of propane accident as a residence ... Propane does not know or care where its stored (residence or outbuilding) when it comes to fire or explosion...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2011-10-25 at 7:18pm.